Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
Chips97
Martin L
6 posters

Ged Maloney

Martin L

Ged Maloney Empty Ged Maloney

Post by Martin L Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi all, Ged is a good guy, a very personable man with great application to do his best and a great ambassador for HTFC. Our frustration as fans is clear and its our results and recent performance that has annoyed us all. We all know what we want, that's 3 points and climb up the league.

No one at Town goes out to lose on a matchday. My issue is just we have gone very corporate, people in suits just breezing through, lording it a bit and it seems Town is fashionable if you have a few quid and lord it in the hospitality.

You will never see them on a Tuesday night singing their hearts out at Altrincham away. As fans and the most vocal on here we know change isn't coming so we still need to voice our opinions for sure, but lets just get behind the team.

My recent post received a massive reaction which is good. Think we all thought it but someone just had to say it.

Tomorrow will be tough, so will Stockport but lets not forget who we are.

We are Town fans, we all have excellent comments what we want and lets keep that going. However, lets not get personal and ring out key people to dry.

Ged is key with the behind the scenes at Town but at least he fronts up on here and match days, as does Gary Plant.

We will be in the top six at Christmas.

Chips97

Ged Maloney Empty Re: Ged Maloney

Post by Chips97 Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:53 pm

Martin L wrote:Hi all, Ged is a good guy, a very personable man with great application to do his best and a great ambassador for HTFC. Our frustration as fans is clear and its our results and recent performance that has annoyed us all. We all know what we want, that's 3 points and climb up the league.

No one at Town goes out to lose on a matchday. My issue is just we have gone very corporate, people in suits just breezing through, lording it a bit and it seems Town is fashionable if you have a few quid and lord it in the hospitality.

You will never see them on a Tuesday night singing their hearts out at Altrincham away. As fans and the most vocal on here we know change isn't coming so we still need to voice our opinions for sure, but lets just get behind the team.

My recent post received a massive reaction which is good. Think we all thought it but someone just had to say it.

Tomorrow will be tough, so will Stockport but lets not forget who we are.

We are Town fans, we all have excellent comments what we want and lets keep that going. However, lets not get personal and ring out key people to dry.

Ged is key with the behind the scenes at Town but at least he fronts up on here and match days, as does Gary Plant.
    100% agree!

Martin L wrote: will be in the top six at Christmas.
    I HOPE SO! You going tomorrow Martin?
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:01 pm

Still resting up after breaking 3 ribs 3 weeks ago. Will be following it on the radio and cheering the lads on. I will be at the Stockport game. Just spoke to Ged and it is touch and go if the new stand will be ready in time. Ged will keep us all informed next week.

I don't think I know you but please introduce yourself next week, I like your posts.

OOH TOWN

HEY HEY HEY LINER ! That's me.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:04 pm

[quote="Martin L"

Ged is key with the behind the scenes at Town but at least he fronts up on here and match days, as does Garry Plant.

We will be in the top six at Christmas.
    [/quote]

I agree Martin. That's why I am back on here. I am so very tired all the time at the moment, I want to enjoy my time at Town again. I'm going to comment again, but not get involved in anything heated. I just want to watch football with my son, which brought me to Town in the first place.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:12 pm

It's a shame Weaver doesn't value him. Poor guy has to pay his own expenses when he visits charity events and meets with the sponsors...

...yet it's funny because Irving never struggles to find money to buy new toys for his son, even rubbish ones with criminal records...
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:31 pm

Rubbish ? Do you even understand football Dark knight
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi Craig, don't be a stranger, we are all open to have a debate. people like rr,ts,neil,you and trev are all very welcome here making good points. sorry if I missed anyone out. we are Harrogate town. A club that we are all passionate about. Come on you town...........

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:09 pm

Martin L wrote:Hi Craig, don't be a stranger, we are all open to have a debate. people like rr,ts,neil,you and trev are all very welcome here making good points. sorry if I missed anyone out. we are Harrogate town. A club that we are all passionate about. Come on you town...........

Thanks Mate. I won't be a stranger, just think before I type in future. I need to learn to relax and enjoy the fun of the debate, and not get so personally involved. I'm 39 now and am still learning how to be a better person all the time, I make mistakes, I just over reacted in such a stupid way, the fault is my own.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:16 pm

hey, hey, hey liner !

Last edited by Martin L on Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just needed a change.)

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:25 pm

Martin L wrote:Hey, I'm 45 and my past is littered with disasters ! Its just how you conduct yourself and if you have a passion for Town then show it. Just be polite, understanding and with the knowledge you have, make a point or two. Never resort to swearing or aggression, that is not our style. People who need to swear don't have the mental ability to communicate. Just in my opinion, but I am right.

hey, hey, hey liner !

Well, that's one thing you will never hear me do, or type on here, swearing. Can't believe I missed 2 home games lately, although only yards away at the hospital with my little one. Looking forward to tomorrow now for sure. The cold autumn nights are drawing in now, time to light up that pitch!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:54 pm

Martin L wrote:Hey, I'm 45 and my past is littered with disasters ! Its just how you conduct yourself and if you have a passion for Town then show it. Just be polite, understanding and with the knowledge you have, make a point or two. Never resort to swearing or aggression, that is not our style. People who need to swear don't have the mental ability to communicate. Just in my opinion, but I am right.

hey, hey, hey liner !

Martin, I swear a lot and believe it or not, I do have the mental ability to communicate. You might be well placed to ask Jordan, Trev or Hamill if I have the mental ability to communicate. They would probably say yes.

rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:51 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    Martin L wrote:Hi Craig, don't be a stranger, we are all open to have a debate. people like rr,ts,neil,you and trev are all very welcome here making good points. sorry if I missed anyone out. we are Harrogate town. A club that we are all passionate about. Come on you town...........

Thanks Mate. I won't be a stranger, just think before I type in future. I need to learn to relax and enjoy the fun of the debate, and not get so personally involved. I'm 39 now and am still learning how to be a better person all the time, I make mistakes, I just over reacted in such a stupid way, the fault is my own.

Just don't think that you have to have the last word on every post might be a good start its what most people find most anoying

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:58 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:

hey, hey, hey liner !

Martin, I swear a lot and believe it or not, I do have the mental ability to communicate. You might be well placed to ask Jordan, Trev or Hamill if I have the mental ability to communicate. They would probably say yes.

Bugger off Martin.....I have heard you swearing before!

I normally agree with you but saying that people who swear don't have the mental ability to communicate is utter rubbish.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Ged does a great job for the club and anyone who thinks otherwise obviously does not know him very well.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:42 am

bit harsh Jordon, never mind. Please don't tell me to bugger off because I will tell you a fact my son, I aint going anywhere, got it, good.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:46 am

Martin.....it was a joke, calm down!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:16 pm