Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Supporters Club?

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Supporters Club? Empty Supporters Club?

Post by JackHTFC Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:44 pm

Just noticed a supporters club page on the website under CLUB.
    Its a blank page though. Hoping one will get started up!

Can anyone shed any light on this?
    Big Lundy

Supporters Club? Empty Re: Supporters Club?

Post by Big Lundy Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:21 pm

We have had one in the past run by Phil Harrison!
    One of the reason’s why the support isn’t there is because apart from the match there are no other social events for supporters to get involved with!
    Once the football goes “pear shaped” the fans have no other reason to keep coming down!
    So they don’t!
    Supporters clubs are primarily there to benefit the fans!
    If they feel they are benefiting individually by joining, then they are more likely to & are more likely to renew their membership!
    Some of the social events they help to organise can also bring revenue to the club from non football fans!
    So the club still benefit indirectly from increased use of the bar, attendances etc…
    Obviously you need a number of people with the time & commitment to run one!
    And then you need the backing from the fans!!!
    Still, if it helps boost support & the possibility of organised away travel, fans might join even without attending some of the other social events organised!

ChrisM
    ChrisM

Post by ChrisM Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:21 am

Anything happening on this front?

Does anyone here travel away? Did we ever take a bus/minibus anywhere? I drove down to Gainsborough on my own, and stood on my own for most of the match. Be nice to speak to someone about the game. Smile

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:37 pm

The supporters club did arrange coaches to some of the bigger away games years ago!
    Then when it stopped some fans under the banner “Town Independent Travelling Supporters” or T.I.T.S. for short, arranged mini buses to some away matches!
    They weren’t bothered about joining the supporters club as such, just concentrated on getting fans, some of whom didn’t have their own transport, to some of the away games!
    Not an easy task some of the time
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Created an atmosphere when they did get to the matches & would drink with the opposition’s supporters before & after the game causing no trouble at all!!
    I think the nickname, a bit of a laugh at the time, gave the wrong impression & probably put a few people off travelling with them which was a shame!!
    The previous supporters club dried up because of a lack of support & volunteers!
    It’s going to need a group of volunteers to get it going again!
    Not sure what is happening on that front!
    The Little Red Bus idea with volunteer drivers could possibly be the cheapest way of getting Town fans from Harrogate to away games!!!
    All these ideas could benefit the club long term IF the supporters get involved!
    Travelling 2 or 3 hours to get to a game is more rewarding if you see more of your fellow supporters there wearing yellow & black!!
    There will always be some Town fans there, wherever the club are playing, but not always wearing the colours!
    All that travelling with no club colours on!!!!!
    Never used to happen in the old days that!!!!

ChrisM
    ChrisM

Post by ChrisM Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:45 pm

I'd be happy to volunteer in the supporters club, I cant drive a bus, but I want to get involved.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:32 pm

If you speak to Tad Nowakowski or Phil Harrison @ the club they might be able to give you some more information!
    Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:07 pm