Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
j2021
sagalout
sulphurite
7 posters

Latest News!

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Latest News! Empty Latest News!

Post by sulphurite Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:42 am

Taken from the Yorkshire Evening Post:

17 September 2010

Boss Simon Weaver is convinced Harrogate Town have turned the corner and is eager to see them extend their unbeaten run to four games at Nuneaton tomorrow.
    An impressive display in the 1-1 draw at Vauxhall Motors last week has wet the appetites of those involved down at the CNG Stadium – after a game that saw skipper Martin Foster, Paul Talbot and Lee Ellington return from injury.

The trio are important players for Weaver and Town have missed their presence in the opening eight matches which has seen them win only twice in Blue Square Bet North.

At Vauxhall, Weaver changed his team around, bringing defenders Richard Pell and Matt Bloomer back and handing a debut to Australian keeper Kieran Gonzalez, who was signed after the departure of under-performing stopper Craig Dootson.

All three were superb and Weaver wants a repeat performance at Blue Square newcomers Nuneaton.

Weaver said. "Nuneaton have been going well and we want to keep our unbeaten run going – three now and we want to make it four to go into the FA Cup full of confidence.

"Obviously, Nuneaton are a club going well – they were promoted last year and it's a club I have played for before, over 10 years ago.

"It will make for an interesting game.

"Obviously it helps to have Paul Talbot and Martin Foster back. They gave us a good balance at Vauxhall, as did the two centre-halves who came back and looked really solid.

"They both had a kick up the rear and know what is required.

"We have got the keeper in place – Kieran Gonzalez – and I thought he
    was a calming influence on the back four and his distribution was second to none.

"We were delighted with the performance. It was probably the best we have played since Bradford Park Avenue in pre-season."

Graeme Armstrong should be fit to play for Town, despite receiving a nasty head injury last week at Vauxhall.

Meanwhile, Weaver was sad to learn about the demise of former club and division rivals Ilkeston Town, who were wound up in the High Court this week due to a £50,000 tax bill.
    sagalout

Latest News! Empty Re: Latest News!

Post by sagalout Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:35 pm

I think thats what they call a positive spin!

The last 2 games we've played teams at the bottom 5 of the table with an identical record of W1 D2 L5. We've failed to beat either of them.

j2021

Post by j2021 Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:36 pm

under-performing i feel that is very harsh on Dootson! He was absolutely outstanding for us at the start of the season and was becoming a fans favourite, really cant see where he has underperformed, he dropped a ball in his last game and the follow up was ruled out for offside , that is the only thing hes done wrong. Hes saved us so many occasions, very annoyed with weaver !!!!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:51 pm

j2021 wrote:under-performing i feel that is very harsh on Dootson! He was absolutely outstanding for us at the start of the season and was becoming a fans favourite, really cant see where he has underperformed, he dropped a ball in his last game and the follow up was ruled out for offside , that is the only thing hes done wrong. Hes saved us so many occasions, very annoyed with weaver !!!!

Also, One Goalkeeper does not make a complete defence!!

Other errors have been made.

very harsh on Doots indeed. Mad
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:17 pm

sulphurite wrote:
    j2021 wrote:under-performing i feel that is very harsh on Dootson! He was absolutely outstanding for us at the start of the season and was becoming a fans favourite, really cant see where he has underperformed, he dropped a ball in his last game and the follow up was ruled out for offside , that is the only thing hes done wrong. Hes saved us so many occasions, very annoyed with weaver !!!!

Also, One Goalkeeper does not make a complete defence!!

Other errors have been made.

very harsh on Doots indeed. Mad

I agree he has been a great Keeper for us. Defence have let us down so many times, you can't blame Doots. He was a Fans favourite, for the simple reason he was just doing his job..... very well! confused
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Also bear in mind that spin sells newspapers - you want facts - don't read the press!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:03 am

Big Red Machine wrote:Also bear in mind that spin sells newspapers - you want facts - don't read the press!

What is the alternative? No news coming directly from the club, so we have to take what we can get, don't we?
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:03 pm

It was a comment in general!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:12 am

There is a very simple soultion to all the club's problems. Sack the piece of s**t that's in charge!!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:56 am

Whilst I would not use Neil's language I have to agree with the view expressed. As Neil says in another post, Bill claims to love the club, so I am completely staggered that he and others seem to be completely passive when it comes to the 'elephant in the room' at Harrogate Town: that of course is the manager. He manifestly does not have what it takes to be a succesful manager, Saturday's capitulation (yet again) seems to prove that, not to mention the absurd mis-handling of the Dootson business. On the other forum I pointed out the success of Steve Kitterick at Guiseley, he has a good squad but nothing special, but look what he has accomplished there, it almost makes you weep.
    Its interesting that Bill has stopped defending (even mentioning) Weaver in the programme, so we as fans I think have to conclude (and someone from the club can contradict me if I am wrong), that Weaver is only still in his post because of his family's financial involvement. You do feel that Simon himself when he has time to himself to think must surely question his own abilites, and maybe have the courage (and it would take some moral courage) to resign.
    As I said last season (and got an earful from Fred...by the way where are you Fred?), assuming that Simon wont go, could not Bill and Alan insist that someone else is brought in as joint manager? Simon Weaver must surely realise that if he wants a career as a manager he is severely damaging his future prospects, I mean who else is gonna employ him on his own merits? Whsat is it, eight league wins out of 51 games?
    And please Bill, its still your club, can't you stop it going down the tubes?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:25 pm

And what makes this more suspicious is that where is Weavers' post match interview comments this time? Obviously, he is aware he is under serious pressure, and sooner or later, something will have to give, but I do honestly believe that he has lost the support of the fans, the players and the club management (apart from daddy Weaver) and also that every HTFC fan would be glad to see the back of Weaver.

Sorry for my swearing, just an extremely frustrated fan at 4am!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:21 pm