Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+14
Big Lundy
TownUltra
pontifex532
Dark Knight
Gareth192001
Chips97
wetherby58
TheNeil29
KatSwinn
thetallaccountant
j2021
A1 drifter
GARAGE
ViewfromtheMoor
18 posters

Shane Killock

ViewfromtheMoor

Shane Killock Empty Shane Killock

Post by ViewfromtheMoor Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:44 pm

Seems we (Guiseley) have take him on loan to cover for our injured defenders Danny Ellis & Danny Hall.

Any good?
    GARAGE

Shane Killock Empty Re: Shane Killock

Post by GARAGE Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:53 pm

Hes our captain so that should tell you all you need to know.
    Does not make sense to help your possible play off opponents.
    What's going on!!!
    ViewfromtheMoor

Post by ViewfromtheMoor Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:59 pm

GARAGE wrote:Hes our captain so that should tell you all you need to know.
    Does not make sense to help your possible play off opponents.
    What's going on!!!

Hmmmm, does seem a bit odd, doesn't it. Is he out of favour? #WeaverOut

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:06 pm

You better bloody not have. Will be absolutely fuming if this is true.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Unbelievable - he's one of our most consistent players as far as I'm concerned. Will he be writing his captain's piece for the programme in future c/o Guiseley? To echo Garage, 'what's going on'?
    ViewfromtheMoor

Post by ViewfromtheMoor Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:24 pm

JordanF wrote:You better bloody not have. Will be absolutely fuming if this is true.

Better get your fuming head on Jordan....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:45 pm

ViewfromtheMoor wrote:
    JordanF wrote:You better bloody not have. Will be absolutely fuming if this is true.

Better get your fuming head on Jordan....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is an absolute joke. Our best defender, club captain, and for me one of the first names on our team sheet.

I am absolutely ****** livid - WTF WEAVER!!!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:15 pm

If this is true this is an absolute joke....

Him and McGurk are our best central defenders by a mile and Shane is our club captain and leader on the pitch.

He's one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Not happy one bit.
    To our challengers in the league as well...
    Like Jordan, Absolutely fuming.

Just as things were improving the club make a decision like this....
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:39 pm

Speechless.
    KatSwinn

Post by KatSwinn Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:53 pm

This surely cannot be a footballing decision?! Something is clearly going on behind the scenes. I would certainly be interested to see the clubs explanation! There will a lot of unhappy fans.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:03 pm

Massive fans favourite...

Unbelievable that's he's been sent to our local rivals,

Makes us weaker and Guiseley stronger...

His pace alongside McGurk made them a perfect partnership.

My favourite player.
    Always stronger when he plays.

So annoyed about this decision.

thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:04 pm

Absolutely Kat.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:08 pm

Looking forward to Neil's input on this one.
    KatSwinn

Post by KatSwinn Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:22 pm

Also why is this on Guiseleys Twitter feed before an official announcement has been made by either club? That can't be right?
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:16 am

The fans need a true explanation as to why this unbelievable mistake has occurred if we can ever get the truth. They must think Nowakowski and Heath are cover at c/half  for McGurk who seems to struggle with keeping fully fit. Heath struggles with his pace nowadays and Nowakowskis heading just goes anywhere but where it should. Thanks Shane for all the good times and maybe we'll see you playing against us sometime. This management team ( dum and dummer) just keep getting major decisions wrong.
    I hear we have signed Seb Carrole from Knaresboro on Thursday- anybody think hes our new c/half?  You never know with these 2 in charge
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:43 am

JordanF wrote:Looking forward to Neil's input on this one.

Quite a mild response to this one, i'm afraid Jordan.

I do not believe that this is a personal thing for Simon. Shane obviously isnt in the first 11 at the moment and because Shane isnt starting, he wants to play, and has probably asked Simon to go out on loan to get some games. I do believe that McGurk/Killock is our first choice CD pairing, period. But Bloomer seems to have found another gear recently, making Simon's decision a bit easier.

The only thing I would question is who he has chosen to loan him to. Guiseley are a team who we could possibly be challenging for a play off spot, but this may be the only team that will have come in for him on a loan basis, I personally would have preferred him to go to Gainsborough or a team who isnt really going to threaten this season (commuting will have been an issue as well). I'm also sure that the club will have inserted a recall clause in that agreement, and also that he isnt allowed to play against us if he stays out on loan until after Christmas.

The fact that Lenighan and Killock have played in the same team, has put my other theory to bed. So, I can only think he has gone out to get match sharp and match fit.

It is a shame, but the team does not revolve around Killock.

This isnt an about turn on the current management, not by a country mile. But for me, although the decision is questionable, it takes two to tango. This is just putting it into perspective.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:38 am

Woken up this morning.....still fuming. There better be some sort of explanation given for this.
    wetherby58

Post by wetherby58 Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:06 am

On the face of it,yet another odd decision by SW....time will tell
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:13 am

Tbh Dave Mcgurk is our best defender but that doesnt mean I agree with the decision at all! Although bloomer has been playing fantastic also! It's still an idiotic decision because now we only have 2 centre backs blooms and Mcgurk and Mcgurk seems likely to get injured a lot...and the other reason is that this just helps a promotion rival out! Weaver is basically giving guiseley a place in the play offs...this has pissed every town fan off....
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:19 am

Seems a good move to me hopefully get his touch back and come back.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:24 am

At the end of the day, it is a questionable decision by Weaver, but there are always 2 sides to every story.

