Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Wise Men Say Podcast

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Wise Men Say Podcast Empty Wise Men Say Podcast

Post by nztownfan Tue May 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Sunderland AFC's premier podcast... check it out Wink The podcast is a weekly show about the premeir league team Sunderland and is the teams biggest and IMO the best and has a large audience and is ran by Stephen Goldsmith who is a free lance journalist for local radio

Why am i telling this to you i here you cry Laughing ... Well I was chatting with them on Twitter about the pre season game and i invited them down for the match... well anyway after chatting some more i suggested to them they sould do a "road trip" podcast in harrogate before the game

Anyway i was wondering what the clubs stand is on Podcasts and do these guys count as press (and do press have to pay?)

Because i think Harrogate Town should invite them to the game and allow them to do there podcast before the game at the stadium.... here are the reasons why:

Free publicity to a large audience for Harrogate Town as the media and fan friendly local club. If people are in Harrogate during the year they will think about coming to see us play rarther then just going to the town for the day

The Podcast is listened to by a massive amount of Sunderland supporters many of which are locally based in yorkshire (Sunderland have four supporters groups in yorkshire) these guys will talk about this game in the weeks before the match if they are doing a podcast here... I belive that we will get a boost in attendence of Sunderland fans which means more money for the club simply because people will here the build up to the game and Harrogate is a great place to come for the day Very Happy

Also these podcast guys who will come down will spend money on food and drink which otherwise wouldnt be coming to the game = More Money

Although the Wise Men Say podcast havent confirmed they are coming (we were chatting just a few hours ago) i said i would ask anyway simply because i wanted to see the clubs stance on this kind of thing?

Happy to answer any questions

Cheers

HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Wise Men Say Podcast Empty Re: Wise Men Say Podcast

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Tue May 21, 2013 11:02 pm

nztownfan wrote:

Anyway i was wondering what the clubs stand is on Podcasts and do these guys count as press (and do press have to pay?)

Basically no they are not (unless they hold a valid press license from the press association) and it is up to the club if the press pay (depends also on the competition as they all have their own rules)

Bit of a strange area to be honest!

Kind regards,

Peter

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed May 22, 2013 1:08 pm

It just makes common sense to allow it. The amount of positives that can be created for the club far outweighs the negatives. It's a no brainer for me. Just hope Irving sees the potential.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Wed May 22, 2013 7:34 pm

it just seems abit of fun too, i mean it is a pre season freindly and is good for both partys... allows them to add somthing different to the show (and also get sunderland fans who are at the game involved) and we get free publicity

also you dont know how much tickets will be do you Peter?? Sunderland Fans were asking and i assumed it was the normall £12??
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Thu May 23, 2013 9:38 pm

I have to assume the club is not wanting to take part... fair enough i suppose but i think it is a great opportunity, i would be more then willing to pass on information or contact details if the club doesnt want me part of anything... however please remember they have just done this weeks podcast and that was an opertunity for free advertising Wink

they can be found on Twitter

@WiseMenSay1973 and is run by @goldys_logic who is a free lance jurno
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sat May 25, 2013 11:55 am

Patience is a virtue affraid
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat May 25, 2013 12:06 pm

gedmaloney wrote:Patience is a virtue affraid

have to disagree with you there im afraid... With only a limited podcasts untill the match we are missing advertising space Wink

May i also ask if you have spoken to mr weaver senior about the meet and greet after the blackburn game? Very Happy If so what did he think?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:25 pm