Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

White 3 match suspension

White 3 match suspension Empty White 3 match suspension

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Wonder if he is struggling with the injury picked up against Workington, so a tactical sending off to regain full fitness.

Thoughts ?

S.

White 3 match suspension Empty Re: White 3 match suspension

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:10 am

As much as I like White, he's s liability and he's a player I'd be looking to move on at the end of the season. It's possible to be a no nonsense defender without getting sent off all the time. I don't think he sets a good example for some of the younger players coming through either.

Often, opposition teams deliberately set out to wind him up knowing he'll do something stupid. says it all really. Unfortunately our other option is blooper and the less said about him the better. Stimpson isn't quite ready yet but could be in the future. Central defence is without doubt a key area that needs addressing next season.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:16 am

To be fair, White is immense for us but what happened to fining a player 3 weeks wages (that will keep his mouth shut in future).
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:34 am

slicker wrote:Wonder if he is struggling with the injury picked up against Workington, so a tactical sending off to regain full fitness.

Thoughts ?

S.
    Don't see it like that myself. If he's injured then he wouldn't play until he was fit so we'd have to use someone else. So it's not really changed anything.

Not sure about his current disciplinary record but if he collected 5 yellows, wouldn't it only be a one match suspension?

I've always taken the view that not only do you need good players, you need RELIABLE players - ones that you can count on to be there when you need them. Doesn't matter how wonderful you are, if you continually can't be picked for whatever reason (constant injuries or constant suspensions) then you're little more than an extra number (and wage packet) in the squad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:59 am