Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
Barrott
Johnny
TheNeil29
7 posters

Town v AFC Telford

TheNeil29

Town v AFC Telford Empty Town v AFC Telford

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:44 pm

An absolute fucking disgrace. I'm cold, £15 pound worse off and watched a crock of s**t served up by a useless manager.

Town, you can go f**k yourself if you think im going to another game whilst that ginger tosser is in charge.
    Johnny
    Johnny

Town v AFC Telford Empty Re: Town v AFC Telford

Post by Johnny Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:49 pm

I feel your pain - how can they charge such high prices for this dire crap? What was the crowd like? I didn't go to the game myself.
    Barrott

Post by Barrott Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:34 pm

It was simply dire, such a lack of conviction.

The attendance was only around the 250 mark, with the majority being away fans Evil or Very Mad

Post by Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:53 am

well in case you were in any doubt about weaver's lack of ability, i'll just say that we had a defender playing upfront, a left footed winger on the right wing, a central midfielder on the left wing, pell after being left out of the team then back in then left out, was now back in again. oh and our two smallest players were in central midfield - suffice to say we didn't win many balls in the air. i'll leave it there, i could go on all day but i just can't be bothered anymore.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:34 am

town supporter wrote:well in case you were in any doubt about weaver's lack of ability, i'll just say that we had a defender playing upfront, a left footed winger on the right wing, a central midfielder on the left wing, pell after being left out of the team then back in then left out, was now back in again. oh and our two smallest players were in central midfield - suffice to say we didn't win many balls in the air. i'll leave it there, i could go on all day but i just can't be bothered anymore.

Cannot get to grips with the tactics myself, why the hell was Bloomer playing up front when we had Kyle Hadley on the bench, who has and will continue to score goals?

Surely we should ask/demand an explanation for the tactical decisions?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Embarassed Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:41 am

Toner can play on the left wing and i thought he looked comftable there. As for the Bloomer tactic, i was bemused, thought we could of brought on Kyle Hadley hes a real good player and an attacking force. Bloomer put a few nice touches upfront, but heyho its only a Cup competition, focus on the League now!
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:13 pm

It was a worthwhile visit to Wetherby Rd yesterday if only to watch a well organised and skilful team from Telford. It reminded the ever decreasing bunch of Harrogate Town supporters how a football team should play. The Telford team was well balanced from back to front. They were strong, skilful, quick and more determined than our team. Telford hit our cross bar twice in the opening 10-15 minutes and were always dangerous. The ref could have given us a penalty just before half time when one of their defenders went through our Captain when heading the ball clear. They went down the pitch and scored.

Apparently Weaver had the team in at 11am for an early warm up. Then it was beans on toast in the bar and a team talk. After this they all went for a stroll around the Stray. I watched the warm up at 2.30 and thought why in God's name are they going hell for leather just before the game in a small sided situation. Several of our players looked tired early on in the game and were chasing shadows. It must have been better to give the players more time in the morning to themselves than tire them out with two warm ups and a walk around the local park!!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Dont think they trained when called in at 11 they just had a catch up on a few things due to the Snow preventing a few training sessions, we just played poor on Saturday and im sure well get 3 pts on Saturday @ Hinckley!
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:49 pm

Just read up that Blackburn have sacked Allardyce. Only recently too Newcastle sacked their manager Hughton - surely, if these managers deserve the boot at their respective clubs, what on earth is keeping Weaver in his job?

Haha. As if we don't already know - what with Weaver Senior bankrolling the club and plans for a 'new stadium', of which I couldn't care less about if the standard of football is going to stay the same. I am, and will remain mystified at how Bill and co can watch our attendances dwindle ever lower, no doubt falling below 200 on a weekly basis very soon, and not do something about it. Whether that be the ticket prices or the manager, the latter would no doubt give fans the incentive to return and fork out their cash again.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:34 am

YoungStato123 wrote:Dont think they trained when called in at 11 they just had a catch up on a few things due to the Snow preventing a few training sessions, we just played poor on Saturday and im sure well get 3 pts on Saturday @ Hinckley!

I can't beleuve I'm asking this but do you not think there's a reason we play so poorly every week?

Post by Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:54 am

Ball and Socket wrote:It was a worthwhile visit to Wetherby Rd yesterday if only to watch a well organised and skilful team from Telford. It reminded the ever decreasing bunch of Harrogate Town supporters how a football team should play. The Telford team was well balanced from back to front. They were strong, skilful, quick and more determined than our team. Telford hit our cross bar twice in the opening 10-15 minutes and were always dangerous. The ref could have given us a penalty just before half time when one of their defenders went through our Captain when heading the ball clear. They went down the pitch and scored.

Apparently Weaver had the team in at 11am for an early warm up. Then it was beans on toast in the bar and a team talk. After this they all went for a stroll around the Stray. I watched the warm up at 2.30 and thought why in God's name are they going hell for leather just before the game in a small sided situation. Several of our players looked tired early on in the game and were chasing shadows. It must have been better to give the players more time in the morning to themselves than tire them out with two warm ups and a walk around the local park!!

beans and toast in the bar … don’t be so ridiculous, ball and socket. I know for a fact Simon Weaver much prefers spaghetti hoops.
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:12 am

town supporter wrote:
    Ball and Socket wrote:It was a worthwhile visit to Wetherby Rd yesterday if only to watch a well organised and skilful team from Telford. It reminded the ever decreasing bunch of Harrogate Town supporters how a football team should play. The Telford team was well balanced from back to front. They were strong, skilful, quick and more determined than our team. Telford hit our cross bar twice in the opening 10-15 minutes and were always dangerous. The ref could have given us a penalty just before half time when one of their defenders went through our Captain when heading the ball clear. They went down the pitch and scored.

beans and toast in the bar … don’t be so ridiculous, ball and socket. I know for a fact Simon Weaver much prefers spaghetti hoops.

I'm sure he has Alphabeti spaghetti, then he can spell out to the Squad what needs to be done prior to kick off. i.e. Right from Left, Backs from Forwards. Then after a nice glass of milk he lets them go play kick ball while he plays Football Manager on X Box. Safe in the Knowledege he has positives to impart to the Troops, cos it worked on the X Box. study Embarassed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:29 pm