Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
j2021
JackHTFC
paulstreet
sulphurite
8 posters

Brayson and Turnbull sign

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Brayson and Turnbull sign Empty Brayson and Turnbull sign

Post by sulphurite Tue May 31, 2011 4:32 pm

Harrogate Town have completed the double signing of
    striker Paul Brayson and midfielder Stephen Turnbull from Blyth Spartans, maybe the rumour is true that Armstrong is going to Blyth then.

I know we have been after Brayson for a long time, just hope he continues his form with us.

Last edited by sulphurite on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Brayson and Turnbull sign Empty Re: Brayson and Turnbull sign

Post by paulstreet Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:31 am

This is potentially very good news indeed. You cannot deny Brayson's goalscoring record: 51 in two seasons is pretty awesome. Sounds as though Turnball is an excellent midfielder as well, we should certainly have a very classy midfield next season. Turnbull, Ross and Wilson with Adam as backup.
    Brayson's age is clearly a potential problem, lets just hope that he can keep his goalscoring boots on for at least one more season! I have to say I'm sorry to lose Armstrong: whose gonna take the penalties next season Shocked
    Still you cannot deny that the club have made some significant signings so far and seem to mean business next season.I'd love us to re-sign Phillips to give our star (!) strikers good service, and Marshall as well. Still need to replace Dom Roma too.

Still exciting times might (just might) be ahead Smile Smile
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:40 am

Ive just been looking at the Blyth fans forum: they seem to think they have got the best of the deal...by about six years! Well, time will tell.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:59 pm

paulstreet wrote:Ive just been looking at the Blyth fans forum: they seem to think they have got the best of the deal...by about six years! Well, time will tell.

I'm of the view that we've got the best of the deal as in addition to their star striker we've also secured the services of their star midfielder. There's no doubt Armstrong is a great forward at this level, but he'd made it clear he wanted to leave so a replacement was required and they don't come much better than Brayson. From what i've seen of Brayson he's very much a different kind of player to Armstrong. Brayson is undoubtedly more deadly in front of goal, a goalpoacher if you like. Armstrong is a more industrious player, better at holding up the ball. I also care very little about his age - if we gained promotion then we'd need another review of the playing staff and players at this level only tend to stay a couple of seasons in any case.

The real danger is if Philips decides to move on as it was apparant that Amrstrong and Philips were good mates so we'll have to wait and see. All looking fairly good at present though.

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Phillips
    Chilaka
    Marshall
    Pell all need to be Signed on to strengthen the squad!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:00 pm

As most have said, hopefully we can get 1 last good season out of brayson, if he keeps scoring goals he will be a cracking signing, lets just hope his legs havnt gone just yet!

The signing od Turnbull sounds good, i think were going to have the most creative midfield i have ever seen at harrogate town, cant wait to see the 3 centre mids ina action!
    pingu

Post by pingu Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:22 pm

theres nowt official on turnbull .as for star midfielder i wouldnt go that far neil hooks out shone him last season .he was found out against gateshead big style .as for brassie the latter part of the season he was found wanting. his body lingo said it all about his tiring legs .but at least turnbull has time on his side
    Hakim

Post by Hakim Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:20 pm

I see that Brassy bagged a couple last night (for Bedlington Terriers Wink )

He is listed as 'trialist' as he won't be registered with them, but I can't imagine the Simon and his Daddy will be overly impressed if he gets a lengthy injury when he's out there - Good to see him as committed as ever to his new side, knuckling down to pre-season training at Harrogate and not just thinking about himself...
    yorkbrian
    yorkbrian

Post by yorkbrian Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:30 pm

Hakim wrote:I see that Brassy bagged a couple last night (for Bedlington Terriers Wink )

He is listed as 'trialist' as he won't be registered with them, but I can't imagine the Simon and his Daddy will be overly impressed if he gets a lengthy injury when he's out there - Good to see him as committed as ever to his new side, knuckling down to pre-season training at Harrogate and not just thinking about himself...

