Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
paulstreet
j2021
TheNeil29
yorkbrian
YoungStato123
9 posters

Kevin Sharp Sacked.

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Kevin Sharp Sacked. Empty Kevin Sharp Sacked.

Post by YoungStato123 Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:11 pm

Just been reading the advertiser and Weaver has decided to release Sharp, with him wanting more experience beside him and has already replaced Sharp by bringing in ex Blyth Spartans coach Tom Wade. Weaver has also confirmed he has signed Ben Chapman from Eastwood.
    yorkbrian
    yorkbrian

Kevin Sharp Sacked. Empty Re: Kevin Sharp Sacked.

Post by yorkbrian Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:25 pm

Also signed Jamie Harwood

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Knew about Dunning and Chapman but this signing was not foretold!!!

I know that at least two other names have been pursued.
    TheNeil29

Kevin Sharp Sacked. Empty Sharp Sacked

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:08 pm

I'm so angry with Weaver and what a coward he really is, he has used Kevin Sharp as a scapegoat. Kevin Sharp had a higher career profile than what Weaver has, Sharp had not done anything wrong, only instructed from the touchline what Weaver wanted, then he sacks him and then he goes and picks a man who has knowledge of North East Football, and has no, or minimal league experience. Sharp left a Premier League Club to come to Harrogate Town, just to be treated like a piece of crap like Weaver. I am so angry I really do want to grip Weaver. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

What makes me seethe the most, is the fact that Sharp has a young family that he needs to provide for, just to be told like a piece of crap like Weaver that he is axing him, and now that poor man is unemployed.

He should really get in the dugout and start managing, or do us all a favour and leave the club before he destroys it, and we end up playing Unibond Football next season.

On the other side, let me be one of the first to wish Kevin Sharp and his family all the best for the future, and I hope that he is successful in the future.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:18 pm

Fully agree with you neil, I dont understand why he has sacked him at all, it just seems to me he is trying to deflect all the critisisms away from himself by sacking sharp. I wish sharp a good career whether in in or out of football. Good Luck Kevin Smile
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:00 pm

Suddenly lost a lot of respect for Weaver. Seems like classic buck passing. I doubt if Kevin will be unempoyed though, surely he was only part-time at Town.
    itk

Post by itk Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:46 pm

I bet if the changes take effect and the season turns around you will all forget quite quickly about Kev and be thankful for the brave [and unpleasant] events of the last week. Nearly a good result today. Might bob up to the next game to see if things have improved!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:05 pm

itk wrote:I bet if the changes take effect and the season turns around you will all forget quite quickly about Kev and be thankful for the brave [and unpleasant] events of the last week. Nearly a good result today. Might bob up to the next game to see if things have improved!

Who says that Kev is at fault ?
    yorkbrian
    yorkbrian

Post by yorkbrian Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:37 pm

yorkbrian wrote:Also signed Jamie Harwood

One of which is Trevor Benjamin

Can I ask where all your facts have come from re Kevin Sharpe?

Would hate to think there was any guesswork there.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:44 pm

Yes, please be a little careful when making statements guys!

By all means debate and comment but facts are great, the other well .....
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:28 pm

yorkbrian wrote:
    yorkbrian wrote:Also signed Jamie Harwood

One of which is Trevor Benjamin

Can I ask where all your facts have come from re Kevin Sharpe?

Would hate to think there was any guesswork there.

Guesswork? I have been stood by the dugout at all home games, and watched closely as to how Sharp was putting his instructions across. The only 2 players who seemed to listen were Durham and Burrell. The rest of the time, Weaver was trying to manage whilst playing. And the other players just didnt seem to care what he was saying.

Let me put it to you like this, if you took an assistant on, would you sack him if he had done nothing wrong after 3-4 months in the role? no, you wouldnt. You would give him longer to prove himself.

By sacking Sharp, all he has done is tried to deflect the criticism from himself, and failed.

Big Red, I realise about your view on comments, but it makes me angry how they could put someone so incompetant at managing this club, tactically inept and someone who likes to blame everyone else when things go wrong in such a privileged position that he holds, and who will get rid of defenders who are better than him in order to keep his place in the starting XI.

That is all i'm going to say on this matter.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:54 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:

Big Red, I realise about your view on comments, but it makes me angry how they could put someone so incompetant at managing this club, tactically inept and someone who likes to blame everyone else when things go wrong in such a privileged position that he holds, and who will get rid of defenders who are better than him in order to keep his place in the starting XI.

That is all i'm going to say on this matter.

Never said don't be angry and the comment wasn't aimed at anyone, all I pointed out is that facts are fine, as it is hard to dispute them (as long as they are correct).

Gueswork and rumour (although can be fun, granted) can be extremely detrimental to any casue. One person's "analysis" of a situation will always be slightly differnt to anothers (fact of life) and this in turn leads to the famous game of Chinese whispers and we all know how that turns out!

By all means debate, rant, show emotion, I hope that people have realised now that I, nor Admin, are going to censor comments (unless they are way to personal or racist etc) as we are all adult enough here to understand debate. But please, unless you know solid facts about certain issues don't post guesswork and try to pass it off as truth (and before anyone gets there panties in a bunch - I am NOT aiming that comment at any one individual!)
    itk

Post by itk Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:39 pm

sulphurite wrote:
    itk wrote:I bet if the changes take effect and the season turns around you will all forget quite quickly about Kev and be thankful for the brave [and unpleasant] events of the last week. Nearly a good result today. Might bob up to the next game to see if things have improved!

Who says that Kev is at fault ?

I don't believe anybody has said it is KS's fault. The manager has decided to make changes throughout. IF it works then you will all forget KS, but if it doesn't you'll all have your knives sharpened! How about you take this out on NA and TS; they spent all the money and then ditched Harrogate. You've got a man in charge who is prepared to fight the odds and give it a real go. He hasn't shirked a decision and it's all for the benefit of the club.

Give him a chance and stop slating him.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:28 pm

I wont stop slating him until he decides to manage from the sidelines, instead of the pitch. And starts giving other defenders a go instead of sending his competition in defence to other clubs by transfer, or loan in order to preserve his place in the first XI. Only then will I start to think he has the best interests of the club at heart.
    itk

Post by itk Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:17 pm

You're a clown!
    the wizard

Post by the wizard Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:15 am

and you're better for placing such a post?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:02 pm

Well itk, if you dont like my posts, dont respond! and for me being a clown (if it was directed at me), look at the Wizards comment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content