Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+12
iand1957
ultimate warrior
Big Lundy
Top Cat
zzzz
TheNeil30
Town Lishke
edwingray
paulstreet
town supporter
Townfan
Big Red Machine
16 posters

So long and thanks for the memories!

trevdee
    trevdee

So long and thanks for the memories! - Page 2 Empty Re: So long and thanks for the memories!

Post by trevdee Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:04 pm

yeah I don't want to splatter hear say on here I don't know full facts myself but what I do know is Irving is acting quickly to put something in place to sort this out
    TheNeil29

So long and thanks for the memories! - Page 2 Empty Re: So long and thanks for the memories!

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:09 pm

Well, lets see what the new, shiny model looks like in due course.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:28 pm

The website used to be professional, containing interesting, factual and timely updates. Currently it’s an embarrassment, the content is generally poor and the language childlike. Peter did a fantastic job, the match programme (award winning) was easily one of the best in the league and attracted many positive comments. It’s frankly ridiculous to seek any positives from Peter’s resignation and Doctor Who’s appointment. I also think Peter has been extremely dignified with his response on the forum so to start second guessing about what he did and didn’t do is grossly unfair. It’s also unfounded but don’t let that bother you. Other than that an interesting contribution Trev.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:39 pm

I know exactly what Pete achieved....I aint saying Pete wasn't an asset because he was and that much is clear...What I am saying is for the club to move forward it needs to invest in a new platform, one that can be used by any successor.

So what I am suggesting is people pipe down and wait before hanging the cat out to dry.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:09 pm

anyways I have said what I wanted...will leave you once more to your exciting lives!! Keep up the smiles everyone
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:15 pm

I've been reading the forum on and off for a while now,

Neil29 why on earth do you claim to support Harrogate, your never happy, everything is c**p or not good enough, players, managers, websites etc, and as soon as people oh here voice there opinion you shout them down if they don't agree with you, and if they make a valid point you change the subject!

I bet if I bumped into you on the street and offered you £10 you'd say not enough I want £20!

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:33 pm

Welcome to your opinion topcat but if you had been lurking for a while, you would understand why Neil is questioning yet another club fallout that's emsat odds with the pr talk of how the club is developing vs reality. In this case a very good member of the back room staff has left the club in less than great circumstances. Charlie, Tad......seems to be one a season. They don't strike me as unquestioning and amateurish like one person we know....but good people who whose departures have hindered the club.

What is said and the actual reality at wetherby road are sometimes at odds.....you only have to look at the ridiculous and sensationalist twitter build between the increasing adverts, to the leeds match for the questionable talents on show in some areas at the club. I know people who didn't go to the game as they thought that post work they would get there too late to get in. When you did get there early to 'avoid disappointment' you were confronted with the black hole of calcutta and the farce of four poor souls serving at the bar. The club lost shed loads of cash and we're very very lucky that the leeds fans took it as they did having been implored to get in early and been met with 35+min waits for a drink.

Ultimately Neil is balanced and just as I enjoy the developing ambience of the club there are still glaring issues at the club. Htfc is renowned in the non league for some good and some bad. Just as Peters departure will be seen in many circles as just being typical town.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:34 pm

Top Cat wrote:I've been reading the forum on and off for a while now,

Neil29 why on earth do you claim to support Harrogate, your never happy, everything is c**p or not good enough, players, managers, websites etc, and as soon as people oh here voice there opinion you shout them down if they don't agree with you, and if they make a valid point you change the subject!

I bet if I bumped into you on the street and offered you £10 you'd say not enough I want £20!

Lol. You say you have been reading the forum for a while, but you've just registered today to send me a message? Obviously a member of the Weaver a'hole licking society. I've obviously touched a nerve with someone for you to respond. The truth hurts, I suppose.

If you did bump onto me in the street, of course i'd want £20 instead of £10. Thats just common sense.....Let me address my thoughts:

Players: If the play well, they are given praise and congratulations, because it's the right thing to do. If they underperform, and criticism is warranted, it will be given. The squad currently needs a prolific striker and a good backup GK. Once this is addressed, we are a playoff team (as previously mentioned). Praise and criticism is given out when warranted.

