Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Just want to say,,,,

trevdee
    trevdee

Just want to say,,,, Empty Just want to say,,,,

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Congratulations on a great season, Harrogate Town!!

After getting over the initial short fall and disappointment of not reaching the playoffs, we can't really do anything but congratulate the management and players of Harrogate Town. If someone had of said to me whilst sat at the Corby game on the last day of last season we would of finished 6th place plus had the great FA Cup run this season then I would have said "get away".

It has been a strange season with the pitch, slightly higher than usual expectations etc, but has seen its fair share of ups and downs, which I must admit has kept us fans on the edge of our seats, especially in the last few weeks. We may have grumbled about a few individual players in recent weeks, but to be fair, it is a squad game so I personally am congratulating them as a collective unit (even Knowles!).

I also want to say well done to everyone (past and present) involved with the supporters club. Just getting the club up and running was an achievement in itself, and I'm sure it will grow from strength to strength moving forward.

I'm just sat here raising my beer to a successful season!!! Onwards and upwards.

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Just want to say,,,, Empty Re: Just want to say,,,,

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:05 am

Have to agree. Yes, the last few weeks have been a bit disappointing (although good to finish with a win), but it has been a very succesful season: equal highest league finish (except when we finished 5th!), record breaking FA Cup run, on live TV, new pitch (which will be great), our manager seems to have 'come of age', and we have the nucleus of a good team to kick on next season.

Lets hope we can keep all the defence, Bolland, Woods and Bolder and Dean midfield, Larkin up front, maybe Forrest. What we need of course are at least one, probably two, quality strikers. They won't keep cheap, and there will be loads of competition, but a successful season depends on it. Chib and Beesley have done stirling work for us, but I don't think they are really the answer (hate to say it, I really like Chib!).
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Yes, fully agree, it really has been a great season for the club on and off the pitch!

I haven't been able to see as much games as I'd wanted to this season due to work but every game i've seen has been a distinct improvement from last season, especially Halifax away!!!
    The thing I really like to see is the cracking team spirit Simon seems to have created in the dressing room, every player is giving 100% and you can see their desire to succeed.

Yes, it's is a pity that we missed out on the play-offs as many people have been complaining about on here BUT If you'd have said to me at the start of the season we'd finish 6th I'd have snapped your hand off!

Great work from Simon, John, all the players and all the back room staff, been a great season all round!

I'm already looking forward to pre-season!
    Bring it on!
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Just want to say thankyou for all your efforts to Simon, Irving, the staff and all the players. Onwards! Come on Town!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:43 pm