Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Jerry Yates Signing

Martin L

Jerry Yates Signing

Post by Martin L on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Young blood, highly rated but please, lets not go back to a flurry of short term signings and disrupt the team because we need to see continuity with what we have.

Will he be playing for the under 21 team tomorrow to have a good look at him ?
    rangerider

Re: Jerry Yates Signing

Post by rangerider on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:43 pm

Martin L

Post by Martin L on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:38 pm

Hey RR, thanks for capturing my AWESOME riff on my guitar at the weekend on the Grimsby video, I am supporting U2 on their North American Tour. Cheers.
    rangerider

Post by rangerider on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:50 pm

Martin L wrote:Hey RR, thanks for capturing my AWESOME riff on my guitar at the weekend on the Grimsby video, I am supporting U2 on their North American Tour. Cheers.

No problem Martin, if anyone wants to use the vids on Facebook/ Twitter please feel free, might show some people that don't know that we have a football team in Harrogate i don't have social media so i couldn't put it on the Town facebook
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:56 am

Do we really need him at this stage? We have good choices in midfield< Ryan Fallowfield, for example, Cadman, and let us hope Andy Gascoigne at some point.

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:58 am

paulstreet wrote:Do we really need him at this stage?  We have good choices in midfield< Ryan Fallowfield, for example, Cadman, and let us hope Andy Gascoigne at some point.

Web site says he is a forword so maybe we should be wondering about Knowles  Clayton and Thewliss
    rangerider

Post by rangerider on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:00 am

He's a striker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:03 am

I will be annoyed if this guy is given a chance ahead of Thewlis.

Unless it looks like Brendon is going and Simon is thinking of using Thewlis for this position.

Chips97

Post by Chips97 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:52 pm

Personally I think it's a good signing for the timing of it as we are lacking goals from the strikers at the minute and relying on Brendon too much! I do believe we should stick with dom and clayton for the time being as I don't think we have a creative enough centre midfielder in the team to create chances for them! Dom seems to have to create his own chances at present. We need someone to go with Nyoni in the middle who has a more creative mind than Swain. I would like to see Thirlwell brought back into the starting 11 asap!

I think Jerry Yates should be given the chance to come off the bench on Saturday and see what he can produce! I see Thewlis as more of a winger than a striker as I don't think he is likely to score loads of goals but then Emmett is better than Thewlis anyway.
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:16 pm

Sorry, thought he was a midfielder, not a striker. In that case he certainly deserves a chance.

wootontommy

Post by wootontommy on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:58 pm

Cadman, from what I saw at the end of last season and in pre-season games, seems to have a lot of creativity in the centre of the park and has loads of energy.He is a young lad though, so he will need a run of games to show what he can really do and gain some confidence. Saw him running again before the start of last week's game, so hopefully he is recovering from his injury and may be available soon. I think he would compliment both Nyoni or Thirlwell in the middle, who tend to be more defensively minded.

wootontommy

Post by wootontommy on Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:00 pm

Cadman, from what I saw at the end of last season and in pre-season games, seems to have a lot of creativity in the centre of the park and has loads of energy.He is a young lad though, so he will need a run of games to show what he can really do and gain some confidence. Saw him running again before the start of last week's game, so hopefully he is recovering from his injury and may be available soon. I think he would compliment both Nyoni or Thirlwell in the middle, who tend to be more defensively minded.
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:11 pm

On the bench for Rotherham on Saturday. Good luck to him, looks a really good and promising player.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:25 pm

He is back.
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:34 pm

And gone again! Damn,we needed him. Time to step up to the plate Dom, we need your goals!
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:13 pm

Dom wont be stepping up any time since as he is injured...Have faith in Clayts, 2 last game playing alongside Thewlis hopefully!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:41 am