Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
Dan_Gleebitz
Big Red Machine
paulstreet
7 posters

Last night's game

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Last night's game Empty Last night's game

Post by paulstreet Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:29 am

Does anyone know if the game was videod? Most seem to be these days, and, if so, any chance of showing highlights on the site? BRM did you capture all the goals with your camera? Smile
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Last night's game Empty Re: Last night's game

Post by Big Red Machine Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Unfortunately Paul, I had to miss the match. It's always hectic when we have two matches in the space of four days getting the programmes ready.

Also, I would love a lens that would allow clear night time shots - only £1900 in the local shop!!!!!!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Big Red Machine wrote:Also, I would love a lens that would allow clear night time shots - only £1900 in the local shop!!!!!!
    Perishing Nora! That's expensive. Could you ask the club to turn up the floodlights? Laughing
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Or even ask the club to purchase one? or at least contribute towards one? (Wishful thinking.....i know!!!)
    clown clown clown
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:49 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Or even ask the club to purchase one? or at least contribute towards one? (Wishful thinking.....i know!!!)
    clown clown clown
    Anyone would have thought there is a multi-millionaire and his son in charge...
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:47 am

Johnny wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:Or even ask the club to purchase one? or at least contribute towards one? (Wishful thinking.....i know!!!)
    clown clown clown
    Anyone would have thought there is a multi-millionaire and his son in charge...

You're telling me that there's someone in charge........news to me after that display against Vauxhall Motors Laughing
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:03 am

The whole team and the manager should be ashamed of themselves after that pathetic showing on Saturday. It was a disgrace, and I relented from my self imposed exile, thinking it would be a good game. How wrong...

We will get relegated this season if this form carries on. There is no use smashing 6 past corby, if you cant build on it.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:42 am

I understand the frustration, I missed Tuesday as well, went on Saturday expecting, at least, to see a victory. Lets be honest we did not actually play badly in the first half at least, could/should have goe in 1 or 2 goals up. BUT we did not perform second half, they could have scored before they did, except for Cook's heroics. Bizarre substitutins again: OK Allen scored but the game was already over by then. Chilaka/Brayson MIGHT have scored had they stayed on.

\Great example of how to lose nerw supporters in one easy lesson: get good publicity with a 6-2 win, attract some new supporters (father and son next to me, 3 Americans in front of me), then promptly blow it by losing to a team in the bottom three Shocked Brilliant. As I said before, we have been here before: SW gets one good result then its back to business as usual.

And I agree, all the infrastructure changes, academies, prmary school kickabouts etc. are POINTLESS if the (patently) inadaquete managerial structure is not addressed. There ARE ways of addressing this if Mr. Weaver Senior has the bottle to confront his son: 1) make Simon Director of Football and get in a experienced first team manager/coach 2) Appoint a joint manager to work with Simon. As I said last week, Mr Weaver Senior has responsibilties now beyond just his son.

We are in real relegation trouble now, and as Big Lundy says, the BSN is gonna be a great league the next few years, some big teams in it, we cannot afford to drop out of it. Three points against Eastwood (one home win all season!) is CRUCIAL, no ifs and buts.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:27 pm

If we cant turn Vauxhall Motors over, we dont have a chance in hell against Eastwood.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:59 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:If we cant turn Vauxhall Motors over, we dont have a chance in hell against Eastwood.

I saw the match very much as paulstreet did. I think we flattered in the first half due to the wind at our backs. But IMHO it wasn't pretty to watch. How can we do so well against a mid-table team and then lose to one below us at home?

I thought it'd end 0-0 and I'd post about a lucky point. 1st half was all us to be fair, mind you Vauxhall aren't the best team I've seen at Wetherby Road. 2nd half, with the wind at their backs they looked better than we did in the first half and I realised the game was up.

There were a lot of good individual players out there for us, but no team strategy IMO and that's where we fell short.

450 fans were attracted by (I guess) the result against Corby (and the good weather) - though I thought it was less. I wonder how many will be there against Workington?

In his piece on the Club site, Irvine twice alludes to the need for results on the pitch. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:13 pm

I've just been looking at the Eastwood Badgers forum, and from what I can gather, they have serious problems. So, maybe we can capitalise, but with Weaver in charge, i'm not so sure.
    ChrisM
    ChrisM

Post by ChrisM Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Absolutely can not understand how we could play fairly decent football in the first half, and then give us that horrible display of hoofball in the second half. Absolutely depressing and it makes you wonder what went on at half time, as whatever Weaver said it had a horrible effect on the players.

A few observations:

Cookie: Immense, again, can't fault him, won't be long til we lose him, far too good for this club at present.

Defence: Missed a leader, barely won a header, often out of position, always outpaced. I know a couple are very young lads, but the experienced guys really did not help. We missed Pell, Picton or anyone who would just throw themselves at the ball and attempt to win it.

Wings: The way we play tends to rely on these guys running into corners and getting little to no support. Any crosses we do make are floated into midget Brayson or Chib, who both would do better if we drilled it across the box. Weaver, Elam isn't a winger, please put him in the middle where his ball retention and passing can actually impact the game, and for gods sake get the fullbacks pushing on in support (something Motors did very well, even their fatty left back was up and down the pitch)

Midfield: First half they got involved and did well, but a lot of the time we completely bypass them with long balls and aimless runs into the channels. Both tend to either sit, or attack and seem to have little impact on the game.

Forwards: Chib, works his butt off but often finds himself vith little or no support. I really like this guy but he needs someone who will work with him. Brayson is the most frustrating forward, reminding me of Alan Shearer in his last season for Newcastle, there on past glories, but not much else than a goal. Think his movement is wasted the way we play at the minute. Weaver PLEASE stop putting Brayson up top on hs own and hoofing it at him. Weaver misses his target man, its plain to see. Turl gets stuck in but we cant afford to give him time in this situation. Lets hope Jonny can hit the ground running because we need it.

The atmosphere was pretty good in the first half, some songs were even observed in the family stand.

Can't see us going anywhere with Weaver in charge, he seems clueless, and his substitutions were astounding.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:57 am