Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Mark Cook

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Mark Cook  Empty Mark Cook

Post by JackHTFC Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:48 am

He's back from Peru! And looking for a new club if anyone needs a reminder,
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

His Twitter (https://twitter.com/markcook88) bio says that he's looking for a new club.

Would you have him back? Is he better than Craig? Or should he be looking for a move to a football league club?

IMO, he's of football league quality.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Mark Cook  Empty Re: Mark Cook

Post by nztownfan Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:35 am

i think conference team will take im... if not im sure one of our rivals will pick him up... i dont think we have any need for him tbh

Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:20 pm

Well there's a dilemma. Mark Cook or Craig MacGillivray?

In my opinion you can't get a cigarette paper between them from what I've seen. But Mark has been away in Peru and you would hope that he has developed from what we had. However, is what we've got at the moment any good? Yes, of course it is(Craig is his name Laughing )

But I think you are right, Mark should be looking for a league club, just as Craig will (I expect) in a few years time. Therefore I'd maintain the status quo, can't see any logical reason to change.

EDIT - Here's an interview - Peru's this

Last edited by Dan_Gleebitz on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link)
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:07 pm

I always thought Mark's kicking was a bit dodgy so Craig wins it for me. Plus Craig has shown he is prepared to work hard and develop further (when he first joined I thought he was a little slow off the line, but he isn't anymore)

Both fantastic shot stoppers, perhaps Mark could sit on the bench ha!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:08 pm

I always thought Mark's kicking was a bit dodgy so Craig wins it for me. Plus Craig has shown he is prepared to work hard and develop further (when he first joined I thought he was a little slow off the line, but he isn't anymore)

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Yorktownie

Post by Yorktownie Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:49 pm

Cook wins it for me, if I remember when he left he made sure we 'as a club' could benefit from the transfer. He earned us soooo many points over his time with us and hopefully his 'reputation' could potentially bring in a few more fans. We should snap him up with the potential of another future sale in mind.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:56 am

Yorktownie wrote:Cook wins it for me, if I remember when he left he made sure we 'as a club' could benefit from the transfer. He earned us soooo many points over his time with us and hopefully his 'reputation' could potentially bring in a few more fans. We should snap him up with the potential of another future sale in mind.

we whould lose Craig if we get him though... who whould not want to sit on the bench and when we sold him we are back to square one?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:43 pm