Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Town vs Hyde

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Town vs Hyde Empty Town vs Hyde

Post by JackHTFC Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:37 am

Both teams are itching to win so it will be a tough game especially as it's Hyde. Both teams have lots their last two games.

We need to start winning and getting some consistency in the results if were going to finish top 8. We can't just always say 'next week. Win please! Very Happy
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Town vs Hyde Empty Re: Town vs Hyde

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:23 am

Dreadfully disappointing afternoon, not a single positive feature as far as I can see. Yes we probably should have had a penalty, but lets not disguise the fact that we were dreadful, Hyde were effecient etc, but not THAT good (and Guiseley and Halifax had both beaten them). There seemed a bit more urgency when Elam came on, but yet again we never really looked like scoring, and you always felt another Hyde goal was just around the corner. Terrible.

as I have had said before you can get Sky Sports and paint the club houese and get local kids involved (all good things), but if the team continue to play so poorly how do you expect fans to return?

Its a mystery how good players arrive at Wetherby Road and within a few weeks have become mediocre players...come to think of it, maybe its not a mystery at all!
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:29 pm

Clue1-Think of cloth industry!!
    Also why do they become good players again when they leave us?
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:23 am

Sorry rosvere but your clue has me totally flummoxed. Well over my head.

But I agree with paulstreet. This was a disorganised performance and that's where Hyde had the edge - actually, edge is not quite the right word as they were so far ahead of us in organisation and drive. On this showing, Hyde had LESS-good players than us (I think), but MUCH better organisation and drive.

We looked distinctly "out of salts" for the entire match IMHO. Can't find one positive to talk about. Ended up playing on my phone which I think says it all.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:23 am

Cloth industry rosvere, I can't imagine what you are referring to Smile Mr. Gleebitz also has a point about players mysteriously getting better again when they leave Town, after all Danny Broadbent was playing for Hyde on Saturday (not that he looked much different to be honest!). Reading the blogs on the (excellent) website we seem to have an ever growing number of backroom people, sports psychologists etc. I somehow can't imagine John Reed having much truck with things like that: 'get stuck in!' I guess would be Reedy's approach. Seemed to work OK. On a more serious point I wonder if we might have TOO many backroom people, and the players take the pitch with TOO much going on in their heads, football is basically a simple game, I worry that we might be trying to over complicate it, and the players don't really know what is expected of them. Maybe they improve when they leave Town because they are able to get back to just playing.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:19 pm

paulstreet wrote:Cloth industry rosvere, I can't imagine what you are referring to Smile Mr. Gleebitz also has a point about players mysteriously getting better again when they leave Town, after all Danny Broadbent was playing for Hyde on Saturday (not that he looked much different to be honest!). Reading the blogs on the (excellent) website we seem to have an ever growing number of backroom people, sports psychologists etc. I somehow can't imagine John Reed having much truck with things like that: 'get stuck in!' I guess would be Reedy's approach. Seemed to work OK. On a more serious point I wonder if we might have TOO many backroom people, and the players take the pitch with TOO much going on in their heads, football is basically a simple game, I worry that we might be trying to over complicate it, and the players don't really know what is expected of them. Maybe they improve when they leave Town because they are able to get back to just playing.

some thoughts ...

start from the back and tigthen up - even if it means a few 0-0 draws, lets start making ourselves hard to beat, starting by working on ...

... tactics - tactically we're useless - particularly defending set-pieces. Lets get this sorted, who's marking who, near post, far post, etc.

move the ball with more urgency and more importantly, forwards - too many sideways balls, for all his quality Laurie Wilson is the main culprit of this.

Where are the leaders? The players seldom communicate with each other - simple stuff like, man on, turn, etc, will do. Who will bark the orders, but will also lift heads when they're down?

Self belief or lack of it - when even the manager has his hands in his pockets and appears to have given up then what does that say to the rest of the team (Note this was as at 2-0 down so hardly down and out)? Note that the Hyde manager was still getting fired up when they were 3-0 up, no complacency at all.

Organisation or lack of it - notwithstanding all the recent injuries, a settled starting line and formation might provide some much needed stability and self-belief.

Positioning - Select players in their preferred position - I rate Meechan highly but not on the right hand side of attack or on the wing.

Possession - we don't have enough of it - too many hopeful balls.

Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:15 am

It was rosvere who said that players get worse when they come to us and then better again when they leave, not me paul. Mind you, I happen to agree with him.

And I totally agree with townsupporter's posting. Particularly the first bit. You start every match with one point. Lately however, WE seem to spend 90 minutes trying to lose that point - although we've had a smattering of decent results too. Problem is, I'm not sure that Weaver knows what he does right when we get a good result.

And knowing what you're doing right is just as important as knowing what you did wrong.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:01 am