Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
ChrisM
Big Lundy
6 posters

HGTE advertiser (Half Price Voucher) valid v Stalybridge!

Big Lundy

HGTE advertiser (Half Price Voucher) valid v Stalybridge! Empty HGTE advertiser (Half Price Voucher) valid v Stalybridge!

Post by Big Lundy Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Full time Stalybridge Celtic will provide us with a stern test on Saturday despite their recent results!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last match highlights v Stalyvegas
    Usually an entertaining game @ the CNG
    Recent results
    03/01/11 TOWN 2 (Pell, Armstrong) Stalybridge 0 Att 378
    06/03/10 TOWN 0 Stalybridge 4 Att 365
    31/01/09 TOWN 0 Stalybridge 1 Att 467

They usually bring a few over with them

All big games now, especially the home games!!!!

ChrisM
    ChrisM

HGTE advertiser (Half Price Voucher) valid v Stalybridge! Empty Re: HGTE advertiser (Half Price Voucher) valid v Stalybridge!

Post by ChrisM Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:11 am

Looking forward to this immensely. Think its a good time to play them, but they are a free scoring side on their day, something we very rarely are. Hope we see Jonny Allan back for some part of the game. Soon be time to set off into town to get the bus over. Very Happy

C'mon Town.
    yorkie-girl

HGTE advertiser (Half Price Voucher) valid v Stalybridge! Empty Re: HGTE advertiser (Half Price Voucher) valid v Stalybridge!

Post by yorkie-girl Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:55 am

Can't get up to H'gate today... any way I can follow the match ?? Question

yorkie-girl

Post by yorkie-girl Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Having to listen to the Grimsby v York match FA quarter finals... good match there, shame I have no knowledge on Town Neutral

can anyone let me know how they are doing at all please and thanks ?? Very Happy

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:09 pm

yorkie-girl wrote:Having to listen to the Grimsby v York match FA quarter finals... good match there, shame I have no knowledge on Town Neutral

can anyone let me know how they are doing at all please and thanks ?? Very Happy

dug in and got a result. We seem to have the start of a team spirit which is positive. Stalybridge played some good football without doing an awful lot with it and I can't recall then testing Cook much.

On a separate note, they're manager, Harvey is the biggest plank in non-league football. Simon made a couple of attempts to wish them all the best only to be met with some very personal comments. Well done Simon for being the bigger man and brushing it off. Good to see the lads get behing him too in the bar afterwards. Sour grapes springs to mind
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:47 am

I have to say the only thing good was the team spirit. We could get the ball into the final third but then nothing happened. As I've said before Youhill is a very good player and I think he should have played alot longer.

Also on a side note, It was a very poor atmosphere yesterday.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:30 am

One of those drawn games that felt like a win at the end. I was reconciled to losing it, but it was a good strike by Brayson and I think we just about deserved the draw. Team spirit was impressive, we looked the more likely to nick it at the end. As has been said Staly played some nice football, not too much penetration: Cook did make one incredible one handed save. Hope plans are being made to sign him up for next season. I too was surprised Youhill came off, and don't we look more direct etc. when Elam plays? Sad to lose Turnbull but we should have a big enough squad to keep us going till April.

Still need to score more goals however.
    Harry Gate

Post by Harry Gate Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:42 pm

2 good results in 2 weeks. Just goes to show what a setted team can do. Keeper has been outstanding in both games. And brayson starting to score a few
    ChrisM
    ChrisM

Post by ChrisM Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Stalybridge dived a hell of a lot, especially that number 10. It seems they set out to wind us up, and it worked. One moment was great where a harrogate player (pell?) picked an "injured" Staly player up off the floor. Priceless. Staly played some neat football, but never really threatened, and their goal owed a lot to an evil low lying winter sun that sat perfectly in cookies eyes Wink

Was proud of the way we reacted to the red card. Elam seemed to make a real impact on the game with his brilliant ball retention, something we lacked for most of the game. I was disappointed with our tactics for the most part, lumping it up to chib never really was going to work. Found the Staly manager's whistling to be very offputting, it also put Chib off once or twice who seemed to think it was an offside whistle.

Pell was immense in the air and never lost a header, Cookie again was an absolute star, and pulled off another immense save. He's looking quite the player. Jake never really got settled at rightback and looked uncomfortable. The midfield were poor for the most part, Youhill was pretty decent and I was surprised when he went off. The central midfield were never in the game really. Pretty poor ball retention, but the pitch was cutting up so that might have had an effect.

Think our strikers struggled with the hoofball tactics, which for the most part were ineffective until Turl came on and gave us someone to aim at. Brayson was very frustrating, but took his goal well.

On the whole I feel we deserved the point, and it felt like the win, especially after Staly were time wasting quite early into the last 10 minutes.

Still some positives to take from it, another result against the top few. We do need to work to our strikers strengths though, this holywood long ball stuff doesn't seem to cut it. Gonna have to really work hard for a result on Saturday. I'll be there. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:06 am