Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
j2021
sulphurite
6 posters

Dom Roma goes..

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Dom Roma goes.. Empty Dom Roma goes..

Post by sulphurite Mon May 23, 2011 1:02 pm

...to Gainsborough Trinity:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A real loss there, but it is inevitable that we will lose more players.
    j2021

Dom Roma goes.. Empty Re: Dom Roma goes..

Post by j2021 Mon May 23, 2011 2:35 pm

ah Sad Roma was mint for us last season, will be a big loss for us,

new left back needed now!!! Neutral
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu May 26, 2011 9:13 am

Sad indeed. Absolutely reliable at full back, never missed a game, I'm gonna miss him next season. Seems as though Trinity offered more money 'made him an offer he couldn't refuse' according to the website, hope we are not going to lose other key players that way. The longer the silence re: Armstrong, Phillips etc gets the more worried I get. See on the site we have signed Johhny Allen, seem to recall him being a great non-league striker a year or so back (Nortwhich Victoria?), so a potentially good signing.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu May 26, 2011 9:32 am

Done a bit of research on Allan (not Allen, sorry!), certainly was a major goal scorer for the Vics a few years back, then got injured, has not been scoring so frequently the last few seasons. Only made 3 appearances for Gateshead last season. Tricky one this, could be another Kirk Jackson scenario?
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Thu May 26, 2011 10:32 am

paulstreet wrote:Done a bit of research on Allan (not Allen, sorry!), certainly was a major goal scorer for the Vics a few years back, then got injured, has not been scoring so frequently the last few seasons. Only made 3 appearances for Gateshead last season. Tricky one this, could be another Kirk Jackson scenario?

Or Ellington, he also scored for fun a few seasons ago, how many scored for Town?

Also, Duke? was injured for quite a few games too, as Jacko was....

I wonder if Simon thinks he could be a replacement for Armstrong? Hope not Sad
    whoops

Post by whoops Thu May 26, 2011 11:25 am

Go down and give em a few bob and some advice paulstreet Tell them they are not doing things to your satisfaction and tell them to get a grip .Tell them to break the bank so long as they keep the players you want and that any signings should be run through you first. Its like listening to the self righteous brothers on Harry Enfield and Chums.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Thu May 26, 2011 12:53 pm

whoops wrote:Go down and give em a few bob and some advice paulstreet Tell them they are not doing things to your satisfaction and tell them to get a grip .Tell them to break the bank so long as they keep the players you want and that any signings should be run through you first. Its like listening to the self righteous brothers on Harry Enfield and Chums.

Remember that when you want to have an opinion then....
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Thu May 26, 2011 2:41 pm

sulphurite wrote:
    whoops wrote:Go down and give em a few bob and some advice paulstreet Tell them they are not doing things to your satisfaction and tell them to get a grip .Tell them to break the bank so long as they keep the players you want and that any signings should be run through you first. Its like listening to the self righteous brothers on Harry Enfield and Chums.

Remember that when you want to have an opinion then....

Well said Sulphurite, it's a forum Whoops OK
    whoops

Post by whoops Fri May 27, 2011 5:57 am

Yes its about opinions, its my opinion about paulstreet's opinion, whats wrong with that?.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Fri May 27, 2011 8:23 am

whoops wrote:Yes its about opinions, its my opinion about paulstreet's opinion, whats wrong with that?.

I think you miss the point about forums.

Having a go at other fans posts is not really an opinion,it is rather insulting and certainly not constructive in any way.

It does make me wonder what your opinions are regarding the club and current signings actually? That is of course if you have any?

whoops

Post by whoops Fri May 27, 2011 9:47 am

well you had a go at my post sulpherite, but I suppose thats ok, and if you think knocking everything the Club does is OK well thats a matter for you , but personally I think its boring, and are you trying to tell me that we should not have a go at anybody unless its the Manager.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Fri May 27, 2011 10:24 am

whoops wrote:well you had a go at my post sulpherite, but I suppose thats ok, and if you think knocking everything the Club does is OK well thats a matter for you , but personally I think its boring, and are you trying to tell me that we should not have a go at anybody unless its the Manager.

Who's knocking "everything" the club does? Please enlighten me.

The most recent posts have been quite congratulatory in my opinion. However, just because someone has decided to research players who have been signed and make statements of fact does not, in my mind mean you are knocking the club.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri May 27, 2011 10:37 am

Well I seem to have upset someone! It wasn't so much an opinion Whoops, more a resume of Allan's recent career stats. Which is kind of factual, you know. My opinion is that this could be a really good signing by Town, especially if Allan gets fed plenty of chances by Wilson and Ross etc. Also if he has a good fellow striker to support him. The reality is that Town have been unfortunate with their choice of strikers since Holland left (with the exception of Armstrong): players with great reputations as goalscorers have come and sadly failed to deliver goals for Town: Jackson and Ellington spring to mind immediately, I'm sure there are others I've forgotten about. This is no-one at Town's fault: I'd have signed Jackson and Ellington like a shot, its just unfortunate that we do seem, in recent years, to have been signing strikers who may have just gone 'over the hill'. That may simply be a factor of wages etc. I don't know.
    I can remember Allan tearing Town apart in his heyday at the Vics, nothing would please me more than to see him doing it in a yellow and black jersey, rather than a green and white one Very Happy

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 7:55 pm

You're quite right Whoops - paulstreet had no right to express his view without investing thousands of pounds in the club first. That would make him a true supporter and his view would be far more valid.

Keep up the good work, you're clearly a very insightful and popular person I'm sure.
    whoops

Post by whoops Tue May 31, 2011 10:45 am

very popular town supporter thats probably because I give people a chance. Looking back on some of the posts its the same people who do the moaning and eventually there opinions become meaningless because thats all they do and when they do give a little guarded positive comment its followed by " however " as i said in a previous post its like going to the Doctors " evrythings ok, however " I dont have the money to invest either but it does not make my opinions any less than any one elses.

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 12:14 pm

whoops wrote:very popular town supporter thats probably because I give people a chance. Looking back on some of the posts its the same people who do the moaning and eventually there opinions become meaningless because thats all they do and when they do give a little guarded positive comment its followed by " however " as i said in a previous post its like going to the Doctors " evrythings ok, however " I dont have the money to invest either but it does not make my opinions any less than any one elses.

whoops, i've told you before, members of your immediate family don't count.
    whoops

Post by whoops Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:26 am

yes town supporter your reputation precedes you, you tell people a lot but do very little yourself, I will take your last comment as a white flag.
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:14 am

This is the Header for this Forum:

Harrogate Town FC Forum

Welcome to the new Harrogate Town FC Forum. Please feel free to leave your comments regarding HTFC!!

Nuff Said!

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Back to the point of the topic,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dom Roma will be missed but his passing won't. But too get promotion were going to need to bring in some one twice the standard of Roma.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:56 pm

Twice the standard of roma! you been serious haha, Roma is easily good enough to play in the Blue square prem IMO, cant remember him ever making a mistake last season, very reliable and always gives 100% effort, Top player and a massive loss to our defence!

Lets hope there is a good replacement brought in Smile
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:03 am

To win The conference north you have to have a Conference Premier side!
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:31 am

JackHTFC wrote:To win The conference north you have to have a Conference Premier side!

And a Conference Premier Gound might help!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content