Manager: As much as Simon is a nice guy. In my opinion, is not the correct person to take the club forward. I could go into my thoughts on Simon in more detail, but I will save you the broken record speech of my thoughts, which are well known (I could say a lot, but staying neutral). But to add, the simple fact of the matter is he is only still in the job is because his dad is the Chairman/Owner of HTFC. Any other impartial chairman would have got shut a long time ago. Still under daddy's thumb in his mid thirties, laughable.

Chairman/Owner: Irving, although some of the clubs actions are questionable in the past 3/4 years. Tad, Charlie, Pete etc, etc...he is a fantastic chairman and has done fantastic things off the pitch for the club, invested in the club (not as much as people think though) and bought additional revenue streams in for the club as well as enhanced the reputation of the club, so I fully realise that there is a lot to thank him for. However, for all the fantastic things he has done, it is worth noting that all the nice things around the stadium will ultimately count for little if we cant progress on the pitch. Points and Promotions are earned on the pitch, not off it. Oh, and improved performances, and higher table position would also improve attendances (club to note this little fact).

Website: Already made my point on this, not repeating myself. A new website is on way. Proof is in the pudding, I suppose.

I normally do like to get the last word (who doesn't, my better half will confirm this also). That's just me. There are other people who use this forum past, previous and present who are exactly the same. Where were you when the club was on its multiple terrible runs of form and people were criticising the club left, right and centre? I was right here, expressing my opinion. Always have done, and always will do. Dont like it, dont read it. Simple.

All of the above for me is my thoughts and opinions on the matter.

P.S - Who the **** calls themselves Top Cat. At least i'm not hiding behind some Pseudonym to have a gripe. At least I use my real name.

P.P.S - Thanks Carefree, nice to see someone has a realistic view.

Harrogate 1, Leeds 1
    Cleethorpes 1, Harrogate 1.

Interesting.......
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Interesting...

You should be a politician
    TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:46 pm

I wish everyone would be that committed to the club to step in and take on the mantle and not receive anything in return. Better than some who only turn up when they can get a freebie and offer the club nothing in return.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:35 pm

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
    zzzz

Post by zzzz Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:40 pm

Freebies very nice
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:42 pm

I remember a certain person sorting me out with a match ticket once. I'd have paid regardless, but wasn't going to turn down a free ticket which I was grateful for.
    zzzz

Post by zzzz Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:53 pm

Neil can you get me a free ticket off your friend
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:05 pm

A free ticket everynow and again would be a nice touch, would soften the blow of having to pay a whole pound extra a game this year
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:28 am

The club do normally 1/2 games per season have a game that is free entry, ticketed.

The club also do a game for 1/2 price as well.

Still, paying £13 per game in this division does seem a bit too much at this level, in my opinion. But the management have their reasons.
    TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:36 am

I have no problem with paying £13 for a ticket. The standard of football which we get to see, compared to other clubs in the league, is so much higher.

Really looking forward to watching the team in action again tomorrow against Barrow. Simon has improved the team so much over the summer and it is really exciting to see the transformation.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:59 am

Well, I wont stop paying £13, because I will always support Harrogate (contrary to beliefs of other forum members) but it does look promising if they can produce the level of display they did in the Leeds game (which I did go to), and Cleethorpes, then playoffs it is. I'd be confident of that.

I still maintain that we need a prolific striker and GK.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:05 pm

Doesn’t sound like Beesley will be scoring many goals this season!!!!!!
    Shocked
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:26 pm

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't the manager say in an interview that he was going with the players he's got? so don;t think we will be getting a prolific striker in thats why i think Gainsborough could do well this season Newsham and Jarman in shows their intent for next season
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:38 pm

I agree that the standard of writing and grammar in the match reports from Cleethorpes leaves a huge amount to be desired. So too an incesssant over-use of Twitter for the most inane postings.
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:42 pm

Who calls them self top cat at least I don't hide behind a name? Well done you,
    Presume you know everyone by there real names on here do you?
    Meow
    zzzz

Post by zzzz Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Crazy barrow farters and £10 to watch them scum ,greedy weaver
    TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:42 pm

Great game of football today. Clayton works like a Trojan and really impressed with our new signings. Can't wait for the season to begin.

Can't imagine many of the grumpy people off here would have been there as no freebies. Thought superfan freebyNeil29 may have been there though. There was a grumpy fan who I saw in the bar. It may have bee him.
    zzzz

Post by zzzz Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:57 pm

Grumpy people at the bar how could you be

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 am