Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Stafford Summary

gedmaloney

Stafford Summary Empty Stafford Summary

Post by gedmaloney Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:11 pm

Lousy result - good performance and we were unlucky - we created a number of chances, 3 of which I would classify as gilt edged. They went in Tuesday but not Saturday. I was stood with their fans and they didn't recognise either our team or our performance given the defeat earlier in the Year.
    Was in the bar after the game and I can tell all that the Town fans were as drained as the players!!!

Major Plusses:
    Simon Sturdy - majestic
    Fozzie - bossed middle
    Knoxy - handful
    Chances created
    Players making themselves available for the ball.
    Effort - can't criticise, the lads gave everything

Constructive Criticism

We are holding onto the ball a lot better but this is still an area that is open to further improvement.

On to Farsley and with the CorBy game off (they are in the Trophy) next week the 2 options could be Blyth or Hyde - latter game = definition of MUST WIN!

We will.

BELIEVE Smile

ps. hospitality at Stafford 1st class - good beer and free grub after the game - somehow I don't think it will be the same at Farsley!!!!!! Wink
    TheTown
    TheTown

Stafford Summary Empty Re: Stafford Summary

Post by TheTown Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:12 pm

I know the squad is much better, but we need results now not performances. Shame we didnt nick a point as we more than sound like we deserved it, least we're making some chances and actually expecting in games now though rather than hoping. Roll on Tuesday!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:26 am

I tried not to get too excited after Tuesday's win, so I'm trying not to be too down about losing on Saturday: there seem to have been lots of positives about the game. Still goes without saying that good performances etc. are no longer enough, we have to start winning games on a more regular basis. Tuesday will be tough, I think we may need to score 3 goals to win, Farsley almost always seem to score a couple, especially at home.
    According to the NLP yesterday there is a chance that both Northwich and Farsley will be demoted at the end of the season because of the dreaded Appendix E rule of the Conference (all creditors to be paid by May 10th). Would be a lousy way to stay up, still...
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:54 pm

On to Farsley and with the CorBy game off (they are in the Trophy) next week the 2 options could be Blyth or Hyde - latter game = definition of MUST WIN!

Blyth will not have a game if Gainsborough win at Tamworth (FA Trophy) on Tuesday.
    We are due to play Hyde on Bank Holiday Monday and I do not think Hyde will move from that date.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:27 pm