Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
j2021
CCOB
TheNeil29
Big Red Machine
sulphurite
YoungStato123
10 posters

The Transfer Thread.

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

The Transfer Thread. Empty The Transfer Thread.

Post by YoungStato123 Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:28 pm

Just decided lets stick up a thread for transfers in or out of town or other clubs. Anyway towns 3 new signins:
    Ben Chapman - On Loan from Eastwood
    Trevor Benjamin - Free Transfer
    Jamie Harwood - On Loan from Gateshead
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

The Transfer Thread. Empty Re: The Transfer Thread.

Post by sulphurite Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:42 pm

What's happened to John Lamb? Was on the bench, then not, no news, is no news!!!! Surprised
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:43 pm

YoungStato123 wrote:
    Trevor Benjamin - Free Transfer

Not confirmed at the moment YoungStato123, I will confirm this when I know!
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:46 pm

sulphurite wrote:What's happened to John Lamb? Was on the bench, then not, no news, is no news!!!! Surprised

Will be revealed in next weeks programme!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:55 pm

I take it as a departure or injured. If hes left i assume he will go back to Guiseley/Leigh
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:12 pm

Big Red Machine wrote:
    sulphurite wrote:What's happened to John Lamb? Was on the bench, then not, no news, is no news!!!! Surprised

Will be revealed in next weeks programme!

Damn, that means I will have to..... read someone's.. Laughing
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:28 pm

So it's you that doesn't buy them!

heh heh
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Harrogate Town Reserves player Adam Nowakowski has been registered on Conference forms.

Adam, 23, has impressed Simon Weaver whilst playing for the reserves which has resulted in him being added to the first team squad.

He put pen to paper at the back end of last week in what was a very hectic time at the CNG Stadium, with the signing of Trevor Benjamin not being completed until late on Friday evening after Ben Chapman, Jamie Harwood and Richard Dunning had also joined the club.

We now have a pretty big squad!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:01 pm

Lets hope now the squad is strong enough to take it to the next level...or mid table at least.

Very pleased with the signing of Trevor Benjamin, Jamie Harwood and Richard Dunning though.

All we need now is for Weaver to go on the sidelines, and we will improve....
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:15 am

Weaver was on the sideline last saturday. He only came on when Wood got injured. I would guess if Wood is fit to play this weekend then Weaver will again start on the bench.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:12 pm

I'm really hoping so too, as he isnt half as good as the likes of Wood and Sturdy, and if he does stay on the sideline, I am really optimistic of us getting a good result at WR on Saturday.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Why can't we keep hold of decent players?
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:09 pm

Sturdy and Leon Scott have gone to Matlock on loan
    and weve brought in Arron Jameson from Sheff Wednesday on loan (a goalkeeper) guess Lambys left by the looks of it!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Had an idea that Lamb wasnt happy, losing his place to Hernandez in goal. The manager has obviously decided he isnt good enough to cut the mustard at BSN standard.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:30 pm

Just seen the following......

There have been a few loan player movements in and out of Harrogate Town on Friday.

Arriving at CNG Stadium on loan for one month from Sheffield Wednesday is goalkeeper Arron Jameson. The 19 year old has previously played in the Blue Square North for Gainsborough Trinity on loan from the Owls. He also played for Ilkeston Town in the UniBond Premier League last season, helping them to secure their promotion to Blue Square North.

Going out on loan, both for one month to UniBond Premier League clubs, are Simon Sturdy and Leon Scott. Simon goes to Matlock Town whilst Leon Scott has returned to Whitby Town.

In other player news, midfielder Peter Holmes has moved on to Blue Square Premier club Ebbsfleet United after making one appearance for Harrogate Town.

My points: WTF is he playing at letting both Leon Scott and Simon Sturdy go?????? The manager must be desperate for a place in the starting XI. And he has let Peter Holmes go as well, and he was defending the guy after the BPA game??? The guy has only just signed......but at least he has gone to a better club.

Dont really think that Jameson should replace Hernandez in goal either......but i'm sure Weaver will replace Hernandez because of the Northwich game, although the manager was the one who committed the foul that resulted in the Vics scoring.

How much longer can he cover his tracks for, before he is found out???

Any other views??
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:05 am

Don't forget he also let "Jose" go to Macclesfield rather than sign for us?

Today is a real test for the team and a win will be the only acceptable outcome, I am not looking forward to it Embarassed
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:38 am

If hernandez is dropped i will be really annoyed! He has done nothing wrong since he took the GK position and deserves to keep it. and why we are loaning defenders away whens its defenders we need i have no idea :O
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:42 pm

I must admit, I was impressed with the fight shown by the team yesterday, and Weaver didnt have a bad game, but I seen a comment in the match programme from Weaver, stating that if he could sign an experienced defender, he would manage from the sideline. But he got shut of Sturdy, Scott (on loan) and Gent, who are all better than him, so I dont really understood that comment.

Although the performance was impressive, I'm of the belief that Peter Harwood was not up to the standard of BSN. He looked knackered after 60 mins, and was subbed, and Benjamin had 2 flashes of brilliance that led to the 2 goals, but he done nothing, apart from that.

However, when the dust settled, I was happy with the performance, and Jameson had an amazing game, and some of his saves were top class.

I am feeling a lot more content than I was 2 weeks ago. All we need now is for Weaver to go on the touchline, and we will climb the table.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:41 pm

i think ih harwood gets some fitness he will come good anyone that has scored 15 (or something like that ) for his previous club must be good enough for us. As you say trevor 2 flashes of brilliance 2 GOALS!! surely that is a great game... i thought he did alot more than that to say he was being manhandled by ther centre back.i thouhgt his touch was great an dhe brought the other players into the team well, if we can get him FIT he will be a great player
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:00 pm

J2021. I fully agree. But this far into the season, his match fitness should already be there, and it obviously wasnt. And with my comment about Benjamin, I would just like to see him put himself about a lot more. He was getting dragged by the defender on Sat, but he has more than enough power to shove him off the ball, turn and attack. Once he starts doing that, he could have 20 goals by the end of the season.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:48 pm

I don't think Benjamin has played all that much before he came to Town.
    one of the best strikers in this country's history didn't do much in the game but put the ball in the net when it was required - Jimmy Greaves.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Jimmy was a legend in his day. But we now need another player who can put the ball in the back of the net and have the same impact as Benjamin.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:01 pm

Sorry but you dont get Didier Drogba or Torres at this level. You get decent strikers that usually have one or two main strengths - either quick and pacy, tall and strong - but you just hope they will bag in a few. He's doing a great job for us at the moment, something that all our others strikers lacked - we even converted Dutton to a target man because that what Weaver realised we were lacking. Its not about players, its about how they fit in the team, just look at Capello one of the best managers in the world with Heskey, pretty useless in front of goal but what he brings to the team, and Rooney, means he's worth it. And just think of old combo's we've had, I remember when Smith and Holland played up front, Deano and Scooby last year, Trev and Ryan could be a very good combo for us. And 3 goals in 2 games when he's not even fully fit, give the bloody guy a bit of time!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:00 am

Its not that I dont agree. I agree completely, but we do need someone else as I dont think the other strikers, apart from Ryan, can cut the mustard at this level.

We do need an experienced striker, alongside Benjamin. I believe that Benjamin was a good signing from what I have seen.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:57 am

oing back to the peter knowles business, rather puzzling. we were told that he left because he didn't feel he was up to the level of the BSN, then he goes and signs for a BS Premier club! Strange or what?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:49 am