Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Adam Boyes

Up The Town
    Up The Town

Adam Boyes Empty Adam Boyes

Post by Up The Town Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:56 pm

Adam Boyes leaving Barrow. Might be worth looking to buy next season
    htown

Adam Boyes Empty Re: Adam Boyes

Post by htown Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Do you know why he left Barrow?
    Up The Town
    Up The Town

Post by Up The Town Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Dave Bayliss
    Related Links
    Teams Barrow
    Boyes Dismisses Bayliss 'Mercenary' Jibe
    Outgoing Barrow AFC striker Adam Boyes has rejected manager Dave Bayliss recent 'mercenary' remarks as a "load of rubbish".

Bayliss hit out at a number of his 'money-grabbing' players in the wake of their 2-1 defeat Cambridge United, which sealed their relegation from the Blue Square Bet Premier.

The Bluebirds boss felt let down by the unnamed offenders and suggested they 'lacked aggression, passion and heart' during a taxing campaign.

However, Boyes responded to the claims by telling the North-West Evening Mail: "I think that's a load of rubbish to be honest. To be fair, you don't get enough money here to be mercenaries.

"You can't say the lads haven't given effort, I just don't think we've been good enough. It's not been good enough at the club all-round, so you can't really blame anyone in particular.

"Obviously, the lads weren't happy and a few of the older lads took offence as if it was aimed at them, more than the younger lads. It didn't really affect me, but a few of the lads are quite hacked off about it."

The 22-year-old made his final appearance for the club on Saturday in a 1-0 defeat at home to Braintree Town as he departs as their top goalscorer for a second successive season having netted 18 times in 53 outings.

Boyes has been linked with Gateshead and Hereford but insists he has had no contact from either club, while hinting he might have considered staying at Holker Street had Bayliss' side avoided the drop.

He said: "I think Gateshead are interested, but I haven't signed anything and I haven't even discussed any terms with any club. My focus has been on Barrow and it still was after Saturday's game.

"I've just heard the rumours about Gateshead and Hereford, and that's it. I haven't had any contact myself.

"I think I can play at this level, and I've loved it here, so obviously if we'd have stayed up it could have been a completely different story."

This is the article from thr Blue Square Bet site
    htown

Post by htown Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Thanks for that. 18 goals at Conference level would be a great signing, especially as he has not spoken with any clubs. Would imagine he would want to stay in the prem though but with the right money and persuasion i've seen stranger signings happen.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:00 pm

don't get your hopes up
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:14 am

It will be interesting to see who Halifax, Guiseley and BPA release this season, could be another Dave Merris to sign: great if Marshall came back. If Guiseley get promoted they will presumably need to 'strenghen' the squad and might let a few decent lads go. If North Ferriby miss out in the Evo-Stik, what about Ryan Kendall? He will certainly be in demand.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Adam Boyes would be a very good signing, but I dont think we can pay him what he wants in all reality, the same as with Damien Reeves.

I'd like to see Marshall back at Wetherby Road, but he seems to be a regular at BPA. I also dont think Ryan Kendall would leave North Ferriby as he is banging in the goals there, and North Ferriby could afford to pay him a bit more.

I am very interested in the Gainsborough situation. I personally would like to see Dominic Roma back. Him as a first choice right back and Samuels right wing. That would be a cracking right side pairing. Phil Marsh would be an immense singing also.

Pre-season will be interesting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:58 pm