Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
HTAFC Press Officer
paulstreet
Ball and Socket
7 posters

Players In-Out/Temp Loan Spells

Ball and Socket

Players  In-Out/Temp Loan Spells Empty Players In-Out/Temp Loan Spells

Post by Ball and Socket Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:09 pm

News appeared on the Club website on 28th Sept. 'Danny Forest Joins Town'. "Manager Simon Weaver has moved to bolster his firepower." Also on 28th 'Two Familiar Faces Return'. Tom Platt and Dan Clayton were brought into the squad. All well and good informing us long suffering supporters about 'new players'. What about keeping us informed of existing players? I appreciate Craig Radcliffe's loan spell to Bradford PN was announced on 21st Sept. Tell me then why is there NO NEWS abour Robbie Youhill being loaned down the road to Railway and making his debut on Tuesday night in the West Riding Cup at Yorkshire Amateur. Robbie got 90mins and had a good game by all accounts in a 5-2 victory for Railway. I assume all the players are treated with the same respect why then is there no mention of Robbie's temporary loan to Railway even worthy of a mention. I wonder how he feels at this admin oversight? The door is beginning to revolve slowly but surely!!
    Ball and Socket

Players  In-Out/Temp Loan Spells Empty Re: Players In-Out/Temp Loan Spells

Post by Ball and Socket Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:59 am

57 views. No reples. Do any of you have an opinion about this? Come on speak your minds.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:06 am

To be fair B and S, I think the club are generally pretty good about keeping us informed about moves, injuries etc.OK Robbie has slipped through the net, but in general I think we are kept pretty well informed about things.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Ball and Socket wrote:News appeared on the Club website on 28th Sept. 'Danny Forest Joins Town'. "Manager Simon Weaver has moved to bolster his firepower." Also on 28th 'Two Familiar Faces Return'. Tom Platt and Dan Clayton were brought into the squad. All well and good informing us long suffering supporters about 'new players'. What about keeping us informed of existing players? I appreciate Craig Radcliffe's loan spell to Bradford PN was announced on 21st Sept. Tell me then why is there NO NEWS abour Robbie Youhill being loaned down the road to Railway and making his debut on Tuesday night in the West Riding Cup at Yorkshire Amateur. Robbie got 90mins and had a good game by all accounts in a 5-2 victory for Railway. I assume all the players are treated with the same respect why then is there no mention of Robbie's temporary loan to Railway even worthy of a mention. I wonder how he feels at this admin oversight? The door is beginning to revolve slowly but surely!!

There are several reasons why I have been a little late with this one Ball and Socket, the main one being that I work nights and, on certain times, working in the medical profession means that I cant always update the site as quickly as I would like!

In general, as soon as I get all the information and the go ahead from Simon, Irving or the board to release the news I generally try and do so with a two hour window. Unfortunately, Robbie's move also happen to clash with several incidents that required my immediate attention elsewhere! I apologise that this has been omitted thus far and have corrected it on the site now.

If you would like to speak to me about it, I will be at the match on Saturday.

Many thanks paulstreet for the comment.

Kind regards,

Peter

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:24 pm

I happen to think that the communication has been great this season, if you look back to when the ground changes were been made, pictures were regularly put on, players in and out have been spot on and then on top we have the live match section. If you compare that to some club websites in the league I would say we have one of the best. Keep up the good work!

I would like to see more from Weaver though.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:33 pm

trevdee wrote:I happen to think that the communication has been great this season, if you look back to when the ground changes were been made, pictures were regularly put on, players in and out have been spot on and then on top we have the live match section. If you compare that to some club websites in the league I would say we have one of the best. Keep up the good work!

I would like to see more from Weaver though.

Thank you for the comments trevdee, I couldn't believe it that during the West Auckland match the website crashed (server problems before I get hammered for that one as well!)- I am glad that you like the Live Match function.

My aim is to make it the best website in the league, I have a fair few new projects to add to it - but time and the need to help people in distress - means that sometimes my time span and priorities have to alter!

I will approach Simon again about his blog, but I know that he is conscious about repeating his matchday notes all the time.

