Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
JackHTFC
Big Lundy
6 posters

Hinckley!!!!!

Big Lundy

Hinckley!!!!! Empty Hinckley!!!!!

Post by Big Lundy Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Need a good show of support on Saturday!
    Even with all the injuries we are still good enough to pick up results in this league!!!!

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Hinckley!!!!! Empty Re: Hinckley!!!!!

Post by JackHTFC Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Relegation Fight!!!!!
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Good game... It should have been alot more comfortable, Hinckley were dreadful. Then again Town weren't exactly 1970s Brazil. Youhill looks good though.

Anyone else see Weaver's Radio York post-match comments. Defence pleases Weaver. Im sorry but we conceded against 3rd bottom. Anyone remember Hyde 3-0 loss their manager was still not happy whereas Weaver had basically given up. Fight and passion is the basis that Weaver picks his team right? Anyway 3 points is 3 points and I don't care how we play.
    yorkie-girl

Post by yorkie-girl Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:58 pm

I agree with that, good or bad it's the points that count at the end.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Not the best performance I've ever seen but its the points that matter and we managed to nick them!

We started off playing really well, all the players looked well up for it, Youhill in the opening 25 minutes looked brilliant, was disappointed how he gradually became anonymous in the game though, hoping its just a fitness issue, more games he gets the fitter he'll become!

Defence looked OK, still think I prefer Radcliffe at left back though as he has a bit of pace which Pell, Heckingbottom and White don't have. Then play Lee Elam at left wing.

Hopefully we can push on now and pick up some more points to keep us away from relegation fears!

Cmon Town!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:09 am

We make life hard for ourselves don't we? Two good early goals and I thought we would have a comfortable afternoon, for once. No such luck, let them backinto the game and were hanging on at the end. Still we won and that is the main thing. We will need to up our game (for 90 minutes) against Corby Saturday...a much better team. Youhill does look good, and Radcliffe makes an excellent winger, tough on Elam. Pell really should be starting every game.

Lets hope we take tomorrow seriously, some silverware (even a final appearance at Bradford City), would really give the fans a lift.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:19 am

It was ok. Neither team were brilliant, but we were the better one I felt. And it's getting points off of the relegation candidates that counts.

With Eastwood and Blythe looking adrift at the bottom, there's 2 less relegation places to worry about with just over a third of the season remaining.

BTW, I was *um* otherwise engaged, so didn't see the Turnbull incident. What happened?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:34 am

Looked not much to me, but I was at other side of the pitch. Second sending off for Mr. Turnbull so 4 game ban I believe. We have 32 points now, another 5 wins and a couple of draws should be enough, even 4 wins and 3 draws would get us 47 points...surely enough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:22 pm