If you were to ask Shane why he is going on loan, he would tell you it was to keep match sharp, match fit and get a run of games under his belt. It is that simple. I dont think it would be anything personal. Shane is way too intelligent for those sort of mind games.

When it comes to Simon, he seems to think that he has other options to play at CB if necessary and players that can play there in case McGurk or Bloomer get injured, i.e Nowakowski, Heath etc......and although they arent as good as Shane Killock in the CB position, they are options, but i'd be very surprised if there wasnt a recall clause in the loan agreement with Guiseley in case of injuries.

It is a big gamble by Simon, and I hope that it does work out for him, because in most fans eyes, Shane should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Including mine.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:20 am

TheNeil29 wrote: But Bloomer seems to have found another gear recently, making Simon's decision a bit easier.
    It's funny how often these decisons become easy for Simon though isn't it? *cough* *cough* *Bolder* *cough*

I thought Bloomer was consistently good at the beginning of last season, despite what some were saying, but at the end of the day he's not a long term solution to anything, he's nothing more than the kind of player every squad needs to have around and to be honest even that cliché is starting to look a bit worn as the years catch up on him. He might be doing well now but he was one of the 3 names on the teamsheet I was talking about last week (I'll leave you to speculate who the other 2 are but I'll just say it's nothing to with their ability). We may well keep our little run going but come the end of the season it will be the same old story.

I agree with your reasoning as to why Killock has had to go out on loan but to Guiseley?!!! And you have to ask why is it that it keeps becoming so easy for really good, important first team players to end up leaving or going out on loan in this way (let's be honest, it'll probably be Walshaw next). Also if Killock gets in at Guiseley and their season kicks on, he'll surely want to make the move permanent as will they. No matter how you paint this, after the disappointing way things turned out for Bolder and Woods, and now our club captain goes from hero to zero in such a short space of time reflects terribly on the management team. It's embarrassing enough already but if Killock goes there, does well and Guiseley make the playoffs...well lets just say that will surely be the final straw for absolutely everybody.

If, when we went 3rd towards the end of last season, someone had said this is how things would pan out 20 odd games later, there would have been total disbelief and utter bewilderment. What a shambles. Evil or Very Mad
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:31 am

I can disagree on any of that DK, but this is just my own personal take on the situation. I'm not trying to paint anything differently at all.

I have never been a massive fan of Bloomer. I have always thought he is just a squad player, or a good off-the-bench player. But he does seem to have improved recently, but sooner or later, he will have a bad game and it will catch up with him. The fact that he and Simon are best mates makes it a little more biased in my opinion as well. For example, if you had to choose between Bloomer/Killock to be loaned out, I know who everyone would say, and it's not Shane.

It could also be the case where if Shane kicks on at Guiseley, then the possibility is that he will be plying his trade there permanently either further on in the season, or next season, even if Simon offered him fresh terms for next season. We would just have to adjust and get on with it really. And to be honest, I wouldnt blame Shane for going.

I have also questioned myself as to how Simon can attract and sign really good players, and not get the best out of them. (the list is reasonably long, in my opinion).

This is already proving to be a long season, but this questionable decision does not improve my current level of confidence (which is already miniscule anyway) in the current manager.

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:39 am

TheNeil29 wrote:I can disagree on any of that DK, but this is just my own personal take on the situation. I'm not trying to paint anything differently at all.

I have never been a massive fan of Bloomer. I have always thought he is just a squad player, or a good off-the-bench player. But he does seem to have improved recently, but sooner or later, he will have a bad game and it will catch up with him. The fact that he and Simon are best mates makes it a little more biased in my opinion as well. For example, if you had to choose between Bloomer/Killock to be loaned out, I know who everyone would say, and it's not Shane.

It could also be the case where if Shane kicks on at Guiseley, then the possibility is that he will be plying his trade there permanently either further on in the season, or next season, even if Simon offered him fresh terms for next season. We would just have to adjust and get on with it really. And to be honest, I wouldnt blame Shane for going.

I have also questioned myself as to how Simon can attract and sign really good players, and not get the best out of them. (the list is reasonably long, in my opinion).

This is already proving to be a long season, but this questionable decision does not improve my current level of confidence (which is already miniscule anyway) in the current manager.

It's difficult to digest really isn't it? No matter what excuse Simon gives this time, like I said imagine if someone had said last season "Yeah Killock, we'll be loaning him out to Guiseley next season"!!! Preposterous is the only word for it. I'd be very surprised if he actually comes back.
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:02 pm

He won't be back if he's got any sense. Had the feeling for some time that he's been falling out of favour.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:31 pm