Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Blyth forum

Blyth forum Empty Blyth forum

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:59 am

taken from blyth forum ...

They're a tinpot club that is bank rolled by the managers fatha costing him £6,000 per week!

Not sure where the £6,000 figure came from, probably thin air, but I'm sure it's not that far off.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Blyth forum Empty Re: Blyth forum

Post by sulphurite Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:04 pm

Pot and Kettle spring to mind. They always have a go at us, makes it worthwhile when they can't beat a "Tinpot" club though

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:37 pm

i imagine some Blyth fans will have a pretty good idea of what their former club captain, Richard Pell is earning per week and have then multiplied that figure by a squad of 15 or 16 players (i say that cos they mostly seem a bit thick!) Personally, I would expect the figure to be slightly less than is suggested but it's still a pretty good estimate. And I'm led to believe that Weaver's old man is indeed paying the players' wages (shock horror!)
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:17 pm

I guess one assumes that players like Armstrong, Phillips, Pell etc are on maybe £300/400 a week, but some of the younger players I guess will be on less. Makes the point that with such a decent wage bill out league position is really pretty poor. Mid-table should be the absolute minimum expected.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 pm

paulstreet wrote:I guess one assumes that players like Armstrong, Phillips, Pell etc are on maybe £300/400 a week, but some of the younger players I guess will be on less. Makes the point that with such a decent wage bill out league position is really pretty poor. Mid-table should be the absolute minimum expected.

yep, a fair assumption. I seem to remember Blyth fans commenting on Pell joining us for an extra £30-£40 a week, although unfortunately I can't remember what they quoted him as he earning whilst at Blyth, which doesn't help much does it?! I imagine Phillips, Pell, Armstrong and Toner are all earning around the wage bracket you suggested.

Aspin was working on a comparable budget and consistently achieved a top 6 finish - say no more!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:27 am