Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
trevdee
Ball and Socket
rangerider
7 posters

Youhill on loan to North Ferriby

rangerider
    rangerider

Youhill on loan to North Ferriby Empty Youhill on loan to North Ferriby

Post by rangerider Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Ball and Socket

Youhill on loan to North Ferriby Empty Re: Youhill on loan to North Ferriby

Post by Ball and Socket Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Good luck to Robbie. Hope he gets run of games. Fellow forum contributors can you please stop using language that is inappropriate. My son and other younger supporters come in here and get set a bad example!!
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Good luck to Robbie. Hope he gets run of games. Fellow forum contributors can you please stop using language that is inappropriate. My son and other younger supporters come in here and get set a bad example!!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:43 pm

I'm sure he will do well, better he gets games elsewhere than sit on the bench at best here.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Ball and Socket wrote:Good luck to Robbie. Hope he gets run of games. Fellow forum contributors can you please stop using language that is inappropriate. My son and other younger supporters come in here and get set a bad example!!

Hear hear ball and socket. Perhaps the moderators on here should enroll on one of Dan's spelling and grammar courses - it may help them establish what inappropriate language is!

Regarding Robbie, constantly sending him out on loan will do nothing for his confidence. Robbie is a natural wide player and should be retained.

Best wishes,

Bart Simpson!

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:21 am

town supporter wrote:
    Ball and Socket wrote:Good luck to Robbie. Hope he gets run of games. Fellow forum contributors can you please stop using language that is inappropriate. My son and other younger supporters come in here and get set a bad example!!

Hear hear ball and socket. Perhaps the moderators on here should enroll on one of Dan's spelling and grammar courses - it may help them establish what inappropriate language is!

Regarding Robbie, constantly sending him out on loan will do nothing for his confidence. Robbie is a natural wide player and should be retained.

Best wishes,

Bart Simpson!

At least we know from a recent post you can spell sh*te correctly.

S.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:50 am

slicker wrote:
    town supporter wrote:

Best wishes,

Bart Simpson!

At least we know from a recent post you can spell sh*te correctly.

S.

Must have been a moment of weakness, slicker, I'm usually pretty good. Apologies.

Well spotted though,

Bart x
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:51 am

I would like to know Sliker the type of language you regard as appropriate? You have gone very quiet Fed Maloney. Any comment? On a more tasteful topic many happy returns for yesterday Irving. It was our Chairmans birthday. Hope the team can give him 3 points today at Corby. I'm in Glasgow for the St Mirren v Hearts Cup Final at Hampden Park on Sunday. Saw Stuart McCalls Motherwell team take Hibs apart in,the second half scoring 4 goals to win 4_1. COME ON TOWN!!!!!

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:01 am

Ball and Socket wrote:I would like to know Sliker the type of language you regard as appropriate? You have gone very quiet Fed Maloney. Any comment? On a more tasteful topic many happy returns for yesterday Irving. It was our Chairmans birthday. Hope the team can give him 3 points today at Corby. I'm in Glasgow for the St Mirren v Hearts Cup Final at Hampden Park on Sunday. Saw Stuart McCalls Motherwell team take Hibs apart in,the second half scoring 4 goals to win 4_1. COME ON TOWN!!!!!

I think you must have misread my post. Please see Bart's reply.

I will forgive him his moment of weakness as we all have them. Bad driving, a hammer on the thumb or Chib playing out wide are normally mine. In general my view is that foul language is used in the main by those who cannot express themselves inspite of the reasonable selection of alternatives available in the Oxford English Dictionary. Spell Check is also a pain in the arts.

That said, there are some occasions when only a good **** will do.

Thank goodness the Halifax twit (spell check corrected) has slipped back into his rock pool. I was beginning to think we had come across conclusive evidence that Darwin was in fact wrong, and that a species can in fact regress.

Can't wait for his next pearl of wisdom, but can guarantee it won't have been proof read by the Poet Laureate.

Best wishes to Bart, I love him really.