I see that the American money man has started to spend. Prepare yourselves for Brayson staying at Bedlington, as they will probably pay more.

Have a look at this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They have signed Craig James and Steve Bowey along with several other promiment north east players.

All they need to do now is build a ground.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:41 am

Brayson cant stay at Bedlington, as he has signed with Harrogate Town. He will be doing it for fitness purposes to keep himself sharp. In case you didnt know...
    he signed on the dotted line in May. The only way he could leave is if Bedlington come to an agreement with Harrogate, but we have our own moneyman in situ now, so why would he go?
    pingu

Post by pingu Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:15 am

TheNeil29 wrote:Brayson cant stay at Bedlington, as he has signed with Harrogate Town. He will be doing it for fitness purposes to keep himself sharp. In case you didnt know...
    he signed on the dotted line in May. The only way he could leave is if Bedlington come to an agreement with Harrogate, but we have our own moneyman in situ now, so why would he go?
    > even more money Laughing
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:50 am

pingu wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:Brayson cant stay at Bedlington, as he has signed with Harrogate Town. He will be doing it for fitness purposes to keep himself sharp. In case you didnt know...

He will only be paid what he is worth, if another club wants to pay over the odds then thats up to them, so if he goes fair enough.

A bit of a daft statement regarding staying at Bedlington really having not kicked a ball for Harrogate yet.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:22 am

But if he has signed a contract with us, what the .... is he doing playing for the Terriers anyway? Maybe our contract does not start until 1st July. Still, always the chance of an injury etc. Still you can't blame him, having a trip to Canada and the US.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:08 pm

paulstreet wrote:But if he has signed a contract with us, what the .... is he doing playing for the Terriers anyway? Maybe our contract does not start until 1st July. Still, always the chance of an injury etc. Still you can't blame him, having a trip to Canada and the US.

I think I prefer him playing and keeping fit, as long as there are no injuries (would we still pay him if injured?) Brayson reminds of Jody Banim, in as far as he was well known to put on the pounds in the close season and then have to work hard to get match fit. Lesser of Two evils?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:58 am

sulphurite wrote:
    pingu wrote:

He will only be paid what he is worth, if another club wants to pay over the odds then thats up to them, so if he goes fair enough.

A bit of a daft statement regarding staying at Bedlington really having not kicked a ball for Harrogate yet.

Isnt their new man a billionaire?
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:43 am

TheNeil29 wrote:
    sulphurite wrote:
    pingu wrote:

He's also American, can see fans uprising like Man utd and a supporters team being formed (terriers AFC!!) if things dont go their way. LOL
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:11 am

sulphurite wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:
    sulphurite wrote:
    pingu wrote:

He's also American, can see fans uprising like Man utd and a supporters team being formed (terriers AFC!!) if things dont go their way. LOL

FC Terriers of Bedlington! doesn't really work. Hopefully Brassy is getting some experience of Football abroad and getting extra fitness and preparation!
    pingu

Post by pingu Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:37 am

i heard hes getting 500qd a week for yous instead of 360qd at blyth .a lot of dosh for a bloke that looked tired n jaded for the last 2 months of last season .
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:53 am

pingu wrote:i heard hes getting 500qd a week for yous instead of 360qd at blyth .a lot of dosh for a bloke that looked tired n jaded for the last 2 months of last season .

He looked ok on Saturday and certainly has an eye for goal, maybe a little selfish at times and could have brought others in to play. As long as he scores for us it doesn't matter how much we pay him, it will only be what we can afford anyway.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:16 am

Brayson looked OK on Saturday, looked fitter and quicker than I had been expecting, scored a good goal, should have had at least one more. Allen looked quite lively, and it was good to get a first look at players like Ross, Turnbull etc. The new left back, Greg (Milne?) looked pretty good as well. To be honest I thought Tadcaster were the better team! Certainly the second half when I guess our 'reserves' and trialists were on (only recognised Liam and Adam), wasn't too good. Still only the first pre-season game so need to worry...is there??
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Wednesday will give us another look at people again so it should be good!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:27 pm