Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
shaymenfan
sulphurite
6 posters

Town 0 Solihull 1

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Town 0 Solihull 1 Empty Town 0 Solihull 1

Post by sulphurite Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Can't remember the last time we started a season so low in the league, we really do need to improve and I'm sure Simon will have his plans. Never the less, still a dissapointing result and a slightly lacklustre performance, but someone had to break Solihull's duck and we where the unfortunate ones to do so.

Anyway back to the old clichés "there's plenty more points to play for" etc. and hopefully we will have a run of good luck.

I would like to see a lot more communication between the players, certainly in the second half they were really quiet and lacked the "Fizz" of previous games.
    shaymenfan

Town 0 Solihull 1 Empty Re: Town 0 Solihull 1

Post by shaymenfan Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:16 pm

unlucky lads, 2-0 win for halifax with deano and 'scooby' marshall on target
    Geoff

Post by Geoff Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:18 pm

Town were pathetic today from start to finish
    What a waste of £11 and 2 hours of my life
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:31 pm

shaymenfan wrote:unlucky lads, 2-0 win for halifax with deano and 'scooby' marshall on target

We played particularly bad today, seemed to me that we only came to life after Solihull scored.

Anyway, most people think you will walk the league, me included, but there is one thing that you have to factor into this equation and that's Neil's ability to do well at the start of the season and end up finishing 6th Laughing

Will be interesting watching your progress, good luck.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:25 pm

very poor performance today the only 3 players that stood out for me are Leon Scott who i thought had a great game never beaten all game, Matt Bloomer who has looked solid in every game so far and Zeph Thomas who i thought came on and made a bit of a diffference AND HAD A SHOT!!!!!! Shocked

The worrying thing for me is that we looked better when weaver went up front for the last 10 minutes Embarassed I think we really need a big guy up front someone in the mould of marc smith or leo fortune-west
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:22 pm

shaymenfan wrote:unlucky lads, 2-0 win for halifax with deano and 'scooby' marshall on target

Remind me again, what level are you playing at.
    Surely you are not in the same league as Railway.
    gusgus

Post by gusgus Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:39 am

I am sorry to say but i really wasted a very long trip to see Town on saturday. I just feel that we have a team of players from lower league that i feel can not reach the level of football needed for this league. Th team just did not look bothered, and it was if alot of them turned up with the view, if ok i am getting paid so it doesn't matter !. I will be trying to get to a few more games, but honestly disappointed with the team, management and also the lack of support, just under 300,ummmm....postive press needed but we are not going to get that whilst we are losing.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:47 pm

gusgus wrote:I am sorry to say but i really wasted a very long trip to see Town on saturday. I just feel that we have a team of players from lower league that i feel can not reach the level of football needed for this league. Th team just did not look bothered, and it was if alot of them turned up with the view, if ok i am getting paid so it doesn't matter !. I will be trying to get to a few more games, but honestly disappointed with the team, management and also the lack of support, just under 300,ummmm....postive press needed but we are not going to get that whilst we are losing.

When do we ever get 'positive press' from our local paper?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:33 pm