Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Where are the goals coming from?

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Where are the goals coming from? Empty Where are the goals coming from?

Post by paulstreet Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:17 am

Beginning to get rather worried about the 'real' season now after the last couple of games. We were certainly better than Saturday (not difficult), but never laid a glove on a Blackburn side who were not THAT good (certainly M'Boro were better). Did we have a proper shot? Can't remember one. Feel increasingly sorry for Brayson stranded on his own up front game after game. If its obvious to the fans, why not the bench? Its time that Ross, Tait, Wilson and Turnbull (all excellent players) began to dominate in matches: all we get (so far) is occassional demonstrations of their potential. Still doesn't look as though Simon has decided on his best team, and we only have one game left to try and sort it out. As always with Town (at least in the last few years) its the goal scoring potential that is most worrying. Brayson will need support and at the moment doesn't have it. Are Liam and Jonny Allan going to score many goals this year? Baldry showed some nice touches, surprised he was called off so soon. Elliot looked OK at left back. Cook made some great saves, pity about the first goal.
    And I haven't even mentioned the superb colours that Rovers were playing in...talk about rubbing salt in the wound Sad Sad Just think how good those shirts would look on our players this season (and the CNG logo would really stand out Smile I'm afraid we played anonymous football and looked anonymous in those awful shirts. Not a good combination.
    There was some good support there last night: fans desperate to have something to cheer, and we gave them virtually nothing.
    j2021

Where are the goals coming from? Empty Re: Where are the goals coming from?

Post by j2021 Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Agree with all your above points, Brayson is looking frustrated about been left up front alone, it quite clearly isnt working as we didnt have a shot on target apart froma free-kick that went straight to the keeper, what i dont like is how Brayson is been used as a target man with his back to goal, he did well to be fair with him last night with the service given but hes a proven goalscorer and i want to see someone else doing the target man job and creating chances for him, i want him running at defenders playing one twos with a strike partner, and im sure he wants to do that too!
    Midfielders need to step up to the plate and start really taking hold of the game, they all have quality but dont seem to be using it at the moment, i want to see them demanding the ball and wanting to drive forward and get shots off and play balls in behind opposition defences to create CHANCES for our strikers!
    I dont think the right back, greg Wright i think hes called is upto the job, think who we had last season Dom Roma! Wright is nowhere near that standard and offerded nothing going forward unlike the left back who got was up and down the left all game and defended pretty well.
    I thought Allan looked decent when he came on looked really up for it and made a couple of good runs and won everything in the air, Liam came on and did ok should maybe have scored though when Brayson played him in!
    I liked the look of Baldry got forward well and won every header! he went off injured though :/ was stood near the bench and he was holding his leg and said something to Weaver.

IMO, we need a new right back, another central defender, at least 1 winger thats young with a bit of pace as i thought we looked a bit of a slow team at time last night, and maybe even another striker with a bit of a presence like knoxy or James Dean Wink

OH! and i preferred blackburns kit to ours last night!!!!

Sorry bit of a rant there,
    Hope we can get it sorted for when the season gets underway!
    Getting close now though :/
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:35 pm

What Blackburn had in possession was movement off the ball - almost totally lacking from Town last night
    Badly came off injured and if you do a cursory search on the net you will find a really long list of injury lay-offs for this guy (inc a 3 year absence) and numerous hernia ops
    It is the leadership off the pitch that is so worrying
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:59 pm

Hope we sign Craig Radcliffe - saw him playing for Cambridge united a couple of weeks back and he looked good - surprised to see him at Harrogate. The absence of Pell and Picton was clear last night -
    Maverick

Post by Maverick Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:08 pm

Salt wide gaping wounds what a kit Blackburn played in last night , again its been said over and over WHAT on earth is going on ,players on the field have not a clue whats going on ,I also noticed ( no one else has mentioned it ) the pitch has been narrowed by four foot!!!! ,is that because we have no width in our team? is it to make us look better having to play right down the middle of the pitch? I don`t know , we should by now know what our starting 11 is going to be ? Maybe Simon is playing a little reverse psychology hope so oh I do hope so.................. lol!
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:08 pm

I actually walked into the stadium and thought we were blackburn for a second, I still cannot believe the kit choice, it isn't Harrogate Town for me, certainly not a home kit, I hope they get it right next year Neutral
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:13 pm

And also, have we only won one of our pre-season friendlies (Gateshead)? Let's hope we see some improvement on Saturday, because if this performance continues, the new season isn't looking good
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Maybe the club could get a new tee shirt out (in the white, yellow and black) with "I've scored for Harrogate Town" on the front .... available at start of October to celebrate our first league goal

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:00 pm