Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Signing Tom Platt?

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Signing Tom Platt? Empty Signing Tom Platt?

Post by paulstreet Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:13 am

As someone said on another strand (trevdee I think). this would be the best Christmas present (well along with planning a trip to the Riverside!), that any (every!) Town fan could have. What a player Smile Difficult though. He is bound to want to remain a full time player (and why not?), and I presume Town cannot offer him that. And I guess York will be watching his progress with great interest.
    Is he on loan for 3 months? Lets hope we can, at least, extend it to a year. Hope you are working the phones Mr Weaver (junior and senior)!!
    TheNeil29

Signing Tom Platt? Empty Re: Signing Tom Platt?

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:17 pm

I dont think that Gary Mills would let Tom Platt go in all honesty. I think the main factor is that, speaking to a few York fans who are closely tied with the club in my workplace, is that Tom is a very good prospect for the future and is very highly regarded at York City, and even if Tom wanted to come on a permanent deal, we wouldnt be able to offer him a Pro Contract as HTFC is Semi-Pro. Wages would also be a factor as well.

I'd be very surprised if he was to come permanently in the Summer. That would be a signing on par with Bolder (i still cant believe we got him!!)
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:43 pm

Yeah, Irving's reactions seemed to indicate we had no chance, but never say never............Look at Chibs, he looked like he was going to go Pro and was then released.

Bolder is just immense at this level, the way he has dictated games this season (mainly away), and his footballing brain to buy him a few seconds of time just has me in awe.....Having played at a really high level in my teens I can appreciate just how difficult it is to do what he does on a pitch.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:54 pm

I know, I know, I was only dreaming really!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 am