Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
Fred
Doggy
Jambo
paulstreet
TheNeil29
sulphurite
10 posters

Who should we bring in?

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Who should we bring in? Empty Who should we bring in?

Post by sulphurite Tue May 04, 2010 1:22 pm

So, the season has ended and it must now be time to think about Who we should try to bring in?

Noticed that John Deacey has said he will not be at BPA next season, how about bringing him in to assist? might even bring a couple of players with him, such as Humey and Iqbal (who we have tried to sign before)

Also guiseley may well jettison a couple who might do a (another) job at our new level, Burton and Merris spring to mind.

Whatever happens and whoever Weaver brings to the club, one thing is certain, I will support them from day one.
    cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    TheNeil29

Who should we bring in? Empty Re: Who should we bring in?

Post by TheNeil29 Tue May 04, 2010 5:52 pm

In my opinion, we need to sign the following:

2 Good Quality Defenders. Not sure who to be honest.
    2/3 Good Quality Attacking Midfielders, to give us the width that has been lacking this season. (Durham should be given a good chance next season. He is a possible option if they dont release him)
    1 Good Striker to back up Knoxy and Lee Ellington (Ivanov from the reserves would be worth a good punt)
    A decent backup Goalkeeper for Hernandez (The reserver keeper Wiacek would be a good backup)

We have a good nucleus of the squad now, and in my opinion, if they signed the above, and gave the above mentioned reserve players a chance in the first team, and also keep the ball on the floor more. We will wipe the floor with most teams in the 'Evo-Stik' league next season.

Thoughts anyone?
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Wed May 05, 2010 8:05 am

TheNeil29 wrote:In my opinion, we need to sign the following:

2/3 Good Quality Attacking Midfielders, to give us the width that has been lacking this season. (Durham should be given a good chance next season. He is a possible option if they dont release him)
    1 Good Striker to back up Knoxy and Lee Ellington (Ivanov from the reserves would be worth a good punt)
    A decent backup Goalkeeper for Hernandez (The reserver keeper Wiacek would be a good backup)

We have a good nucleus of the squad now, and in my opinion, if they signed the above, and gave the above mentioned reserve players a chance in the first team, and also keep the ball on the floor more. We will wipe the floor with most teams in the 'Evo-Stik' league next season.

Thoughts anyone?

Defenders, Humey and Iqbal? with Hume able to play upfront and score goals from set pieces.
    Not sure about starting any reserve players they may well struggle, but, they should certainly be a chance from the bench, also some first teamers should play more reserve matches, so that gives a clearer view as to the difference between the playeres abilities.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed May 05, 2010 10:10 am

I'd love to see more reserves coming through, but there is surely a hell of a jump from the Reserves league to Unibond (oops, force of habit!) Premier. Agree that the Deacey situation is interesting, it would be great if we could get him in some capacity: joint manager with Simon perhaps? Works at Barrow!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed May 05, 2010 5:16 pm

sulphurite wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:In my opinion, we need to sign the following:

Thoughts anyone?

Defenders, Humey and Iqbal? with Hume able to play upfront and score goals from set pieces.
    Not sure about starting any reserve players they may well struggle, but, they should certainly be a chance from the bench, also some first teamers should play more reserve matches, so that gives a clearer view as to the difference between the playeres abilities.

Iqbal and Hume would possibly be good additions, and it was mentioned in another thread that Hume isnt too happy at BPA, so it could be a possibility, not too sure about Iqbal though.
    Jambo

Post by Jambo Wed May 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Iqbal and Hume would possibly be good additions, and it was mentioned in another thread that Hume isnt too happy at BPA, so it could be a possibility, not too sure about Iqbal though.[/quote]

Whose's putting the dosh up for those 2 then? Are you? Good Players though?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu May 06, 2010 1:24 pm

Irving Weaver?
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Thu May 06, 2010 3:08 pm

paulstreet wrote:Irving Weaver?

Yeah, he's not short of a bob or two santa
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu May 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Jambo wrote:Iqbal and Hume would possibly be good additions, and it was mentioned in another thread that Hume isnt too happy at BPA, so it could be a possibility, not too sure about Iqbal though.

Whose's putting the dosh up for those 2 then? Are you? Good Players though?[/quote]

Obviously not me :-p
    Fred

Post by Fred Fri May 07, 2010 10:28 am

paulstreet wrote:I'd love to see more reserves coming through, but there is surely a hell of a jump from the Reserves league to Unibond (oops, force of habit!) Premier. Agree that the Deacey situation is interesting, it would be great if we could get him in some capacity: joint manager with Simon perhaps? Works at Barrow!

Have you a clue what you are talking about?

You would make a truly hopeless manager because you just go with whichever way the wind is blowing.

You have been calling for Simon Weaver's sacking, now you're on about a 'joint-manager'.

Look back at all your posts over the past year and they don't make good reading. How can you expect and demand a good manager at Town when all you do is dither and change your mind every other week?

Also you and your regular cronies have made allegations against Simon Weaver which have been proved to be factually incorrect and completely false. No matter how badly the team performs, no manager deserves that kind of ill-informed and rabid criticism.

Whatever has happened on the pitch, Simon Weaver has shown he is a resilient and honourable character.

