Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Tired, Tired, Tired

Ball and Socket

Tired, Tired, Tired Empty Tired, Tired, Tired

Post by Ball and Socket Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm surprised that no one has brought up the impact of the amount of games we have been playing recently. It was evident that several of our players were not functioning at their best. This can be put down to their form dropping or more than likely exhaustion. Both our full backs had quieter games and Dwayne in particular had a winger who could catch pidgeons!! Both their goals were breakaways and caught us short at the back. No closing down for the shot from the edge of the box and no picking up on their second goal. I know who I would give the 'Ball Watching Award' to!! Our full backs must be knackered because they very rarely if ever get 'rested' or subbed. Why was White not playing last night? We all thought his suspension was over. after they went 2-1 up it was basically shut-up shop time. Their keeper earned his corn last night, kept them in it and had a great game. The subs had little or no impact because they were chasing long balls, particularly Youhill, give it to his FEET!! Colwyn Bay packed their half and made it extremely difficult for us to break through. We were unlucky not to snatch an equaliser at the end but the post came to their help. Chib was poor and he won't need telling.Bolder, Adam N and Woods just semmed to get bogged down in a packed midfield but we still created enough chances to win. Lets take it to Halifax because they will certainly get about us tomorrow night. COME ON TOWN. Stay Cool. Cool Cool Cool
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Tired, Tired, Tired Empty Re: Tired, Tired, Tired

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Not disagreeing with you B&S, but I believe that the tiredness was manifested more in slow "brain power".

In general, we seemed to be slow to decide what to do with the ball once we'd got it. A lot of players seemed to be taking a longer time than usual to release the thing or move with it, leading to them being caught out.

I reckon though that we're just trying to lull Hafilaxatives into a false sense of security before shoving 6 past them at the Shay Twisted Evil
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:44 pm

I think Bolland in his programmee notes made the point that players would always rather be playing than training, but I take B and S's point about tiredness. We have been very lucky with injuries this season (no major player has suffered serious injury that I can recall). We don't really have any reserve full backs do we? Dwayne and Mezza more or less HAVE to play every game, tough on them, especially at the moment, with games every 3 days or s. We really only have Matt as a defender who can fit in to various defensive positions. Still, as the cliche has it, when the going gets tough....you know the rest!
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:47 pm

I think we would be happy with a 1-0 win at Halifax in the 90th min!!
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:52 pm

Another issue with fatique DG is that not only is your body less able your mind takes more time to fuction. Ask Phil Lee the club's Sports Psychologist what he thinks about tiredness and how it affects performance in sport. Having been a PE teacher, football ref, played football for many years and run 18 marathons and 25 half marathons as well as ALL the training I know what trick the mind can play when the 'gas in the tank' is getting low.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Yes, I would take that now and possibly sell my soul to the devil to get it (plus a win against Chester and a decent bottle of malt whisky!).
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Gainsborough have Guisley & Chester at home on 23/30 Mar and Harrogate Town away on Mon 1st April. With a bit of luck they will lose the lot!! I unfortunately have a sunbed waiting for me in Tenerife so will miss the Gainsborough match. However, I fully expect to see us firmly placed in a play-off position on my return. I'm a Drambuie man Mr Street but I will be happy to share a large glass of malt when we finally know we have earned a play-off position!! HAPPY DAYS

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:26 am