Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Southport at home

GARAGE

Southport at home  Empty Southport at home

Post by GARAGE Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:50 pm

We were given a hard game by Southport who deserved a goal for their efforts. We had plenty of possession but struggled to get the goals today. Again we had to carry Leesley who looks really out of sorts and Knowles really needs to get his act together. Our keeper pulled off some good saves and deserved his MOM. At times we played some great football which deserved goals but apart from our 2 well worked goals we could not find the net. Roll on to our next cup final on Tuesday where i think we will be really tested. Finally after Becks performance today i think he should partner Wright up front.
    Ozzi

Southport at home  Empty Re: Southport at home

Post by Ozzi Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Couldn’t agree more with your assessment Garage. It will probably look like a comfortable day for us to neutrals looking in, but Southport certainly gave us some nervy moments. Regards Joe, I just can’t get my head round how his form has dipped during the last couple of months. We all want him to rekindle the great form he was in ‘prior’ to the Salford interest, but how many more chances will he get. Jordan tbf must be chomping at the bit to get his chance. Finally,, I also agree with Beck + Wrighty as our front two against an unpredictable Boston on Tuesday.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:58 pm

Yes i too agree with you Garage but have to say i would go further re Knowles - i can only think that Weaver sees something in him that all other observers have missed. Yes he's enthusiastics and, at times, shows some technical ability, but during the last few games my lasting memories are of the play deadending at his feet or of him enthusiastically running towards their goalie in case the goalie butterfingers the ball and, as there's no genuine threat from Knowles, the goalie never does. Our attack needs to be more potent. Beck's head was a more winning one today but only once did the ball take a useful angle from it - but overall his performance today was an improvement and he deserves to retain his place. I just hope Wright is fit for Boston and if the starting strikers are impotent, please Simon, bring Fewliss on sooner .... We just have to win at Boston!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 am