Cheers

Fred
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri May 07, 2010 12:14 pm

Well this deserves a response! Firstly I don't have any 'cronies' (wish I did!), secondly, as I explained, I have accepted the fact that Simon is staying next season, which is rather different from changing my mind about his suitability for the job. As for the 'allegations' about Simon what precisely are you referring to? If its the business of his father putting money into the club then 1) I didn't make allegations, merely commented on rumours circulating on the forum 2) please consult the Advertiser today where Simon CONFIRMS that his father put money in!
    I have NOT changed my mind about Simon's post at all: I said after the shambolic BPA fiasco that I thought he should go, and kept saying it for the rest of the season! However the FACT is that he will be staying so (whether I like it or not), as a Town supporter, I will be wishing him all the
    beat come August, every team starts equal and all that. I have also constantly made it clear that I have nothing personal against Simon (how could I, I don't know him), but have always said that he seems like a nice guy etc. I DO though believe that making Marsh the 'scapegoat' for the BPA debacle did not show him in a very good light, I continue to believe that. As it happens the Weaver family sit behind me in the stand, and they also seem like nice people, none of this is personal, merely a judgement (which results would rather seem to bear out) that Simon is not so far making the grade as a manager. I mean there are people calling for Mancini's head and his team finished 5th!
    Once or twce I may have posted 'angry' (but NOT rabid) posts, but that is because I love the club and get upset when they keep losing.
    Anyway must go, me and my cronies are off to terrorise the good burghers of Harrogate and have tea and a toasted tea cake at the Edinburgh Woollen Mill...living on the edge Smile
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Fri May 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Great response paulstreet. Fred why do you continually single handedly manage to change quite interesting topics into personal attacks on people, maybe if you responded to people directly posts when they call you out people wouldnt develop such a bad taste for your posts. And as he said advertiser confirms Weaver's daddy putting money in so our "ill-informed and rapid criticism" was quite right seeing as it took just a WHOLE SEASON for anyone to confirm it. WHY though I still ask could they not tell us earlier.

Anyway, back to the thread topic now PLEASE. Fred PM people if you fancy slagging them off.

Jim Provett released from Gateshead today [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Probably the best shop stopper I've ever seen in my time supporting Town, absolutely brilliant. Obviously dont know the budget for next season but if anyone from the club is reading SIGN HIM UP!! BSN or Glue league is a stand out GK.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri May 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Well said Paulstreet and TheTown.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat May 08, 2010 10:36 am

Thanks guys, and Jim Provett would be a great signing! Lets hope.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat May 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Gavin Rothery would be a great signing,but not likely.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Heres hoping bounce
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Sat May 08, 2010 7:24 pm

Fred wrote:

You would make a truly hopeless manager because you just go with whichever way the wind is blowing.

You have been calling for Simon Weaver's sacking, now you're on about a 'joint-manager'.

Look back at all your posts over the past year and they don't make good reading. How can you expect and demand a good manager at Town when all you do is dither and change your mind every other week?

Also you and your regular cronies have made allegations against Simon Weaver which have been proved to be factually incorrect and completely false. No matter how badly the team performs, no manager deserves that kind of ill-informed and rabid criticism.

Whatever has happened on the pitch, Simon Weaver has shown he is a resilient and honourable character.

Cheers

Fred

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Sat May 08, 2010 7:39 pm

sagalout wrote:
    Fred wrote:

Cheers

Fred

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Is "Fred" actually Simon Weaver himself, or a close relative of him...?
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sun May 09, 2010 12:13 am

Jim Provett has been released by Gateshead, he would do the job please!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun May 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Well, one player has gone...Knoxy of all people.

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sun May 09, 2010 3:24 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Well, one player has gone...Knoxy of all people.

No
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Mon May 10, 2010 7:52 am

YoungStato123 wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:Well, one player has gone...Knoxy of all people.

No

GUTTED Suspect

Shame the club couldn't be bothered releasing the news, rather than a little piece about Simon!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon May 10, 2010 10:20 am

Saw Rothery play once and he looked different class, so I hope that Bill, Alan, Simon and Tom are all working overtime at the moment! Silence from the club a bit worrying (especially re: Syers), and we know that Knox has gone to Worksop.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Wed May 12, 2010 10:09 am

Really in need of some club updates, anyone?

Why is it so quiet? we know things are happenning, r.e. Knoxy going, but the club is silent, surely player news is not too much to ask?
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Wed May 12, 2010 6:19 pm

sulphurite wrote:Really in need of some club updates, anyone?

Why is it so quiet? we know things are happenning, r.e. Knoxy going, but the club is silent, surely player news is not too much to ask?
    It's taken over a season for our very own manager to disclose tiny details concerning his father's bankrolling of the club... do you really think they'd make the effort to tell us about the players, or, for that matter, the position of the club concerning next season?

I'd be very surprised if they tred there, and let the fans know anything about the club. Let's just rely on 3rd party sources for information concerning our club - those 'behind the scenes' clearly have no intention of letting the fanbase know anything!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Thu May 13, 2010 8:00 am

The Knox transfer was annouced on Harrogate Towns twitter page but not the website.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 am