Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Boston v Town

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Boston v Town Empty Boston v Town

Post by sulphurite Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:15 am

A really tough ask on Saturday for this after the 6 - 3 mauling last time. Can Town get a much needed win against a team we have beaten before but not for a few seasons, 07/08 I think?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am not able to make the game due to work commitments, but I will be listening to the radio.... and hopefully it will be good news.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Boston v Town Empty Re: Boston v Town

Post by JackHTFC Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Will be a good game I expect we did well against Solihull moors and Guiseley and Boston are near them in the table......................... so anything could happen
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:41 pm

NOWAKOWSKI SCORES!

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Marshall makes it two before half time !!!!!!!!!!!

S.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:35 pm

Boston 1 HT 2 66 mins. OOOOOps

Come on town !!!!!!!!!!!!

S.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Boston 2 HT 2

last minute equaliser and final score.

Would have settled for a point at the beginning but disappointed to have not taken it from two nil up.

S.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:06 pm

I guess a draw was ok but I am disappointed not to have won with that lead. A repeat of the Stafford Rangers game at home conceding a few from a first half lead.
    Anyway I see Gloucester dropped points at Stafford so we are 15th

We have Redditch Midweek and Gloucester at home next Saturday so we should have a neat little Run going.

Nice to see Scooby on the scoresheet today Very Happy
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:08 pm

went to the game today, thought we were superb throughout the team, the effort showed from the lads was top notch, every player closed everything down and we were deservedly 2-0 up at half time.

Again Chilaka and Armstrong up front were looking great, Chib on the ground is at a different level dont think he gave the ball away once and Armstrong always looks dangerous, Picton at the back was immense as usual never seems to make a mistake, Nowakowski came in and had a great impact, passed it well if he put on a bit more strength he would be an imposing figure.

Was disapointing in the end to come away with a draw as i didnt think Boston looked that special today, some of the referees calls towards the end of the game became a bit biased to the home team, 2 hand balls were given in quick succession that were impossible to get out of the way of.

But again well played town, the team seems a lot more solid and we passed it around well.

KEEP IT GOING TOWN!!!!!!!!!
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:11 am

Weavers post match comments: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyways ahead of the Redditch match he said:

Harrogate are at home to bottom club Redditch in their next game and Weaver is warning his side against complacency.

"It was a foregone conclusion in a lot of the Boston people's minds they were going to get three points today. They nearly ended up with nothing," he said.

Should be a good game if we keep the good peformances coming.

If we played like that all season we would definitly up in the Play Off area! Very Happy
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:39 am

I guess like most people I'd have taken a draw at 3.00 pm, but a bit of a sickener to lose 2 points at the very end. Seems like another really good performance, never thought I'd say this but our manager might be finally coming good! Next two games will be key tests of that: 2 lower teams, at least 4 points as a minimum. If we ARE going to be play off contenders next year, we should be disposing of teams like Redditch comfortably. Still, well done for Saturday!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:33 am