Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

***2012***

Big Lundy

***2012*** Empty ***2012***

Post by Big Lundy Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Turning –‘s into +’s!

2nd Fans forum on Wednesday 25th January 2012 @ 7pm

Like the previous forum anybody can turn up & ask any question they like!
    Shocked
    Shirt Colours!
    This really has been a big own goal this season!
    The fans identify the club by its colours & other Town fans by them as well!
    We now have Town fans turning up to matches without wearing the colours at all!!!!
    Crying or Very sad
    It seems it was a situation that was inherited & it was good to see Jake warming up @ Gloucester away with a yellow & black striped shirt on!!!!
    But…
    It will have resulted in a reduction in shirt sales!!!!!!!

The club shop being situated in the Cross Bar could also have had a detrimental affect on sales!
    It’s just not visible enough & although it’s only a temporary measure it would be good to see it set up in part of the temporary offices for the second part of the season!
    It would at least be more visible inside the ground!!!
    Merchandise sales could be a big revenue earner for the club if it’s done correctly!
    Hopefully next season will be different, & it may also be possible to buy it from the clubs website!
    Worldwide sales drive?
    Supporters club?
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    This is going to be something very important to get going again if we are going to see an increase in support over the next few years!
    Organising away travel via the supporters club could help boost our away support next season!
    I counted 9 Town fans at our last away game @ Nuneaton!!!
    With only 3 of us stood behind the goal the 2nd half!!!
    Shocked
    There is a rumour that an Eddie Brown mini bus could be making the trip to Altrincham on Sat 21st January!!!
    True or false?

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

***2012*** Empty Re: ***2012***

Post by JackHTFC Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:51 am

Big Lundy wrote:Turning –‘s into +’s!

2nd Fans forum on Wednesday 25th January 2012 @ 7pm

Like the previous forum anybody can turn up & ask any question they like!
    Shocked
    Shirt Colours!
    This really has been a big own goal this season!
    The fans identify the club by its colours & other Town fans by them as well!
    We now have Town fans turning up to matches without wearing the colours at all!!!!
    Crying or Very sad
    It seems it was a situation that was inherited & it was good to see Jake warming up @ Gloucester away with a yellow & black striped shirt on!!!!
    But…
    It will have resulted in a reduction in shirt sales!!!!!!!

The club shop being situated in the Cross Bar could also have had a detrimental affect on sales!
    It’s just not visible enough & although it’s only a temporary measure it would be good to see it set up in part of the temporary offices for the second part of the season!
    It would at least be more visible inside the ground!!!
    Merchandise sales could be a big revenue earner for the club if it’s done correctly!
    Hopefully next season will be different, & it may also be possible to buy it from the clubs website!
    Worldwide sales drive?
    Supporters club?
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    This is going to be something very important to get going again if we are going to see an increase in support over the next few years!
    Organising away travel via the supporters club could help boost our away support next season!
    I counted 9 Town fans at our last away game @ Nuneaton!!!
    With only 3 of us stood behind the goal the 2nd half!!!
    Shocked
    There is a rumour that an Eddie Brown mini bus could be making the trip to Altrincham on Sat 21st January!!!
    True or false?

Not to forget going full-time!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:24 am

Not to mention the managerial situation! OK we all know that Simon isn't going anywhere, but I wonder if anyone will dare to ask on the 25th (will I dare?), what about two possible solutions:

1) Appoint Simon as Diector of Football, in overall charge of everything happening at Wetherby Road: team afairs, checking the progress of the younger players, links with the community etc. etc. A lot to keep him busy, and that we then appoint an experienced man as first team coach (whatever title suits) OR

2) Simon is 'persuaded' (by his dad!) to become joint manager with a newly appointed person. Trouble with that is would any real good guy want to be just a joint manager?

I really think option one has a lot going for it.

Don't think either will happen though!
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Option 1 sounds good to me aswell Paul.Due to work
    comitments etc. Very Happy
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Nevertheless, 2 very good ideas Paul.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:08 pm

Rats!!!!!

I have a commitment on 25th that isn't due to finish until 6.30. If it runs over (which it usually does) then I'll either have to miss this or creep in quietly at the back.

One item I've noticed is that the "Managers Word" isn't being updated very often on the site (last one was 16 December). We've played (and lost) 2 matches since then. I wonder why there's been no updates.........

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:54 am