Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Match Thread: (The Derby) Farsley Celtic v Harrogate Town

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Match Thread: (The Derby) Farsley Celtic v Harrogate Town Empty Match Thread: (The Derby) Farsley Celtic v Harrogate Town

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Come on Town i think itll be close so ill go with 3-2 town.
    Line up is:
    1.A Ratchford
    2.J Maloney
    3.C James (skipper)
    4.M Foster
    5.M Bloomer
    6.S Sturdy
    7.A Nowakowski
    8.L Gregory
    9.P Knox
    10.J Bradley
    11.B Muirhead

Subs:
    S Hernandez, R Dunning, S Yeo, J Ghaichem, B Chapman

Come on Town!! Very Happy
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Match Thread: (The Derby) Farsley Celtic v Harrogate Town Empty Re: Match Thread: (The Derby) Farsley Celtic v Harrogate Town

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:28 pm

1-0 To Farsley after 39 minutes. Ex Town boy Dave Syers puts Celtic into the lead.
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Match Thread: (The Derby) Farsley Celtic v Harrogate Town Empty Re: Match Thread: (The Derby) Farsley Celtic v Harrogate Town

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:34 pm

Halftime:
    Farsley Celtic 1
    Harrogate Town 0
    pale
    come on town..
    j2021

Post by j2021 Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:38 pm

COME ON TOWN!!!!! Lets get this turned around! We really could do with beating farsley today, and it would have to be one of out ex players that scores
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Simon Sturdy makes it 1-1

Cmon Town
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:17 pm

2-1 Farsley.... Shocked
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:32 am

No comments on the match? I hate to be proved right, but I thought we would need to score 3 to win and that is what turned oit to be the case, except we only scored one! I was pretty despondent on Tuesday night/yesterday, still am to be honest. There were not too many positives from the game: Farsley, despite all their problems, looked far superior. Still too many long balls hoofed up to the big lads, bound to make one or tweo chances playing like that I guess, but need to take them.

Considering the improved quality of the new signings (Muirhead, Knox, Bradley, Gregory and Foster), we still looked quite poor at times...this is worrying. Still I guess there will be no more signings so these guys will have to do it for us.

Hyde Saturday really is crucial, lose and they will be 5 ahead with 2 games in hand, don't fancy our chances of pulling that back, and the pyschological blow of losing 3 in a row could be devestating.

Strategy for survival: 11 home games still to go (!): 7 wins/2 draws/2 losses = 23 points
    8 away games: 2 wins (Hyde has to be one)/2 draws/4 defeats == 8 points
    Total: 31 + 16 = 47, which MIGHT be enough.

Tough ask but not impossible. But we have to start to win more than the odd game every 4 or 5 matches.

Oh well, better start checking the trains to Godley...glutton for punishment, who me? Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:36 pm