Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
TheNeil29
gedmaloney
trevdee
JackHTFC
paulstreet
Dan_Gleebitz
HTAFC Press Officer
11 posters

Pitch Update from official sources

Pitch Update from official sources Empty Pitch Update from official sources

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 11:48 pm

"Hopefully with the good weather finally arriving, the pitch will have time to grow and be cut properly to allow a truly excellent surface to be ready for the 2014-2015 season"

I was hoping more for the 2013-2014 season myself !

Perhaps I should change my name to Slitter.

S.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Pitch Update from official sources Empty Re: Pitch Update from official sources

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Sun May 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Typo, but thank you for pointing it out.

Regards,

Peter
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed May 15, 2013 10:49 am

slicker wrote:"Hopefully with the good weather finally arriving, the pitch will have time to grow and be cut properly to allow a truly excellent surface to be ready..."

*Ahem*

Peter, have you looked out of the window?

You just HAD to say it didn't you........... Laughing
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed May 15, 2013 12:32 pm

Just as long as it doesn't rain for the next three months...not again PLEASE Shocked
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Wed May 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Anyone know about this terrace at the Hospital end?

Been meaning to go have a visit to see what's happening the last couple of days but haven't got round to it yet
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:58 pm

Pete, can we get an update on the pitch?
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:33 pm

trevdee wrote:Pete, can we get an update on the pitch?

Yeah - it's big and green!

Seriously however, leave it with me.

Regards,

Pete
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Cool cheers. I drive by most days on my way to work, seen a lot of action a few weeks ago but it all seems to have stopped, so I imagine finished.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:59 am

HTAFC Press Officer wrote:
    trevdee wrote:Pete, can we get an update on the pitch?

Yeah - it's big and green!

Seriously however, leave it with me.

Regards,

Pete

Well, just it being green is a good start when you compare it to last season!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:48 pm

[quote="trevdee"]Cool cheers. I drive by most days on my way to work, seen a lot of action a few weeks ago but it all seems to have stopped, so I imagine finished.[/quote

Just for information I was at the ground today and had the chance to speak with Jim - the weather has been kind to us this year and there is still plenty of work to do but optimism seems to be the order of the day so far but let's not tempt fate with the HArrogate micro climate sunny
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Good to hear.Ironically it probably needs a bit of rain now!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:49 pm

food for thought, you can tell which posters are the older generation on here by the use of the smiley faces and icons ha!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:50 pm

trevdee wrote:food for thought, you can tell which posters are the older generation on here by the use of the smiley faces and icons ha!

cheeky bugger!! affraid Very Happy Wink
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:07 am

I giess we will be OK, weather looks a bit more 'normal' this Summer. Presumably the new terracing etc. will not be in place for August, otherwise the contractors would have to have been in since May.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:17 pm

paulstreet wrote:I giess we will be OK, weather looks a bit more 'normal' this Summer. Presumably the new terracing etc. will not be in place for August, otherwise the contractors would have to have been in since May.

In all essence, i'm not surprised that work hasnt started, because although planning has been approved (i think). It is unknown how we are going to fare in the BSN this year.

In my opinion, my thought is that the club are waiting out to see if it can get a decent run in the FA Cup, like last year, which will provide the funding for the terracing to be improved.

Just my thought on the matter, but we shall wait and see, i suppose.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:35 pm

i gather we are waiting for FA funding for the new terracing
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:28 pm

I didnt know that the FA provided grants for new terracing?
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:45 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I didnt know that the FA provided grants for new terracing?
    It falls under the banner of Ground Improvements . 

Regards,

Peter
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:14 pm

You learn something new every day. I just hope its a good contribution from the FA.

But wouldnt there be a limit? as i'm sure we would have had to apply for funding for the pitch also?
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Please dont let the fa contractors mess up the stand like the pitch
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:19 pm

nztownfan wrote:Please dont let the fa contractors mess up the stand like the pitch

What by installing a leaky roof?? 

Anyway I have to say the pitch is looking fab!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:02 pm

looks like a lot of bare patches in the photos, still get some Growmore on it and it should be ok.

On another note can someone take that horrible music off the main website doing my head in:lol!:
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:32 am

rangerider wrote:looks like a lot of bare patches in the photos, still get some Growmore on it and it should be ok.

On another note can someone take that horrible music off the main website doing my head in:lol!:
    Sorry, the music comes with the videos!

You can mute it however by clicking on the video itself.

Regards,

Peter
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:39 am

sorry but soon as i click on the website it opens with that music then goes into the interview with Simon why? i just want to see the latest news not listen to that awfull dam music every time then go into the interview I HAVE SEEN IT
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:57 am

Must admit, the music turns me off big time .... Very 1970s .....a small blog on a quite superb web site

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:28 pm