Kind regards,

Peter
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:00 pm

The club has made tremendous improvements in the communications area and I have dealing with lots of local non league clubs in the London area - believe me, Harrogate are getting the PR now and it is part and parcel of the stronger systems in place throughout the club. It is interesting to see the work that Phil Daly does at Leeds rhinos - every matchday he is multi-tasking - providing a continuous twitter feed, recording post match interviews on an iphone and then uploading and driving the website - all with his right hand! Congrats to the Harrogate Tn team for their investment in time and care with the website this season
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:The club has made tremendous improvements in the communications area and I have dealing with lots of local non league clubs in the London area - believe me, Harrogate are getting the PR now and it is part and parcel of the stronger systems in place throughout the club. It is interesting to see the work that Phil Daly does at Leeds rhinos - every matchday he is multi-tasking - providing a continuous twitter feed, recording post match interviews on an iphone and then uploading and driving the website - all with his right hand! Congrats to the Harrogate Tn team for their investment in time and care with the website this season

Again, many thanks for the comments Innocent Bystander. This gives me a good opportunity to also bring a few things to light and thank a raft of people. I am the Press Officer for the club, this means I deal with all the press releases, do the website and the programme, however I am indebted, and would like to say a big thank you to Kay and Charlie at the club who provide me with loads of stuff, Irving, Simon and all the players who give up a lot of their personal time to talk to me and answer questions all the time. Tad, Garry Plant, Mike Bligh, Hamilton and Trish - who all provide me with information from their relevant fields - again they all answer every question I throw at them without complaining. I know a lot of press officers/programme editors at clubs at our level do not enjoy the freedom that I have, it really does make a difference.

A big thanks also must go to Jonny Lally who has provided the matchday interview videos that can be seen after the match (again I provide the animation that goes with it) - personally I think that the interviews that Jonny does are first rate and help the fans see what the players are feeling post match. Really big plus in my opinion!

I have been very lucky that the club have basically given me free access behind the scenes to bring you news and information. One thing that they are keen on however is that info is released only when it is 100% verified, again professional standards in place to stop hearsay and rumour.

There are a lot of people behind the scenes that have really helped Town's image progress over the last decade and I think, as Innocent says, we are finally getting the PR that as a club, we deserve.

Hopefully this will get stronger over the next few seasons.

Kind regards,

Peter

Last edited by HTAFC Press Officer on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and punctuation!)
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Thanks for the reply Peter. I have no complaints with the information the club has been putting on the website. Its excellent, well done. That was not the point I was making. No one who has replied to my main issue regarding Robbie Youhill's temporary loan to Harrogate Railway has even commented about the fact that it did not seem to warrant any comment from the club. Loan deals with other clubs don't happen overnight. They take time to set up with the agreement of the player involved being a factor also!! I just thought it was being unfair to Robbie not getting the same treatment/respect as other players who are brought to the club or go on loan. What message did this send to the player and his family and friends? It is not me who should be receiving an apology.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:38 pm

There was no intention to upset Robbie, and in some respect I take offence to the suggestion that I was trying to. I have already contacted him to inform him of this.

Like I said, when I got all the information about the loan, i.e was it a loan, dual registration or something else I was at work, unfortunately items at work took over and I was unable to get free time to be able to update the web at that time.

I have got the information up as quickly as my time allowed, again apologies if this has caused offence.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:The club has made tremendous improvements in the communications area and I have dealing with lots of local non league clubs in the London area - believe me, Harrogate are getting the PR now and it is part and parcel of the stronger systems in place throughout the club. It is interesting to see the work that Phil Daly does at Leeds rhinos - every matchday he is multi-tasking - providing a continuous twitter feed, recording post match interviews on an iphone and then uploading and driving the website - all with his right hand! Congrats to the Harrogate Tn team for their investment in time and care with the website this season

Well I must say, i'm delighted that Harrogate are getting the PR now. I mean it really troubled me when Fotherby was at the helm, we were regularly finishing in the top 6, yet the PR wasn't quite right. Despite having a superb manager, respected by all the players and supporters, sometimes after the game, I would think to myself, we might have won again but where is all the corporate hospitality, the stand could do with a lick of paint and wouldn't it be good if at half-time, i could purchase a yorkshire tea.

Come on wake up, I couldn't care less what the latest twitter feed says, if i've worked hard all week then all i want to see is a decent game of football. Aspin provided that. Even in defeat you could pretty much guarantee it would only be a narrow defeat and we'd have played good football. There was rarely a fixture when you'd think we couldn't get a result, we were proud to be town supporters and I wore my jacuzzi uk replica shirt with pride! Weaver offers nothing, the standard of football is poor, players looking disgruntled, moved on after half a season, devoid of ideas, etc etc.