S.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:32 pm

slicker wrote:
    Ball and Socket wrote:I would like to know Sliker the type of language you regard as appropriate? You have gone very quiet Fed Maloney. Any comment? On a more tasteful topic many happy returns for yesterday Irving. It was our Chairmans birthday. Hope the team can give him 3 points today at Corby. I'm in Glasgow for the St Mirren v Hearts Cup Final at Hampden Park on Sunday. Saw Stuart McCalls Motherwell team take Hibs apart in,the second half scoring 4 goals to win 4_1. COME ON TOWN!!!!!

I think you must have misread my post. Please see Bart's reply.

I will forgive him his moment of weakness as we all have them. Bad driving, a hammer on the thumb or Chib playing out wide are normally mine. In general my view is that foul language is used in the main by those who cannot express themselves inspite of the reasonable selection of alternatives available in the Oxford English Dictionary. Spell Check is also a pain in the arts.

That said, there are some occasions when only a good **** will do.

Thank goodness the Halifax twit (spell check corrected) has slipped back into his rock pool. I was beginning to think we had come across conclusive evidence that Darwin was in fact wrong, and that a species can in fact regress.

Can't wait for his next pearl of wisdom, but can guarantee it won't have been proof read by the Poet Laureate.

Best wishes to Bart, I love him really.

S.

I know you do Slicker, its hard not too isn't it? Regarding foul and abusive language there are others on here that need to take a good look in the mirror, its not just opposition fans. Interesting how the moderators on here have all of a sudden gone very quiet as has federal (ball and sockets words) maloney.

Anyway, happy birthday Irving,

Bart
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Whilst not a moderator I have a fairly simple view on this - no one posting on hear should use foul or abusive language and the benchmark I use is "would I use this language in front of my wife or children" - if the answer is no then I would not use it on the forum. This also applies to abusive comments made to anyone - simple philosophy, if you have an issue with someone have the guts to discuss it with them face to face. Hope this helps. Sincerely, Fed Maloney affraid
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:34 am

Thanks Ged. Appreciate your reply., I've had a brill time in Glasgow. Saw my good friends team St Mitten win yesterday at Hampden Park and my team Motherwell beat Hibs 4_1 on Frida. Big game at Bishop Stortford on Tues. Come on town.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:56 pm

town supporter wrote:

Best wishes,

Bart Simpson!

Unfortunately BS, I do have to agree and disagree with this. Robbie Youhill is a cracking player, with a lot of talent and ability, however, as much as we both have the opinion that he should remain at the club, it is right that he has gone out on loan if he isn't getting enough minutes on the pitch. North Ferriby United are a very good outfit, and he will be settled there. I just hope that when he returns from this loan spell, that he will be a fixture in the first team, but I do get the impression that he will be released by Town come the end of the season.

If that does turn out to be the case, and he is reelased, it will be a bit of a shame, but thats the way it goes in non-league football, i guess. Simon will have something up his sleeve, that's for sure.

Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:32 pm

I'm already excited about pre season and the 2013 campaign hasn't finished yet!
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:07 pm

You bet IB. Pre season bofore our very first match in the CONFERENCE???/
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:14 pm

You sum up the Youhill situation well TN29. It would be ironic if Robbie ever returns to Wetherby Rd and scores the winner against us!!
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:24 pm

A Conference team for a Conference town .........a bit like playing Noah in the school play, the memories come flooding back
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:20 am

Talking about North Ferriby I hope the Weavers are keeping a close eye on Ryan Kendall for next season, scores goals for fun. especially if Dom Knowles leaves us for higher things. Wonder if Larkin was signed with next season in mind as well?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:54 pm

gedmaloney wrote:

Whilst not a moderator I have a fairly simple view on this - no one posting on hear should use foul or abusive language and the benchmark I use is "would I use this language in front of my wife or children" - if the answer is no then I would not use it on the forum. This also applies to abusive comments made to anyone - simple philosophy, if you have an issue with someone have the guts to discuss it with them face to face. Hope this helps. Sincerely, Fed Maloney affraid

Never had a problem expressing my views in person, Fed (sorry, Ged!) although during one game when telling Paul brayson he may want to think about offering up some movement before he opted to criticise teammates I was told in no uncertain terms to f*ck off. I was quite proud of that one! I must say, when I offered a few thoughts to Simon Weaver post match he was more than willing to listen to my views as well setting out his own plans, etc, which I must say, said a lot about the guy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:23 am