Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Darlington - Ground Share with Town ???

Martin L

Darlington - Ground Share with Town ??? Empty Darlington - Ground Share with Town ???

Post by Martin L Wed May 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Only a suggestion but they are only an hour away and it would be ideal to scout other teams in the BSN. Anyone fancy the Quakers down at CNG, bringing 1,000 + each home game ? I quite like the idea. I think they would be looking at Blyth as an obvious venue.

ooh town.
    Innocent Bystander

Darlington - Ground Share with Town ??? Empty Re: Darlington - Ground Share with Town ???

Post by Innocent Bystander Wed May 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Interesting idea! Shared training facilities at Catterick?
    A1 drifter

Darlington - Ground Share with Town ??? Empty Darlington - groundshare with Town??

Post by A1 drifter Wed May 02, 2012 7:46 pm

Don't think the Blyth venue is 'obvious' - a long way from Darlington and Tyne Tunnel etc. to negociate. Bishop Auckland maybe - only 12 miles away from the town and a brand new ground but fairly basic and probably not BSN standard. Maybe Gateshead's vast stadium? Interesting idea to share with Town but can't see it happening. Feel a bit for Darlo fans who have had a rough couple of seasons. Better luck to them although not when (and if) they play Town next season.
    TheNeil29

Darlington - Ground Share with Town ??? Empty Re: Darlington - Ground Share with Town ???

Post by TheNeil29 Wed May 02, 2012 9:18 pm

It will be interesting to see where they move to, but I cant see Weaver and Co. agreeing to ground share. I just dont see how it would work.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Wed May 02, 2012 10:44 pm

Looking more likely that Darlo will drop into EvoStick 1 North or perhaps Prem - groundsharing with Bishop Auckland or Darlington RA
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu May 03, 2012 8:44 pm

The DFC 1883 fund have completed their purchase of the club, however, due to the licences they have to apply for (licence to play football as a Newco), they wont qualify to enter into the BSN, but it will be the Evo-Stik first division they may enter into, maybe even lower.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Fri May 04, 2012 6:56 am

Just been watching the Darlington FC with my longstanding friend Harvey Madden confirming the sale of the assets to Darlington 1883 - they have an ambitious plan to move back to the town in 12 months and back into the league (BSN?) in 3 years - Hinckley reprieved for 2012-13
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri May 04, 2012 10:54 am

That is very ambitious plans for the DFC 1883 consortium. If I was running that fund, I would spend the next 4-5 years making it a sustainable, profit making franchise before anything else.

I wonder how it will work at meetings, as how many members are there in this 'consortium'?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri May 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Similar situation to that of Scarborough FC, now Scarborough Athletic who groundshare with Bridlington Town and are run by a comittee of suporters.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue May 08, 2012 8:19 am

I'm not a fan of the consortiums..i mean, how do they make decisions on signings? Is there a board? or is it just a vote by all the shareholders?
    A1 drifter

Darlington - Ground Share with Town ??? Empty Darlington - groundshare with Town???

Post by A1 drifter Tue May 08, 2012 6:59 pm

Darlington to groundshare next season with Shildon F C.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed May 09, 2012 8:35 am

When are the FA going to rate Shildon's ground then? as they will have to rate it prior to deciding what League they will be in next season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:05 am