Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
TheNeil29
gedmaloney
6 posters

Presentation Night x 2

gedmaloney

Presentation Night x 2 Empty Presentation Night x 2

Post by gedmaloney Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:33 pm

We are planning an informal presentation evening / night this Saturday 4th May - all supporters are welcome and the format will be as follows:

Players will arrive 5.30pm onwards. Supporters will have the opportunity to have a chat with their favourite player(s).
    We will be providing a light snack for the players and with a little bit of luck Hamil might lay on some nibbles for the supporters!

Irving will have a brief word, summarising the season and laying out his hopes for next season
    Simon will be interviewed by yours truly and this will lead into a Q&A session where supporters will have the opportunity to ask questions of their own.
    There will then be 3 presentations:

Players Player of the Year
    Supporters Player of the Year
    Clubman of the Year

It would be good to encourage as many supporters (families, adults children etc etc) as possible to come down and recognise all the players and staff for their contribution, and to give the players the chance to show their appreciation for the support you give them - there will also be a video of the seasons highlights on the big screen from 5.30pm.

Players are expected to leave at about 8pm to celebrate in Town.

If this wasn't enough, we are planning a second presentation evening where we will be presenting the Harrogate Town Supporters Club Player of the Year along with presentations to the Academy and u17 side. We are hoping that a former Premiership Player and International Footballer will be presenting the awards as well as discussing anedotes from his time in the game. Unfortunately we cannot give a date until later in the week because it looked like he would be involved in League 1 play offs until one of the most extraordinary finishes to a football match meant they were promoted as champs - I will keep you informed of progress and hope we can get a good turnout for this evening.
    Night night Shocked Basketball
    TheNeil29

Presentation Night x 2 Empty Re: Presentation Night x 2

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Right, who is going then? I am certainly going!! (my missus has no say so in this!!!)

Over the season, there has been praise and criticism of the players, staff and club in pretty equal measure from reading back over multiple feeds.

As forum members, this is now an excellent opportunity to attend the 1919 venue, speak to the players and staff and able to ask them the burning questions that have been on your minds over the season. I will certainly be asking multiple questions about certain matters, thats for sure.

Lets all get down there, congratulate the players and staff on what has been one of the most memorable seasons in quite a few years, have a few beers and have a good chat. Then whoever wants to, can lead the way to Harrogate for more drinking!

Ged: Its been noted that the players will be leaving to go into Harrogate at about 8pm. Why not just stay at the club and have a lock in?? Very Happy Very Happy

rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:26 pm

can we have some better seats than those awfull wibbly wobbly ones? i keep falling off them but it could be the drink lol!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 pm

I intend to be quite inebriated, so I'm blaming the seats!!

lol!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed May 01, 2013 2:03 pm

i might give this a go could be interesting Very Happy

(I'm so old i remember it took two of us to carry a Wagon Wheel out of the shop ) lol!

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon May 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Well, I attended on Saturday, and I felt sorry for the players and staff as the fan turnout was an absolute disgrace and it was absolutely shocking the numbers that attended. I was ashamed for the club staff and players after all the effort they have put in this season and the fan turnout they got?

On a more positive note, I got to spend some time with the players and staff at the club, and in town afterwards. What a cracking bunch they are. Everyone who I spoke to was very warm and welcoming, especially Mike Woods, Simon Weaver and Phil Lee. The positivity and passion about the club was evident to see. That made me extremely proud to be a supporter of the club.

I'm really looking forward to next season now!

Onwards and upwards.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon May 06, 2013 10:02 pm

i wondered why they was nothing on here about the night maybe if we had reach the playoffs instead of throwing it away at home and the poor results of the last ten games (relegation form) there might have been more there Neutral anyway with some quality signings next season maybe things will be different we can only hope
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon May 06, 2013 10:27 pm

I think been stuck with a 3 and 5 yr old is a good enough excuse.

So Neil did you ask whether Simon would show up on here again? also any transfer speculation? Is Bolder buggering off to his home town?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon May 06, 2013 10:36 pm

No. I didnt ask him about the translator alias. That's something we will never know. There was no speculation, and I didnt ask about bolder. The night was about celebrating what has been achieved. I talked about more positive things.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon May 06, 2013 10:39 pm

Oh it's a good job I didn't go then, would have lowered the tone after a jar or 10 (not in a negative way just putting a few of them on the spot)........Would be good to get confirmation on Bolder though
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue May 07, 2013 9:13 am

Well, I think if a lot more fans had attended, there would have been a lot more questions posed.

I'm safely assuming they will all find out this week if they are being retained, or not as the case may be.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue May 07, 2013 11:20 am

Like Neil, I was very disappointed with the fan turnout. Strange as it was a very good evening once the team turned up. Shame my wife and I had to go as our stomachs thought our throats had been cut (the Chinese we got went down VERY quickly).

Great to talk to some of the lads at the bar. Gives me a very good feeling for next season. But looking round at the presentation, there was some very interesting body language going on.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

body language? you will have to expand on that one
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu May 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Well as long as they don't bring in a Will Turl type player, great in the leagues below, played like a one legged donkey for us. Here is one - would you rather a proven striker from the leagues above but in his final years or an unproven unknown from the leagues below? Just putting it out there, I wouldn't be bothered either way if he banged the goals in.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu May 09, 2013 3:12 pm

why not both?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu May 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Thats true!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat May 11, 2013 11:37 am

We havn't really had much luck with strikers banging them in in lower leagues and then signing for us, after all Hardy fits that category. I guess its a gamble, sometimes it pays off. There may be interesting developments at Guiseley, will Kittrick stay, and if not will the new man bring in new players, and let some good ones go? What will happen if Halifax beat Brackley, Aspin may need to rebuild his squad for the Premier. And you never know, Damien Reeves may feel like a change from Alty Shocked Imagine Reeves and Ryan Kendall as our front men next season...
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat May 11, 2013 1:05 pm

[quote]Imagine Reeves and Ryan Kendall as our front men next season...

Your teasing me now Paul "stop it" lol!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon May 13, 2013 11:08 am

And I had it on good authority as well (my fevered imagination)! Sadly, the Non-League Paper tells us that Reeves has signed up for Alty again, so thats one fantasy gone to pot! Ryan Kendall still possible though...if only Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:21 am