Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+8
HTAFC Press Officer
Superfan100
trevdee
Martin L
CCOB
paulstreet
Hovis
Big Lundy
12 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Oxford City

Big Lundy

TOWN on TOUR! Oxford City Empty TOWN on TOUR! Oxford City

Post by Big Lundy Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Hovis

TOWN on TOUR! Oxford City Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Oxford City

Post by Hovis Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:28 am

Cheers for the info Big Lundy . Hoping for a nice warm afternoon at last and a wander around Oxford before the game , the place reminds me of Harrogate !

Hoping to see a few down from Town for this one . if we win its still on !!!

bounce
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:50 am

Had been thinking about another 'mini break' for this one, I love Oxford! But it would have been a bit expensive for an overnight, so I'll be straining my ears trying to pick up Rob's commentary on Radio York: I'd rather have been strolling around the 'dreaming spires'!
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:47 pm

Half Time: Oxford City 0-0 Town
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Forrest on for Beesley
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Clayton on for Elam
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Bolland on for Chilaka
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Full Time 0-0
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:55 pm

nil nil full time
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Can't see us catching 5th spot now with our run in vs Altys run in. Anyway to put a positive spin on things at least next season we will be watching a playoff contender rather than watching our team struggle with the ups and downs of the conference.

Superfan100

Post by Superfan100 Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:45 pm

Thought we played pretty well today should have got 3 points IMO. As an aside thought we signed 4 players why are t they all listed on the first team list on the website as think we are missing a player or is it just me? C'mon Town!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Did Nowakowski play? chibs right mid?
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:58 pm

adam played
    Superfan100

Post by Superfan100 Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Yes Nowakowski played did okay. Just worked out that its the young lad metcalf who hasn't been added to the squad
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Superfan100 wrote:Yes Nowakowski played did okay. Just worked out that its the young lad metcalf who hasn't been added to the squad

Look again, he has just been added.

Kind regards,

Peter
    Superfan100

Post by Superfan100 Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:39 pm

I think I need to go to spec savers going blind in my old age!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:34 pm

everyone around us won we drew, what do you expect with our strikers Mad we have the worst strikers of all the top 7 teams whose fault is that i can give you three guesses
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:45 pm

Well I wouldn't even blame it on our strike force, as I still believe we have a better strike force than most teams in this league. The reason why we wont be in the playoffs is purely down to team selection, players playing out of position and a lack of discipline here and there (I wont bother mentioning the departure of Knowles). And yes we have had a very good season, both league and FA Cup run but it could have been so much better.

I'm not going to rant at individual players..I have given Adam a lot of stick recently but it isn't his fault he has been allowed by Simon to believe he is good in a CM (I do think he could be nurtured into a good center back) at this level and likewise for some other fringe players. I think Simon should free his mind up for the remaining games, forget this silly stance of always wanting to play his special buddies, purely use it as an exercise to determine who will stay and who will go, maybe throw some kids on, perhaps give Nowakowski some time with the kit man to learn the ropes behind the scenes.

Also I just prey that we retain Bolder for next season! I'm actually looking forward to pre-season now, will be interesting to see what ambition we have for next season.
    harrogateman

Post by harrogateman Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Rangerider how on earth do you work out its our strikers fault. You certainly not using stats for goals on time played. Not gonna critise any of our players as i dont believe in it.
    Trev everyone goes on mentioning departure of Dom and Tom Platt. Both are fine players for sure and i feel Dom could possibly play at higher level than conf northand Tom already has. However Doms scoring as fine as it was, is or was no better than the strikers we have now if u take the converted pens away.
    We go on about our rivals winning as we draw but the bitter disapppointment of disappointments has to be the Droylsden game at home. Since Christmas they get beat five six or worse almost every week. We got a fortunate 1-1 draw. Dunno who was playing up front that night and dont now care but it was a disaster dropping two points to a side so hopelessly out of form before and after that game. CXheck their results out they are truly woeful apart from that one game away to us.
    We gotta get behind our team who are playing 3 times a week and trying their socks off. Looks like we may just come up short for the play offs but with a decent cup run and the pitch not helping i feel a good season for Weaver and his boys. We need at least 4 wins unlikely yes but the team will give it a go how about the fans do the same? This is easily the best season since we looked like running away with the league only to falter late on so keep the faith!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:29 pm

harrogateman wrote:We go on about our rivals winning as we draw but the bitter disapppointment of disappointments has to be the Droylsden game at home. Since Christmas they get beat five six or worse almost every week. We got a fortunate 1-1 draw. Dunno who was playing up front that night and dont now care but it was a disaster dropping two points to a side so hopelessly out of form before and after that game.

This is exactly why I write what I do about Nowakowski, it is complete bitter disappointment o the situation and my opinion of where it has gone wrong.....During that handful of home games where we have failed to win including the Droylsdon game his lack of ability to retain possession, pass or even defend with pace meant other players around him had to drop their game plan and try to make up for his short fall, he plays at such a crucial part of the pitch where this shortfall has such a huge impact and that is why we find ourselves pinned back for huge sections of games now.. It has even got to a point where certain players like Samuels have lost faith and would rather kick long than play a short pass to him.I am not blaming him in the slightest, he mainly gives 100%, but there is a manager and an assistant manager who will have shared my observations, however failed to act on it.. There is no way a 10 man team can play 3 games a week and win them all (especially when certain players get sent off).

Anyway what's done is done, i'm sure I sound boring droning on about it, I can actually book a holiday now for when the playoffs are scheduled.....There is no point going on about Knowles and Platt like you say, lets get the season wrapped up, celebrate the successes of this season and all regroup for next season.
    htown

Post by htown Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Harrogateman are you a player? Management? Offical?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:49 pm

Here is a fact - Weaver keeps things the same when it is going wrong yet changes things when it is going right.............Next season reversing that thought process may help a wee bit.
    harrogateman

Post by harrogateman Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:10 am

htown - a player! not at my age. None of the above. why on earth would you ask/think that. Maybe because i have a little more positivity about town. Maybe i am on the wrong site to air such views. We nearly got Middlesboro in the cup and are 7th in the league. proud to be behind team and manager.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:14 am

If we all had the same opinions it would be a pretty boring read
    harrogateman

Post by harrogateman Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:18 am

yeah u r right trev. But supporting the team seems to be a crime on here. Getting cheesed off with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:59 pm