Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
trevdee
TheNeil29
Up The Town
7 posters

New striker

Up The Town
    Up The Town

New striker Empty New striker

Post by Up The Town Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:41 pm

New striker on loan from Grimsby Town
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Something positive at last
    TheNeil29

New striker Empty Re: New striker

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:59 pm

He won't achieve anything. Unproven. He will be no different from Worsfold, and he will probably end up playing him out of position.

No faith in Weaver anymore.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:26 pm

On one hand I'm happy we have fresh blood but on the other, what if he scores for fun, then buggers off after a month or the loan extends to say 3 months and then he buggers off...We will repeat last season perhaps.

Oh and Grimsby are only one step above so would their youth player really be able to cope with this league...time will tell
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:29 am

Yes we will, but I stick by my original analysis.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:20 am

I see we are having trouble containing our excitement ! Not the most 'exciting' loan signing I've ever heard to be honest, and hardly the quality, proven striker most of us were desperate for. Still lets not be too pessimistic yet (plenty of time for that later), lets give the lad a chance. He might grab us the winner on Saturday...although I think Neil may need some persuading Smile 
    j2021

Post by j2021 Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:25 am

Neil......
    I seriously think you need to lighten up a little bit, Yes, we're in a seriously poor run of form, at least we've gone out in the market and tried to find the best player available to improve are situation, I do believe we will turn this form around!

At this time of the season, I'm afraid there is no way we're going to be able to bring in a quality, experienced striker that can score goals, they're all tied down.

I, for one, will not be saying anything negative about this signing until I've seen him play.

Good luck to the lad, hope we get behind him from minute one on Saturday, don't be moaning and muttering in the stands if he has a couple of poor touches early on, we need to get behind him, give him that confidence to play to the best of his ability.

I hope he scores on his debut and gets us the 3 points!
    Bring on Saturday.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:55 am

j2021 wrote:Neil......
    I seriously think you need to lighten up a little bit, Yes, we're in a seriously poor run of form, at least we've gone out in the market and tried to find the best player available to improve are situation, I do believe we will turn this form around!

At this time of the season, I'm afraid there is no way we're going to be able to bring in a quality, experienced striker that can score goals, they're all tied down.

I, for one, will not be saying anything negative about this signing until I've seen him play.

Good luck to the lad, hope we get behind him from minute one on Saturday, don't be moaning and muttering in the stands if he has a couple of poor touches early on, we need to get behind him, give him that confidence to play to the best of his ability.

I hope he scores on his debut and gets us the 3 points!
    Bring on Saturday.
    We shouldn't even be in the market for a striker at this stage of the season. The pressure is on the new lad to perform because our incompetent fool of a manager has been unable to ensure any consistency from the other strikers signed.

And they're not all tied down - I'm sure Steve French, Mark Hamilton or Ricky Greenough could all do a job!!!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:19 pm

town supporter wrote:

And they're not all tied down - I'm sure Steve French, Mark Hamilton or Ricky Greenough could all do a job!!!
    I'm being deadly serious when I say there are probably players knocking about in the Claro league who could do as good a job as some of our players have this season.

Not sure what to read into this signing to be honest. Everybody wanted us to sign a striker, well now we have, although I'm not sure signing a youth team player from a club one level above, on a month's loan was exactly what people had in mind. Looking at his credentials it doesn't say much for those we already have available. It also sounds like a bit of a punt to me, in which case we'd surely be as well to have a look at one or two of our own young strikers.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:36 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    town supporter wrote:

I'm being deadly serious when I say there are probably players knocking about in the Claro league who could do as good a job as some of our players have this season.

Not sure what to read into this signing to be honest. Everybody wanted us to sign a striker, well now we have, although I'm not sure signing a youth team player from a club one level above, on a month's loan was exactly what people had in mind. Looking at his credentials it doesn't say much for those we already have available. It also sounds like a bit of a punt to me, in which case we'd surely be as well to have a look at one or two of our own young strikers.
    What makes you think I wasn't being serious about Steve French, Mark Hamilton or Ricky Greenough?!!!

And it doesn't sound like a bit of a punt, it is a punt! The noises coming from the club a couple of weeks ago all centred around what a good set of lads we have, just a case of bad luck, they'll come good in the end and lets just stick by them. Anyone else at the fans forum session should be able to confirm that. Fast forward a few weeks and we've signed a 19 yr old on loan from Grimsby, which just happens to be the club Macca played for pretty much his entire career so plenty of imagination there!
    Up The Town
    Up The Town

Post by Up The Town Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Check this out. Laurie Wilson used to play for us.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:26 pm

There is a striker and midfielder who have scored 30 goals between them already this season in the Northern League Division 1 for Guisborough Town. It's not a Mickey Mouse league either.

S.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Yeah played 17 scored 17 (most must be cup) but someone like that is worth a punt, especially as only 20.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:07 pm

slicker wrote:There is a striker and midfielder who have scored 30 goals between them already this season in the Northern League Division 1 for Guisborough Town. It's not a Mickey Mouse league either.

S.

It certainly isn't. Guisborough are currently quite near the bottom of the league (Division 1) though. As I keep trying to suggest, take a look at the talent in Spennymoor (champions or second for the last 3 or 4 seasons) and now top. They win so often it's tedious. Look at the scoring records for Cogdon and Henderson for example.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Have they got any managers we could borrow?

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 5:13 pm

We will be seeing Dayle Southwell again next season as he has today signed for Boston United.

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 6:40 pm

We will be seeing Dayle Southwell again next season as he has today signed for Boston United.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed May 28, 2014 10:50 am

Didn't do too much for us, but don't think he played that often. Interesting to see how he develops in non-league football. Long as he doesn't score against us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:41 pm