Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
trevdee
V'
TheNeil29
Innocent Bystander
8 posters

Guiseley Celebration

Innocent Bystander

Guiseley Celebration Empty Guiseley Celebration

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Hope lots of people get down to the CNG paddock tomorrow night - a chance to say well done to the players for their incredible efforts this season - so many memories - and this despite the challenges, frustrations and energy-sapping effects of the many postponements. I am travelling up for the game from Windsor, hope to catch one or two in the bar for a well earned drink
    TheNeil29

Guiseley Celebration Empty Re: Guiseley Celebration

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:16 pm

I will be attending the game tonight. Hopefully a decent crowd will attend (500ish). But Barca and Bayern are playing tonight i think? That will make some people stay at home.
    V'
    V'

Post by V' Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:16 pm

So maybe you will get 498!!!!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:54 am

414 was the attendance in the end.

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:05 am

I was very pleased with the performance last night. In the first half, we absolutely dominated them, bossed them and didnt give them much at all. I cant really single any particular player for criticism, as they all performed last night.

The only shame was the referee, and the linesmen. Some of the decisions last night were absolutely diabolical, to the point of just being downright astounding.

Their GK wasn't the best, but on 1-2-1s, he was unbeatable. We had so many chances, but just couldnt put the ball in the net, and it was all summed up when Woods missed the penalty that would have got us a point.

Guiseley did not play well at all last night, and didnt turn up the first half, but what the difference was is that they have got an out and out number 10 in James Walshaw, who scored both of their goals last night. I think if we are going to kick on from this season, this position should be a priority signing.

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:50 am

I couldn't get there last night as was travelling back from London...Sounds like we played well, shame about the penalty miss...I bet the pitch looked good!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:51 am

Didn't go in the end (laziness), so can't comment really. But based on reports and the commentary we did play well, but missed loads of chances. The message for next season is pretty obvious I guess!
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    It’s been a tough league this season!
    It’s going to be an even tougher league next season!
    For the 1st time in years we have competed with the stronger sides in the league!
    Moaning about missing out on the play-offs just shows how much we have improved on the pitch this season!

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:41 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I was very pleased with the performance last night. In the first half, we absolutely dominated them, bossed them and didnt give them much at all. I cant really single any particular player for criticism, as they all performed last night.

The only shame was the referee, and the linesmen. Some of the decisions last night were absolutely diabolical, to the point of just being downright astounding.

Their GK wasn't the best, but on 1-2-1s, he was unbeatable. We had so many chances, but just couldnt put the ball in the net, and it was all summed up when Woods missed the penalty that would have got us a point.

Guiseley did not play well at all last night, and didnt turn up the first half, but what the difference was is that they have got an out and out number 10 in James Walshaw, who scored both of their goals last night. I think if we are going to kick on from this season, this position should be a priority signing.

Without doubt the most important position to fill - didn't help me leaving at half time - I accept full responsibility affraid

Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:30 am

TheNeil29 wrote:I was very pleased with the performance last night. In the first half, we absolutely dominated them, bossed them and didnt give them much at all. I cant really single any particular player for criticism, as they all performed last night.

I'm not sure where my comments of yesterday went. It's a bit chaotic here to say the least so I probably clicked off without posting them. Bah Mad

Broadly agree with Neil's summing up, but I thought the match very even in both halves. After we went in 1-0 up, I expected them to be all over us second half but it didn't happen. Their equaliser was an outstanding bit of striking, but we did seem to have problems clearing the ball from quite a few corners. Likewise we also seem to be unable to cushion the ball to control it. Far too many times,the ball bounced off of a leg or a foot rather than being collected. In both of these "traits", it's impossible to single out any individual player as it affects virtually everybody. Something to work on I feel

But overall we certainly gave a good account of ourselves - but why is it that we have seen more than our fair share of poor officials? Don't the lower leagues play to the same rules as the upper echelons?

Michael Woods is an enigma. He quite obviously has a lot of skill. He really looked up for it on Tuesday and showed very little of the tiredness that I think I've noticed. But the finishing needs serious work. Why when he was through and everyone expected him to take a pot did he square it? Dean certainly wasn't expecting it.

Guiseley's keeper was poor. But we helped him a lot. Twice Woods broke through and once it was Samuels - in all cases it was a 1 on 1 and the Keeper went down too early. And in all cases we shot straight at him along the ground.

I was surprised that Bolland didn't get MOM. Thought that he had a very good game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:49 pm