Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
j2021
YoungStato123
sulphurite
7 posters

Eastwood v Town Match Updates?

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Eastwood v Town Match Updates? Empty Eastwood v Town Match Updates?

Post by sulphurite Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:41 pm

Is it worth a thread for this game?
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Eastwood v Town Match Updates? Empty Re: Eastwood v Town Match Updates?

Post by sulphurite Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:59 pm

Today's Team:

Aaron Ratchford
    Michael Wood
    Ben Chapman
    Matt Bloomer
    Craig James
    Adam Nowakowski
    Simon Harrison
    Curtis Woodhouse
    Brian Dutton
    Dan Broadbent
    Ollie Ryan

Stephen Hernandez
    Richard Dunning
    Steven Ivanov
    Jim Ghaichem
    Dave McTiernan
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Lost again
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:07 pm

Well i can say it looks like town are improving last two games weve only lost narrowly 1-0. And if Simon Yeo has signed that is a good signing from first thought. Come on Town!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:44 pm

not goos enough, yes we are improving but we need bloody wins otherwise were gunna be cut adrift at the bottom!!! and we signed an 37 year old journeyman striker! he cant be that good ..... CMON TOWN !!!!! WE NEED MORE !!!!!!!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:17 pm

I've had enough, taxi for weaver and half the first XI!
    the wizard

Post by the wizard Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:17 am

taxi has been waiting for him for a couple of months now, but im glad he makes his post match comments, they amuse me to no end. its always the same - 'We know where we have come from and where we need to go, and how we need to do it. There should be some additions to help us increase our chances'

well, we've come from being a promotion chasing side and it looks like the need is relegation, with as many players as possible to achieve it.

im right behind the lads, but the manager needs to step down before he sets the club back years!! Town will not be an experiment to see if someone is good at management!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:46 am

It looks as though (for reasons we can only speculate on) Bill has nailed his colours to Simon Weaver for the season, heaven help us. Bill says he 'sees something special' in him, I wish he'd tell us what it is, because I'm struggling to see it. If 2 orv 3 more players sign it will push the total used to close to 40, and we havn't played half the season! Reedy would be proud of him, but at least Reedy used to win matches! I have this horrible feeling that come March we will 10 points adrift at the bottom and Simon's post-match comments will be: ' we know what we have to do, we are very close to achieving it. We hope to bring a couple more in to give us more of a cutting edge.'
    I hope BRM has gor some extra small font sizes, cos he is gonna need them for the player appearance page of the programme soon!
    Anyway the Unibond Premier aint so bad: plenty of local derbys, another visit to Gigg Lane...look on the bright side
    Shocked And we will STILl be two leagues above our Starbeck Locomotive friends, who are undoubtedly going to be re-joining the exalted ranks of the NE Counties League Couldn't happen to a nicer club, and at least the ground and the league will be more in harmony. Very Happy
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:39 am

I wanted to be so positive about him, and I know that we havent had luck in a lot of matches recently, and I've said in previous posts that he should be given until xmas, but I dont care now, the club has sunk to an all time low, and has become a revolving door for players to come and go. His post match comments are a joke, he hasnt got a clue what he is doing.

In 3 seasons, we have gone from a team that was 2 matches away from the Conference Premier, to Blue Square North relegation candidates. We want players who will give it all in each and every game, and the only player who has showed any passion or fire in his belly is Nowakowski and Ratchford. If we had 11 players with as much passion as those two, this squad would be a lot better than the current predicament.

Its time for the manager to step down, and to get someone in who can pull the squad together and make it a cohesive unit again. It is blatantly obvious that he has lost the respect of the players, and the dressing room. They dont have faith in him as a manager anymore.

I would like to know why the Chairman gave Weaver a contract until the end of the season? pressure from Weavers' dad perhaps? Its blatantly obvious that behind the scenes, something is not right. And I believe that the Chairman is on the verge of losing control of the club, and sooner, rather than later, something will have to give.

And just for the comments, Simon Yeo? 37yr old journeyman striker? He is worse than Benjamin!! At least he could put the ball in the net! This signing will not make any difference to the squad at all.

Weaver, do us all a favour and resign now, before you destroy this club and set it back 5 years.

I will always be a loyal fan of Harrogate Town FC regardless, but Im only stating what I believe the majority of fans are thinking.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:42 pm

paulstreet wrote:
    I hope BRM has gor some extra small font sizes, cos he is gonna need them for the player appearance page of the programme soon!

heh heh heh, I know, it's a nightmare!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:25 am

hahaha!! How many players so far...30+ i think?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:51 am