Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

TU's Early Doors Conf North 14/15 discussion doc / prediction algorithm forecast.

TownUltra
    TownUltra

TU's Early Doors Conf North 14/15 discussion doc / prediction algorithm forecast. Empty TU's Early Doors Conf North 14/15 discussion doc / prediction algorithm forecast.

Post by TownUltra Sat May 31, 2014 12:33 pm

So after accurately forecasting last season I thought it might be interesting to have an early think about this season.

There is a lot of speculation that this is going to be a tougher and even more competitive league than last season and I think having put some stats into the TownUltra prediction algorithm (tm) thing that that's probably right.

Without wanting to jinx Town I'm not putting them in this model but my gut reaction is that the team will finish in the top 10 and should be competing for top 5, depends on the team gel.

Chester- Relegated last day of the season, v unfortunate. Going to be a strong team in the league, would bench them slightly stronger than Telford who who won the league last season. - Contenders.

Guiseley- Retained nucleus of team that went on strong run 2nd half of season, going to be up there - Contenders

NFU- Continuing to splash the cash, finished 2nd, going to be up there again - Contenders.

Chorley- Romped their league like NFU/Heds going to be a strong outfit with upward momentum - Contenders.

Tamworth- Coming down, but strong conf / conf north pedigree, going to be decent- Playoff Contenders.

Heds T- Strong team, continuity from last season, maybe lacking the firepower- Playoff contenders.

Barrow- Pumping some money in to the team now, some strong signings, difficult ground to go to- Playoff contenders.

Stockport- Great support, more signings, solidified back end of the season, going to be up there- Playoff Contenders.

Boston U- Strong firepower, not as firm at the back, will be top 10 maybe top 5 - Playoff Contenders

Leamington - Stefan Moore is back, going to be stronger than last year - Poc/ Top 10

Fylde- Another club on upward momentum and bankrolled- Going to be up there- poc/ Top 10

BPA- John Deacey is a chuckle brother - Nobody cares / also ran.

Struggling / Going Down:

Gainsborough T
    Stalybridge
    Oxford C
    Gloucester C
    Hyde

Put your money on that, the algorithm is infallible.
    rangerider
    rangerider

TU's Early Doors Conf North 14/15 discussion doc / prediction algorithm forecast. Empty Re: TU's Early Doors Conf North 14/15 discussion doc / prediction algorithm forecast.

Post by rangerider Sat May 31, 2014 3:44 pm

I use old age and wisdom and the teams above are all "also rans" we are going to win this league at a canter, heard that from my horses mouth  lol! 

TU's Early Doors Conf North 14/15 discussion doc / prediction algorithm forecast. Empty Re: TU's Early Doors Conf North 14/15 discussion doc / prediction algorithm forecast.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:35 am

Agree with most of that TU - it is going to be a tough season as there are some quality teams there, with money too.

Opposition fans are pretty jealous of the fact that we have not only signed Walshaw but Kendall as well. Credit to Simon and Irving on these signings. Other teams, on a similar budget, would have been chasing these two too.

Stockport fans were optimistic about next season about a month ago. Their fans are now pretty pissed off that they have been unable to bring in quality players like we have.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:49 pm

Not only do we have a current monetary advantage, but geography suits us well being easily accessible to a wider talent pool of players who don't want a harsh commute to get to their home clubs.
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:11 pm

Quotes from Chester manager Steve Burr in this week's Non-League Paper:

"I know it's going to be difficult and obviously with the size of the club everyone is going to expect us to go up - it's not as easy as that. For us it will be more bringing in young lads, working with them"

"Even talking to players in the close season now they think we're flush with money. We're not. The budget is very tight."

So although they'll probably be contenders, there's encouragement for us that they are unlikely to be runaway winners.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:34 pm

They may not even be in the league next season due to Hereford's off the pitch woes.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:09 pm

The AGM Cup is not over until it is over!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:56 pm

Maybe we can get somebody to investigate Eccleshill' dodgy American connection and get the cup back, at the same time getting the 8 teams above us to be deducted 30 points by the FA if we dig deep enough for irregularities and we could still do the double! Or just get a Qatari to give them a couple of mil.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:02 am

Have a feeling that with Worsfield, Walshaw and Kendall, we might have turned over Eccleshill
    Just a feeling, might be something I eat

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:16 am

Innocent Bystander wrote:Have a feeling that with Worsfield, Walshaw and Kendall, we might have turned over Eccleshill
    Just a feeling, might be something I eat

... and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:04 pm

I must admit, this season, due to the recent signings, I am more confident than I originally was. We now have 3 excellent strikers in our squad in Worsfold, Walshaw and Kendall.

Walshaw, Kendall and McGurk so far have arrived. I do wonder who's next through the door? I have heard a few names banded about, but these 3 signings (dependant on fitness of McGurk) are very promising so far.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:02 am