Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
nztownfan
James_85
6 posters

New to Harrogate Town for 2013/2014 season

James_85

New to Harrogate Town for 2013/2014 season Empty New to Harrogate Town for 2013/2014 season

Post by James_85 Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Evening all,

I shall be watching Harrogate Town during the upcoming season and was wondering what to expect, e.g standard of opposition, style of play, ethos of Harrogate Town etc. I have lived in Harrogate for over 5 years now but due to working on Saturdays and some mid-week evenings I could never get to watch them. However, I am starting a new job at the end of July so will have everyother Saturday off! I watched step 5 non-league league football for over 6 years where I previously lived (not missing a home game in all that time) and would love to get back to watching non-league football as I love it. Any feedback would be greatly welcome Smile
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

New to Harrogate Town for 2013/2014 season Empty Re: New to Harrogate Town for 2013/2014 season

Post by nztownfan Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:15 pm

A warm freindly club which is hoping to do well this season

in all honesty the club and poeple on this board claimed we placed on the floor "pure" footbapl but that was not the case... However with the pitch being sorted hopefully we can get back to that style

you will see one of the best young keepers in non league along with several players qho sould be playing higher in the pyramid and hopfully some more star players signing

Ultimatly playoffs is our goal (there are some really strongteams in the league) but an fa cup run will be good (not trying to jinx it Wink )

Expect drama tbh... Massive wins, horrific losses but ultimatly good fun Laughing
    gedmaloney

New to Harrogate Town for 2013/2014 season Empty Re: New to Harrogate Town for 2013/2014 season

Post by gedmaloney Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:03 am

James_85 wrote:Evening all,

I shall be watching Harrogate Town during the upcoming season and was wondering what to expect, e.g standard of opposition, style of play, ethos of Harrogate Town etc. I have lived in Harrogate for over 5 years now but due to working on Saturdays and some mid-week evenings I could never get to watch them. However, I am starting a new job at the end of July so will have everyother Saturday off! I watched step 5 non-league league football for over 6 years where I previously lived (not missing a home game in all that time) and would love to get back to watching non-league football as I love it. Any feedback would be greatly welcome Smile

Evening James - feel free to attend the forthcoming Supporters Club AGM on the 17th June in the 1919 Bar and I will introduce you to some of our young and not so young supporters. You can be sure of a warm welcome Smile we are keen to encourage new members to get involved - if you contact the office with your contact details I will get in touch.
    Ged Maloney
    Up The Town
    Up The Town

Post by Up The Town Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:14 am

I thought the Supporter Club AGM wa on the 19th June
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:07 pm

So did I Ged. Coz that's when I'll be there. And you have to be a member to speak or vote.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:So did I Ged. Coz that's when I'll be there. And you have to be a member to speak or vote.

Just testing!!!!! Hey give me a break! It was after midnight and I had been on the Desperados Very Happy
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:38 pm

You are getting 'into' Harrogate Town at the right time James, there is a lot going on and the 'vibe' is pretty good at the moment. We had a few 'dodgy' seasons for various reasons, but last year was good (if fragmented because of the weather), and next season looks to be at least as good. In addition to that the Conference North looks a bit tasty next season (Stockport County playing in a pert time league??), Barrow, AFC Telford, Guiseley, Altrincham (with Reeves [/b][/i]and[b] Walshaw Shocked ), North Ferriby (who appear to have money to burn)...exciting times ahead. Don't miss it (and that goes for anyone else reading this!).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:32 pm