Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

.

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland Empty Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    Post by Guest on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:11 pm

    I have started this thread to see how quickly Town Supporter can turn this comprehensive victory into a call to sack the Manager.

    Pretty tough to beat the last record in the hospitality thread, but hey, if Europe can come back from 10 - 4 down against the USA anything is possible.

    Oh, and the football was very entertaining tonight. Lee Elam scores from a header !

    Roll on saturday.

    S.
    trevdee
    trevdee

    Posts : 1365
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland Empty Re: Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    Post by trevdee on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:23 pm

    Ha there are easily a whole host of issues I could outline until we got our second, but by the end of 90 minutes I had forgotten about them....Elam was MOM for me by a country mile (up until Beesley fluffed that one on one, he couldn't pass, run, shoot, tackle...you can't give MOM in my eyes for someone who just turned it on in the last 30 mins).

    My only real critism, why oh why do we only take the game to the opposition when we go behind or the opposition equalise? I think we need to start every game with this high tempo football, put teams on the back foot.........but what a great finish to the game!
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland Empty Re: Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    Post by Guest on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:34 pm

    Totally agree.

    Elam was up for it from the first minute, won us the penalty and worked his socks off.

    Got the balance right when choosing to run with the ball and when to lay it off.

    S.

    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

    Posts : 405
    Join date : 2011-09-05
    Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland Empty Re: Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    Post by Dan_Gleebitz on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:47 am

    Pleased that we won our first home game of the season. Worried that it's the first home game I've deliberately missed (as distinct from being away etc).

    Is it me?

    What was the crowd like? And please don't say "A lot of people standing around"...............
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

    Posts : 2331
    Join date : 2009-06-19
    Age : 72
    Location : Kirkstall/Headingley

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland Empty Re: Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    Post by paulstreet on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:38 am

    Crikey, I wasn't expecting that! First half pretty much of a non-event (weather conditions didn't help), I thought it had the feel of a 0-0 or scrambled 1-0 to someone. Luke took his penalty well, no messing. I feared the worst when the second half started, they were all over us for the first 15 minutes, deserved to equalise, and I thought 'here we go again'. Who knows what might have happened if we hadn't scored again straight away, but after that it was total domination, and some great goals. If Beesley keeps getting the ball in the net (3 in two games), hard to leave him out. Agree about Elam, he has been a revelation this season, rather hit and miss last season, but really up for it so far this season.
    Wonder if York will allow Platt to play Saturday, they may not want him cup tied.

    Agree that we need to start how we finished on Saturday, lets show Frickley who is the boss from the start.

    Only ourselves to blame if we don't make it in the 4th qualifying round draw on MOnday.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland Empty Re: Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    Post by Guest on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:14 pm

    slicker wrote:I have started this thread to see how quickly Town Supporter can turn this comprehensive victory into a call to sack the Manager.

    Pretty tough to beat the last record in the hospitality thread, but hey, if Europe can come back from 10 - 4 down against the USA anything is possible.

    Oh, and the football was very entertaining tonight. Lee Elam scores from a header !

    Roll on saturday.

    S.

    Sack the manager
    avatar
    Ball and Socket

    Posts : 280
    Join date : 2010-10-11

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland Empty Re: Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    Post by Ball and Socket on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:43 pm

    Elam has been playing better this season for a couple of reasons. He is getting a run of games and is match fit. He also is backed up by a great left back in Dave Merris. His dive for the pen was Oscaresque but there was a push and the ref was only a few feet away and gave it without hesitation. When they equalised every Town supporter round us thought that they deserved it. Up till then the game was pretty even. Can someone tell Bloomer that he is allowed to close down an attacker and put a tackle in. For God's sake Matt have a word with Dave Merris or just watch how he refuses to back off someone coming at him with the ball. You're a defender so get defending!! Any comments from you guys about how you feel when the play is anywhere near Bloomer's space? Town supporter is obviously a man of few words. The FA Cup run BEGINS!!!!!!
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland Empty Re: Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    Post by Guest on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:56 pm

    Ball and Socket wrote:Elam has been playing better this season for a couple of reasons. He is getting a run of games and is match fit. He also is backed up by a great left back in Dave Merris. His dive for the pen was Oscaresque but there was a push and the ref was only a few feet away and gave it without hesitation. When they equalised every Town supporter round us thought that they deserved it. Up till then the game was pretty even. Can someone tell Bloomer that he is allowed to close down an attacker and put a tackle in. For God's sake Matt have a word with Dave Merris or just watch how he refuses to back off someone coming at him with the ball. You're a defender so get defending!! Any comments from you guys about how you feel when the play is anywhere near Bloomer's space? Town supporter is obviously a man of few words. The FA Cup run BEGINS!!!!!!

    I agree Ball and Socket. As well as sacking Weaver, Bloomer should be released too.
    trevdee
    trevdee

    Posts : 1365
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland Empty Re: Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    Post by trevdee on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:01 pm

    Bloomer is by far the weakest squad player....Playing at center back I expect town to be ripped apart, playing at right back then he just about copes. You just have to rewind a couple of years to Weaver's first season in charge, he was an integral part of that defense and we spent most weeks getting hammered.

    I was actually saying last night that Beesley was our weakest player up until he bagged a couple of goals, his all round play was poor. There were times it was harder to mis-place a pass than to pass to feet, yet he mis-placed and other times where he just needed to hold the ball and bring others into play yet turned to the defenders to get tackled. I think though, I will give him the benefit of doubt given his goal ratio and keep an open mind as I guess not all goal scoring strikers come to life until presented with a chance.
    avatar
    riverside

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2009-12-16

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland Empty Re: Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    Post by riverside on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 pm

    Beesley might not be the best technical player in the squad but he will always work hard and give Centre Backs a hard physical time.
    He also has an good habit of putting the ball in the net, so he is a good option to have in the squad as I'm sure Chib and or Danny Forrest will be 1st choice when available. Also Jonny Allan seems that he is back fit again. Competition for places is paramount if the side are going to achieve anything this season and different options will help.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

    Posts : 416
    Join date : 2011-01-28

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland Empty Re: Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    Post by JackHTFC on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:52 pm

    Good win last night. But, one we really should have been winning if I'm honest. As has been mentioned the first half was nothing special, still a bit unsure about the penalty. However it was a well struck one!! Second half much better and the 4 goals showed it.

    Matt Bloomer, seems to be a back-up player to me. We do have better but I've seen better games from him.
    We do seem to be spoilt for choice a bit for strikers now.
    Dan Gleebitz, Crowd got going after a few goals went in, but it was the young'ens mainly.
    Roll on Saturday!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

    Posts : 405
    Join date : 2011-09-05
    Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland Empty Re: Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    Post by Dan_Gleebitz on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:00 pm

    According to the report on the club site, there were 151 there. That isn't very many, even for a wet Tuesday.

    But as I have said previously, I didn't go because of the abysmal performance against Oxford.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland Empty Re: Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    Post by Guest on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:48 pm

    town supporter wrote:
    slicker wrote:I have started this thread to see how quickly Town Supporter can turn this comprehensive victory into a call to sack the Manager.

    Pretty tough to beat the last record in the hospitality thread, but hey, if Europe can come back from 10 - 4 down against the USA anything is possible.

    Oh, and the football was very entertaining tonight. Lee Elam scores from a header !

    Roll on saturday.

    S.

    Sack the manager

    Very Happy

    S.

    Sponsored content

    Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland Empty Re: Check the time, it's 5 past West Auckland

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:24 pm