Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Predictions League

BB

Predictions League Empty Predictions League

Post by BB Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:28 pm

Predictions League

And so, fellas and ladies (I guess you can’t say ‘guys and gals’ anymore), it comes down to the wire.

And, with 50 points up for grabs, in theory about 25 people have a chance of winning,

>>.I tried to insert a copy of this year's table here!!!!

Although we’ve been sweating over the stats all season, I would think that a quite a few will get the 10 bonus points for the top scorer, and possibly the attendance, and anyone in the top dozen or so places who has predicted the correct finishing place (20 points) will be in with a good shout…..

Last season the winner was decided by the bonus points……. I’d kept my nose in front for the last 10 matches, only to be pipped at the post by a certain Big L.

>>Copy of last season's table here!!!!!!!(grrrrrr!!!!)

Couple of other stats…last season there were 29 people who had made predictions in 38 or more matches. This season it looks like it will be 25.

Last season there were 9 people who had scored 130 or more (excluding bonus points) at the end of the season.

This year there are 16, with a match to go. So we are getting better at it…or the results are getting more predictable?

Anyway, thanks to the organiser (hope you keep it going next season).

Any readers of the forum would be welcome to take part I’m sure, it's good fun, and frustrating. Although you are sometimes susceptible to mixed feelings (cough, ..Tuesday’s pen!)

And good luck to all….except those b*****ds who have predicted a 6/7/8th finishing place!

Big Lundy

Predictions League Empty Re: Predictions League

Post by Big Lundy Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Congratulations BB
    Smile
    BB

Post by BB Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Many thanks Big L. I didn’t think I had much chance after yesterday’s result, and knowing I wasn’t going to get the points for the final position.

I’d prefer to think it was 4 points gained earlier in the season, rather than for the penalty miss which tipped it for me… once again it’s the bonus points which decides it!

And commiserations to Miabuts.. it was a close one.

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It will be in its 12th year next season!!!!
    If it continues!
    Could do with a link to the site form “The Official Site” or a possible “Supporters club site” to encourage a few more fans to have a go!
    It’s a bit of fun to do throughout the season & the “bonus points” mean you can miss doing the odd game & still have a chance of winning!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:55 am