Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Released Players

Innocent Bystander

Released Players Empty Released Players

Post by Innocent Bystander Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:26 am

Sunderland release five including an ex Town player
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Must be a busy time for the Town management as they keep the play off push going but also keep up to speed with player moves / releases / availability
    Plus everything else that is happening off the pitch with the Academy / ground development
    Fantastic!
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Released Players Empty Re: Released Players

Post by nztownfan Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:20 pm

As a Sunderland fan myself I should happily take,one or two of them..

if we can get Ryan noble in we are into a winner...amazing in reserve football but couldn't cut it in the league if he finds he level he will be prolific

Adam reed is a Cm who whould take noz's place quite Nicly and be one of our best players

Ben Wilson reminds me of cookie it was something I have been saying for awhile.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:05 am

I think we would do really well to get a couple of these players in for next season, but I think when it comes to these boys, they will stay in the professional game in a lower league.

One thing I am excited about for next season is the amount of quality players that will be on the official released lists, who will see that Harrogate Town FC are a club on the up, and will want to come and play for us. The way Simon manages to convince people to sign for the club, I have total faith in his ability to sign a few players that will definitely make a statement to the respective league we are in next season, to sit up and take notice.

If we dont go up this season, next season will be our season, and that is when we are going to see the improvements in attendance and fanbase.

We will be a force to be reckoned with. Most of the BSN Clubs recognise that already.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:16 pm

I think a sense of perspective is needed here. Whatever your views about Weaver's ability as manager, I don't believe for one minute that a whole host of players are signing for Harrogate on the basis of Simon personally persuading them to do so(Mourinho or Ferguson he clearly ain't). At this level there's no getting away from the fact that the biggest factor is money, Paul Brayson perhaps the best example of this.

For instance, under Aspin, it would have been easy to make the case about his incredible ability to persuade Darren Dunning to sign for town. However, the simple truth was that no longer playing full time suited him as he was able to fit playing football for town around other work commitments. Factor in location and that's all there is to it.

Town die hards will remember a forward by the name of Robson (forgotten his first name but often played upfront with Pemberton) and the reason he didn't sign on for a subsequent season was due to the fact that one of the other players in the team used to give him a lift from his hometown in the north east, but due to the other player moving clubs this arrangement came to an end, particularly as Robson himself hadn't learnt to drive.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:34 pm

I do agree with your view here, despite our differences previously, but Sir Alex Ferguson started at East Stirling, and he is in charge of Manchester United. Mourinho started in charge of UD Leiria, and he is now in charge of Real Madrid. Mourinho is 50ish and SAF is in his 70s) Weaver is still in his mid 30s, with a long career ahead of him. It is true that he has been helped considerable by his father coming on board, but we cant fault him for that.

When it comes to the players we attract, I fully believe that money is a big factor also. Roma left town as Gainsborough made him an offer he couldnt refuse, and I believe that we are probably spending decent money on the likes of Knowles, Woods, Larkin and Bolder to name a few.

All I can really say is that I fully concur with your views here, but we are having our best season in the last 4/5 years. We should enjoy it, because I truly believe that big things are going to happen at Harrogate.

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:35 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I do agree with your view here, despite our differences previously, but Sir Alex Ferguson started at East Stirling, and he is in charge of Manchester United. Mourinho started in charge of UD Leiria, and he is now in charge of Real Madrid. Mourinho is 50ish and SAF is in his 70s) Weaver is still in his mid 30s, with a long career ahead of him. It is true that he has been helped considerable by his father coming on board, but we cant fault him for that.

When it comes to the players we attract, I fully believe that money is a big factor also. Roma left town as Gainsborough made him an offer he couldnt refuse, and I believe that we are probably spending decent money on the likes of Knowles, Woods, Larkin and Bolder to name a few.

All I can really say is that I fully concur with your views here, but we are having our best season in the last 4/5 years. We should enjoy it, because I truly believe that big things are going to happen at Harrogate, and I believe that players will see this, and want to be a part of it.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:51 pm

nztownfan wrote:As a Sunderland fan myself I should happily take,one or two of them..

if we can get Ryan noble in we are into a winner...amazing in reserve football but couldn't cut it in the league if he finds he level he will be prolific

Adam reed is a Cm who whould take noz's place quite Nicly and be one of our best players

Ben Wilson reminds me of cookie it was something I have been saying for awhile.

I think i'm right in saying that Ben Wilson played a couple of games on loan for us.

Cook is a tremedous talent - would love to see him back at the club.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:29 pm

I think Cook would be a good replacement for McGillivray, because in all honesty, he wont be here come the start of next season. He will be plying his trade higher up the football ladder.

Maybe somebody with morw knowledge of the club would be better placed to advise on Ben Wilson, but on the look of it, I would be happy with either as Craig's replacement.
    Grantman

Post by Grantman Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Hasn't Cook signed for Blyth? Would he be on a contract at that level - would he want to come back?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:57 pm

Have you got a link for that Grantman?
    Grantman

Post by Grantman Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Try this one Geezer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:33 pm

On coookie i thnk he played for them at the weekend as Grantman stated Smile
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:37 pm

re-read the artical... i didnt realise Anthony Callaghan had been released... easily my favorite youth development player in a long while, thought he whould be sunderlands LB of the future, if dwayne was to go and we had some money on wages to spend....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:24 am