Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
Chips97
thetallaccountant
TheNeil29
7 posters

Upcoming fixtures

TheNeil29

Upcoming fixtures Empty Upcoming fixtures

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:35 pm

It's going to be a tough day at the office on Saturday. I initially thought that Tamworth were going to struggle this season,  but they are on a very good run of form and their new manager, Andy Morrell has really got them going again. It's surprising what a new manager and new approach can do to the fortunes of a team. Irving would do well to have a think about that one.

I would like to think that we could come away with a win, but I dont think we will and that is a problem, because then it is Guiseley, followed by Barrow, then Guiseley again, all in the space of 1 week after the Tamworth fixture.

We are only 7 points from the relegation zone, and 6 points from the playoffs, and the league is extremely tight, but based on the current form of the team and the upcoming fixtures, the season will be finished by New Years' Day.

Thoughts and opinions on the upcoming fixtures?
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Upcoming fixtures Empty Re: Upcoming fixtures

Post by thetallaccountant Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:14 pm

I'd love to be wrong but I think we'll be further down the league by January 1st - it's just a question of how much further down. I'd be delighted with any more than 3 points from these 4 games but fear we'll get less than 3.

We've already lost 4-0 3 times and 3-0 once this season. It's more of these hammerings that I really fear, because judging by league position both Guiseley and Barrow are better than any of the teams that have thumped us before.

Let's hope for some Christmas cheer, but there's no logical basis for expecting any.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:38 pm

My Honest Predictions -

Tamworth (A) - 1-0 Loss

Guiseley AFC (H) 3-0 Loss

Barrow AFC (A) 5-1 Loss

Guiseley AFC (A) 7-0 Loss
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:37 pm

Chips97 wrote:My Honest Predictions -

Tamworth (A) - 1-0 Loss

Barrow AFC (A) 5-1 Loss

Being a bit optimistic there on the Tamwoth game there m8
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:26 pm

Hard to see us winning all four to be honest.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:04 pm

12 points. Piece of P'ss.

Not.

Still, no reason why we can't win any of those games, but I think the teams' confidence is shot. So agree with the above, apart from the severity of the Guiseley scores.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:29 pm

ultimate warrior wrote:
    Chips97 wrote:My Honest Predictions -

Tamworth (A) - 1-0 Loss

Barrow AFC (A) 5-1 Loss

Being a bit optimistic there on the Tamwoth game there m8

Told you

Weaver out
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Like the other week I actually thought we might get something today. Instead we've been taken to the cleaners by a 38 year old. What could be more damning than that? I find it almost impossible to believe that Bloomer, Nelthorpe and Nowakowski are still mainstays of this team after all the changes Weaver has made and good players he's got rid of or hounded out. I know some of you like them but trust me they would be squad players at absolute best at a good side.

I really don't see how Weaver will survive these fixtures. Feel sorry for those that travel to all these places and get so little back. There surely can't be any of them still behind the management team.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:00 pm

Meanwhile Railway and Tadcaster march on...

Post by Guest Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:07 pm

Think you were being a tad optimistic there chips!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Simon is so, so lucky with these fixtures. Guiseley at home next so there'll be a decent attendance and if we lose nobody will bat an eyelid because it's almost expected. And even if we get a drubbing he gets away from home and avoids the uncomfortable mounting pressure for two more tough away games we're also expecting to lose anyway. If we get any results out of these games some will be easily appeased, if we lose them it's expected so there won't be the uproar that there should be. Don't know how he's getting away with it but his job seems safer than ever. It's pretty clear he'll only be gone if we have some abysmal home results and the gate really badly dwindles. As long as people are prepared to keep handing their money over to these people he will have carte blanche to continue taking the p**s. Depressing.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:27 pm

I doubt if he will leave even in those circs. DK. Its obvious by now that Irving will stick with him regardless of how embarrassing it all becomes. For the first time in over 20 years supporting the team I wasn't even disappointed on Saturday evening, defeat was inevitable. I just feel kind of numb. I've always looked forward to the 'festive' (hah!) fixtures, and I'll be there on the 26th and the 1st of January, but with no enthusiasm or anticipation. If three heavy defeats meant that SW would be out I would pray for them, but sadly nothing is going to move him. He already has his excuses lined up: 3 tough fixtures, young players being drafted in, injuries etc. etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:49 pm