Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
Innocent Bystander
trevdee
6 posters

Team against Motors

trevdee
    trevdee

Team against Motors Empty Team against Motors

Post by trevdee Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Now when I saw the team line up on Sat with Hardy, Bloomer and Adam N all starting, I must admit I was slightly concerned however considering they got a hard thought win, would you stick with the same starting 11 if you were Weaver (given that we may have some additional players available)?

Team against Motors Empty Re: Team against Motors

Post by Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:49 am

Yes. Doesn't offer much hope to them otherwise. Bloomer can do a decent job at right back as positionally he's very good. I just don't believe he's commanding enough to playa centre back. If hardy can recapture his form when he first signed for the club then he could be a real threat. Nowakowski clearly has a point to prove and perhaps deserves a chance.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:17 am

Cannot see there being many changes tonight? But we will all find out in a few hours!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:50 am

Its a squad game, they say, these days. On that basis I would definitely bring Nelthorpe straight in (too good to leave out?), and much as Matt Bloomer has done a good job pre-season, I'd have Dwayne back as well (if fit). On t'other hand, maybe you stick to the winning XI on Saturday. Tough choices

Can't wait till this evening...think we'll beat the 1000, just!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:35 am

I would put Nelthorpe and Samuels in, and my squad would be as follows:

MacGillivray

Samuels, Franks, Killock, Merris

Rowe, Bolder, Brown, Nelthorpe

Worsfold, Hall.

But there again, I'm not the manager.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:32 pm

The only threat Harrogate need to worry about is the top 2 pairing, Karl Noon and Lloyd Ellams. Lloyd was released by Stalybridge at the back end of last season, and Karl Noon has currently returned to the club, and is known to be a bit of a cult hero.

Their squad isnt really that strong, and I believe that we are better, and have more quality in all departments.

This should be a routine win for Harrogate tonight, and I'm sure that N Ferriby will have people down watching, so its essential that we put on a good performance, and finish with the 3 points.

Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:44 pm

The 90 mins will tell
    But I suspect Gainsborough might be a bit weaker than last year
    So a 2-1 win for VM at the weekend probably wasn't all that special?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:57 pm

That is very true, due to Gainsborough having to slash their budget by 80%. Karl Noon and Lloyd Ellams will still pose a considerable threat that needs to be watched though.

I cant wait. 5hr and 45mins and counting.....

Onwards and Upwards!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:12 pm

Agree with you again Neil re: the team selection: I'd love to see Rowe start, cause mayhem down the wing, but kind of think he'll be on the bench again...come on Simon give him a start!
    Oh well, home for a few hours then on the train to Harrogate and get their nice and early...the nerves are beginning to build, but I'm confident.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:44 pm

I'd start with the same team, BUT I'd swap Franks and Nowakowski round. Not because I think either of them have been bad, simply because I think Adam fits the Full/Centre back bill so well and I think Franks would be useful as a midfielder. However, I notice that he doesn't seem to have played competitively in midfield so I may be wrong.

I still maintain that the most comfortable back line I've seen pre-season was Bloomer, Nowakowski, Killock, Merris.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:33 pm

First game of the season for me Smile Exciting times!!!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:55 pm

quite funny, everyone has slightly different views and make slightly different tweaks but they all seem to work for me....nice headache to have!!!! Roll on 7.45!!!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Shocking tonight. Defenders not quick enough, midfield dropping too deep, too much hoof football again. Simon and Macca were telling the players the right things, they just didn't listen, with the exception of Chris Hall, who did listen.

We were lucky to not get beat as Vauxhall had their chances. With the exception of Adam Bolders goal, we were a disgrace tonight, and there were a lot of poor performances out there.

If we play like that against North Ferriby, they will destroy us.

2 points dropped, a lot of very disappointed fans and a massive improvement required before Saturday.

A very unhappy fan here.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Have to agree Neil, a desperate disappointment, and back down to earth to a lot of us over-excited supporters! Wonder how many of the uncommitted fans will come back for more of that? Not many !!
    Adam's goal was great, and we had some chances in the first half, Liam Hardy should have put his chance away. Second half was shocking. Why invest all that money in a beautiful pitch if we never keep the b....y ball on it. Only one team tried to play football, keep the ball on the ground and it wasn't us Mad 
    Few thoughts: the Liam Hardy 'experiment' has to end, Nelthorpe has to start from now on in, the management need to make their mind up where to play Adam N, I didn't have a clue last night. The quality players need to be starting, not on the bench, that means Samuels and Nelthorpe must start Saturday. Ha;ll works his socks off, but needs support, I'd almost forgottem Worsfold was playing yesterday. Rowe needs more of a chance. We desperately need Woods and Taylor back.
    Apart from that everything is great Smile 

Better bring your pocket calculators on Saturday, you'll need it to keep track of all of Ferriby's goals...I'm joking...I think Smile 

OK we do have 4 points out of 6 and are unbeaten, but Tuesday was a real kick in the stomach, I hope no-one is in denial.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:28 pm