So after all that, what are we left with, great website, fantastic programme, the ground is looking good at last, developing links in the community, the bar is showing sky sports, epsn, etc, and in true harrogate fashion you can even enjoy a nice meal before the game (if you have the money). Sorry, but i prefer good football, a good manager, who's worked hard and doing the job on merit.

pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:34 pm

I'm sick and tired of reading the belly-aching drivel put on here by a so-called "Town Supporter"
    You aren't
    You can't even find anything good to say when we win 5-1!!!
    If you had taken over the running of the club, and invested in the ground, infrastructure, and helped to take us forward,I'd be interested in what you have to say.
    You haven't.
    I suggest you shut up, go away, and watch something else.
    Oh..............I just realised, you will be.............are you really Strictly Come Dancing's biggest fan?
    I looooove your tu-tu! flower
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:38 pm

And another thing.
    Peter deserves to be congratulated on the way he does his job - the Club are lucky to have him.
    He is dedicated to the Club...........................unlike someone else I could mention!!!!!!
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Oh by the way.......I'm a season ticket holder.
    What about you, Town Supporter, could you put your money where your mouth is?
    I'll sign off now, to get ready for tomorrow.
    C'mon Town...............Wembley is only a few games away!!!!

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:07 pm

pie and chips wrote:I'm sick and tired of reading the belly-aching drivel put on here by a so-called "Town Supporter"
    You aren't
    You can't even find anything good to say when we win 5-1!!!
    If you had taken over the running of the club, and invested in the ground, infrastructure, and helped to take us forward,I'd be interested in what you have to say.
    You haven't.
    I suggest you shut up, go away, and watch something else.
    Oh..............I just realised, you will be.............are you really Strictly Come Dancing's biggest fan?
    I looooove your tu-tu! flower

Evening pie and chips. I am pleased you like my tu tu. Then again, you designed it, so you should do!

Sweet dreams

X
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Yep, I designed it - it matches your hat!
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Peter there was no suggestion that you were trying to upset Robbie by not informing the supporters that that he was going on temporary loan to Harrogate Railway. Can you please confirm when you were advised that Robbie was going on loan? Thank you.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:20 pm

This is getting like the Spanish Inquisition!
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:24 pm

What would you know about that? If we can't ask simple questions and get the truth what's the point? My question was not to you but Peter.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Ball and Socket wrote:Peter there was no suggestion that you were trying to upset Robbie by not informing the supporters that that he was going on temporary loan to Harrogate Railway. Can you please confirm when you were advised that Robbie was going on loan? Thank you.

No, as that was a conversation between myself and Simon.

Rather than continue this in public, I have sent you a message.

Many thanks Pie and Chips (and others) for your kind words.

Peter

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:46 am

pie and chips wrote:Yep, I designed it - it matches your hat!

Now you're just been silly

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:17 am

HTAFC Press Officer wrote:
    Ball and Socket wrote:Peter there was no suggestion that you were trying to upset Robbie by not informing the supporters that that he was going on temporary loan to Harrogate Railway. Can you please confirm when you were advised that Robbie was going on loan? Thank you.

No, as that was a conversation between myself and Simon.

Rather than continue this in public, I have sent you a message.

Many thanks Pie and Chips (and others) for your kind words.

Peter

Yes, come on ball and socket, we can't have supporters knowing the real reason he left!
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:42 am

Do you know what Town Supporter,

If you think you can do the job that I do as a volunteer, write to the club and ask them - I will step aside.

Kind regards,

Peter
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:13 pm

The joy of what you do at HTFC Peter is that you are positive, creative and full of ideas - you help all of us who have HTFC in our blood and who support the club often from a distance because of where we live. Ultimately the knockers and the energy-sappers move on and we are still left with a club from a small town in North Yorkshire that punches above it's weight and makes us proud.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:39 pm

This thread is now getting pretty silly. Peter can't post something and he's explained why. For pity's sake let it drop. I looked on the Railway website for the Youhill news yesterday. I couldn't find it there either. It happens. And when you are, as we are, relying on volunteers then they will have other priorities at times. As Peter says, why not volunteer if you're that bothered.

I'm a great believer in getting the infrastructure right and the rest will follow naturally. When the infrastructure is complete and the systems have had time to settle down, then is the time to query. We didn't get promoted under Aspin. Nor have Halifax. At the moment my aim is to see some good football and not get relegated. In a couple of.seasons time, that aim will have changed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:21 am