Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
Geoff
j2021
Big Red Machine
CLUBTOWNFAN
YoungStato123
9 posters

Harrogate Town v Hyde

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Harrogate Town v Hyde Empty Harrogate Town v Hyde

Post by YoungStato123 Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:13 am

Simon Weaver said there will be changes for this game i think if we get a new striker by todays game we could win this. My Prediction is 2-1 town
    Predicted Team:
    1. John Lamb
    2. Simon Harrison
    3. Rory Coleman
    4. Leon Scott
    5. Simon Weaver
    6. Matt Bloomer
    7. Luke Durham
    8. Dave McTiernan
    9. Ollie Ryan
    10. Jon Maloney
    11. Brian Dutton

Subs:
    Hernandez, Sturdy, Broadbent, Gent, Thomas
    CLUBTOWNFAN

Harrogate Town v Hyde Empty Re: Harrogate Town v Hyde

Post by CLUBTOWNFAN Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:38 am

Think the new striker is later in the week, but if changes are to be made then start with Broadbent up front. Worth giving him a start.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:36 am

personally I would go with

1) Lamb
    2) Harrison
    3) Coleman
    4) Dutton
    5) Weaver
    6) Bloomer
    7) Durhan (left Side)
    8. McTiernan
    9) Maloney
    10) Broadbent
    11) Burrell (Right side)

12) Hernandez
    14) Ryan
    15) Sturdy
    16) Gent
    17) Thomas

Playing 4-4-2 with Mctiernan slightly forward then Dutton.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:56 pm

i think you got it spot on there big red machine, only thing i would change is i would play sturdy instead of weaver Rolling Eyes i think sturdy will be better up against all the big centre forwards in the league.
    Geoff

Post by Geoff Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:55 pm

Lamb dropped
    4 attacking players on the bench:
    Warren Burrell
    Zeph Thomas
    Luke Durham
    Jon Maloney

Playing with six recognised defenders - the people forking out £11 will be really happy about this!
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:15 pm

Sure they will have been happy enough to pay with a 2-0 win. Who went down? I couldn't make it down, what was the overall performance and play like. Any what was the formation, seems very defensive on paper, obviously not.

Any word on Woodhouse and whats going on with Ollie Ryan? Rory Coleman sounds like a brilliant little acquisition where has he been playing down the left? Who was up front just Broadbent on his own.

No matter all the above stuff we desperately needed a win as although performances have been good, its points that matter and we're flirting near the bottom. I know Simon will need to find his best 11 etc. but still after Farsley and Northwitch have both caught up points decuction was abit worrying.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:25 pm

Great win for Town thought we played well enough to win the game although hyde didnt look anything special...we played 3 at the back with 2 attacking wingbacks. then 3 across the middle and 2 upfront. started the game with weaver, Bloomer, sturdy at the 3 centre back positions, with wood, Mctiernan,leon Scott the wingbacks were Coleman and Harrison. then we had Dutton and Broadbent up front, Dutton was used as the target man throughout the game and won most of his headers Very Happy then in the seconds half we brought on burrell for weaver and then wood dropped back to centre back and burrel slotted into centre mid. late on we brought on durham who looked quality great play to set-up the 2nd goal and was a threat the whole time he was on the pitch. WELL PLAYED TOWN!!! KEEP IT GOING INTO THE NEXT GAME!!!!

P.s thought hernandez did a great job in net his handling was excelletn he took just about every cross, had no saves to make though.

And i saw Woodhouse at the game so im guessing he is injured he sat on the bench 1st half.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:00 pm

Superb performance from the team today, they played as a unit and more importantly, they were first to every ball.

The back five worked really well and I must admit to being very impressed by Micheal Wood. He was very composed and very tidy. Simon Sturdy was like his old self and the yellow card - what a joke!

The player for me and the one who is likely to give Simon a right headache was Stephen Hernandez, his catching was first rate and his positioning was brilliant. I feel sorry for Lamb as off the pitch he is a top bloke!

Scott showed us he can play today and it was good to see him getting stuck in without the wild side to his game.

Another performance was from Broadbent, he had the ball up well, linked up with Dutton (he is a quality header of the ball!) and showed some good composure for the goal.

Rory Coleman has a great future ahead of him, rather amusing in some respects that the loan player is now our leading goalscorer! It would be nice if we can increase his loan but with him being on the fribges of Scunthorpes first team!!!!

I supose the only complaint I can come up with is that we should have put a few more past them, but all in all - a very good performance from the lads
    CLUBTOWNFAN

Post by CLUBTOWNFAN Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:08 pm

Keep Weaver and Lamb off the pitch (who cares if Lamb is a top bloke off the pitch) todays performance was a lot better especially the second half.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:12 pm

Geoff wrote:
    Playing with six recognised defenders - the people forking out £11 will be really happy about this!

2-0 Hmmmm
    duzza123

Post by duzza123 Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:15 am

was a great result from the lads. we needed the 3 points. so who played well then did any of the subs get on and did they make any difference because i saw we had an attacking bench.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:06 am

Well summed up by everyone. I actually thought it was a fairly poor game, but the 2 goals were good, and Hyde never really threatened. Hard to drop Hernandez now surely? What future for Ryan if we get a new striker in? Looks like we may struggle to beat the better teams but should be a match for the more average ones, midtable beckons, and that would be OK this season. But we do need a good cup run for sure. Attendances a real worry, take away the 35/40 Hyde fans and we had about 270 there, almost like the old Unibond Division One days.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:00 pm

Now let me think, who is to blame for that ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:53 am