Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

**** The Net! ****

Big Lundy

**** The Net! **** Empty **** The Net! ****

Post by Big Lundy Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:40 am

Yellow & Black is back!!!!!!
    Next season
    Very Happy
    But the refurbished offices & club shop will have to be white because of planning requirements!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The sponsors lounge they hope to have totally refurbished before the end of the season!
    This will eventually have more seats in front of it!
    Work will also begin to refurbish the club office & shop!
    Once the season is over work will begin on levelling the pitch with new drainage & an irrigation system obtained from Durham City F.C.!
    The rest of “The Crossbar” will also be refurbished!
    A new toilet block is also on the cards!
    Because of all this work & the fact that you can’t lower the capacity of the ground below 3,000 during the season, the replacement cantilevered terraced stand with increased capacity is likely to be built next close season!
    There are also plans to try and develop a floodlit 3G training pitch for use by the club & schools in the area!
    This was just part of what was mentioned during the forum!
    The “on pitch” discussions took priority @ the start of the meeting!!!
    They are doing everything possible to improve this situation but also need the support from the fans!!!
    The question was asked! By the press in the end, & the answer was…
    “If Simon goes Irving goes as well”
    (But everyone new that was the case anyway!)

If all this goes ahead, then more will have been done to the ground in a year than the previous 10 years!!!!!
    Shocked
    But…..
    It is obvious they are concerned as to what level of support they can actually expect from the Harrogate public!
    A number of proposals are in the pipeline to help boost this!
    Obviously they know results are the number 1 priority!
    But they are right, if the supporters don’t get involved @ some point down the line then what they want to achieve will be impossible!!!
    The key to this is in the club badge!
    ?
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    You are looking at people from the whole district to come & support you!
    You need fans not only travelling from Harrogate, but Ripon, Knaresborough, Wetherby, etc….
    The internet needs to be used to drag these boundaries of support even wider!
    If you can use “The Net” then these boundaries disappear altogether!
    At the end of the day developing “hereditary “support is mainly down to the supporters themselves!
    Because they are the only ones that stop @ a club long enough to be able to do it!!!!!!!
    Still if you have someone in charge who can stir up enough embers, you have a better chance of starting a fire!!!!!

crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

**** The Net! **** Empty Re: **** The Net! ****

Post by crowbar6753 Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:09 pm

As i have mentioned before you can see that Mr Weaver senior seems to be putting a good plan together for moving the club forward, it will be great to see the yellow and black back again next year. BUT!! the answer regarding Mr Weaver Junior leaving is what worrys me and all Town fans, yes i truly admire his loyalty towards his son and yes he has been totally correct in giving his son a chance to see if he can turn things around. BUT!! how long do you give until this loyalty becomes stupidity!! once you lose the fans confidence it is almost immposible to win back especially in football.
    As much as i admire Mr Weaver Senior, i feel his loyalty will kill this club so i personally would prefer them both to leave and the club be rebuilt without the money and a new management team.It would be interesting to hear other fans view on this topic as it seems to be the number one issue at the moment.
    Nuff said, looking forward to a possitive result on Saturday Razz
    riverside

Post by riverside Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:41 pm

I know results this season aren't what everyone expected and I'm sure that goes for Mr Weaver Snr and Jnr. In my opinion they have both stuck their neck on the line in an attempt to move the club forward both on and off the field. No supporter can deny that both men are trying their hardest to raise the profile of the club.
    Jnr was a young enthusiastic man when Bill Fotherby employed him and he had an awful lot to learn. He was left without a team and had to rebuild from scratch. That season Town finished rock bottom with 30 points and were very fortunate to stay up. Last season saw a 20 point improvement and a respectable mid table finish. This year they have invested heavily in the club and brought in, at a considerable cost, some very experienced players at this level and above. So I presume everyone thought they would get value for money from their investment and hopefully push for the play off's. This obviously hasn't gone to plan and now they are fighting for their lives, starting tomorrow against Hinckley. I can understand the Fans disappointment but surely not everything is down to Mr Weaver Jnr, he has had half of his budget on the Injury table this season so he has had to try and wheel and deal to bring in players. This isn't ideal as players need time to gel into a unit so chopping and changing doesn't help. However he probably wouldn't have chopped and changed so much if he didn't have to. Now his new Captain is out for weeks.I believe some of the more experienced players that are here on good money, need to stand up and be counted and repay some of the faith shown in them by the Weaver's. Weaver Jnr will know he's made mistakes but now is the time for everyone to paddle the same way, players, staff, volunteers and fans and hopefully they will full fill some of their potential and start winning games. If they stay up, which I believe they will, then everyone connected with Harrogate Town can look forward to a brighter future.Time to stop the negativity and be united and I'm sure things will improve.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:47 am