Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+11
Town Lishke
paulstreet
thetallaccountant
Innocent Bystander
A1 drifter
ultimate warrior
slicker
GARAGE
Townfan
JueChorleyFC
TheNeil29
15 posters

Hello from Lancashire!

gedmaloney

Hello from Lancashire! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello from Lancashire!

Post by gedmaloney Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:40 pm

thetallaccountant wrote:Thanks for the detailed post Ged which has prompted a number of thoughts:

1. I would welcome you posting more regularly again - this would then not allow people to say that you only post when the team are on a good run.

2. Surely TS's "mocking" comment was based on previous comments not only on this forum, but further up this thread?

3. Have the Q&A minutes been emailed to Supporters' Club members? I haven't noticed them in my inbox. If not, can they be please, or perhaps even better placed on this forum?

4. My view is that there is room for both the loyal volunteers you describe and those who criticise from an independent viewpoint - it seems that the club is now putting the underperforming first half of the season behind it, and I think both of those groups of people have been needed for this corner to be turned.

5. Like you and Jordan, I would love to see TS at the Boston game!

If you would drop me your e-mail details on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I will forward the Q&A write up - did forward them to my HTSC database but you may have been missed from it in which case I need to update or you might miss out on the FREE DRAW!!!!! affraid

town supporter

Post by town supporter Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:30 pm

I get out quite a bit ged, it's just not always to places where I'd like - next week for instance I'm taking my eldest to a frozen themed party and later the same day to a soft play party. Anyway, I digress, does strike me as fundamentally unfair allowing me free coach travel whilst others pay full price. Now I acknowledge this is probably common practice for you lot in corporate hospitality etc but it really ain't for me.

Anyway pleased you now feel able to post - shame you weren't so keen when our supporters were getting abused by players and our club captain was getting loaned out to our local rivals.

Playing wise, Clayton needs signing permanently, creates space for others, shows great awareness and holds the ball up extremely well. Jordan never stops running and chases down every lost cause. Jack provides much needed width and balance. Most importantly of all is Cecil who breaks up attacks, provides invaluable defensive cover and can really play too. Now just think how good we'd be with a proper manager!!!
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:38 pm

Not enough praise given to Ryan Fallowfields contribution to our recent performances. His run and pass to Gascoigne for his goal at Fylde last week was class. Any truth in the rumour he's on his way back to Hull?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:55 pm

GARAGE wrote:Not enough praise given to Ryan Fallowfields contribution to our recent performances. His run and pass to Gascoigne for his goal at Fylde last week was class. Any truth in the rumour he's on his way back to Hull?

Simon and John were saying at the Q&A that Ryan would like to stay for the rest of the season however unfortunately, the decision is not solely his.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:50 pm

Pardon me for having the temerity to disagree with TS, but surely Ged has offered to pay for your travel? How is that Corporate hospitality?
    Still, never mind, it would really not fit with TS to actually enjoy something to do with Town!!
    Nothing will help his mood save the removal of "the Weavers"!!
    Personally, I'll take the present situation and enjoy my visits to Wetherby Road.
    It may be politically incorrect as far as some are concerned, but I would like to express my thanks to the Club for the improvements made over the last few years.
    I'm sure Gazza will be well looked after, as have others who have been injured while playing for the Club.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:12 am

Difficult to really enjoy Saturday evening even after such a fantastic win, because of Gascoigne's awful injury, but it was a fantastic performance ( again!). I thought Nyoni was MOTM by a country mile, no disrespect to Emmett who did well. I hope efforts are being made behind the scenes to sign up Clayton for next season. Agree with Mr Accountant that we may indeed 'have ourselves a team here'. I guess next week we will see how much Gascoigne is missed (and Fallowfield?). With hindsight might have been a mistake to let Kerry go (can he be called back?). Still (the injury aside), great to be able to really enjoy an afternoon at the CNG again.
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:47 am

Townfan wrote:
    What do you call a "few" good results.
    Well not dropping points at home to Leamington for a start. We'll see how this all pans out of course but it's amazing how quick folk on here are to forget the past after a handful of good results. Not that you're a fickle bunch or anything. Hard to believe it won't end in tears again at some point for the umpteenth time.

Townfan wrote:
    We have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 4.
    Yes we've won FOUR out of our last 10 league games. Isn't that simply par for the course under this manager? I know Neil and the Dark Knight were big on stats. Something like a 35-40% win record isn't it guys? But feel free to set yourselves up for another fall people. I don't know where all this blind faith comes from it's pretty obvious that the manager has stumbled upon this team. Accident rather than design wouldn't you say but let's see how long he holds it together this time.

Last edited by Town Lishke on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:54 am

Not sure if its got anything to do with being 'fickle', possibly its because we are Harrogate Town fans and love to see them a) win and b) play great football doing so 4 wins out of 5 against play off contenders ain't bad in my books. I retain my doubts about managerial matters, but, hey, we are winning and playing exciting football to boot, so, sorry to disappoint, but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:05 am

paulstreet wrote:Not sure if its got anything to do with being 'fickle', possibly its because we are Harrogate Town fans and love to see them a) win and b) play great football doing so  4 wins out of 5 against play off contenders ain't bad in my books.
    Fylde's recent results have been shaky to say the least so it's not like we're the only one's winning some of these games and I see Chorley lost last week to Gloucester! I give it 6 weeks tops before the wheels come off again.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:15 pm

I can understand everyones point of view, and I cant really disagree with any of it, because I see all angles everyone is coming from.

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that for the people that criticise Simon (me included) he isn't going anywhere, as confirmed at the Q & A. As disappointing as this is, nothing is going to change in the near, or maybe even far future.

Due to this, I am just enjoying the fact that we seem to have a team again, who want to play for the shirt, and not the wagepacket. It is pleasing to see an improvement in results recently, but I am still firmly on the fence at this moment in time and yes, the form of the teams we have beaten in Fylde and Chorley is questionable. But a win is a win, and I will take that every time. The bonus is, we are performinhg well, and winning and I hope it continues.

The issue now will be the loss of Gascoigne, but even after he went off injured, we still went at the throat of the opposition, and showed no fear, if reports are to believed. (I couldnt attend this game, unfortunately). That was extremely pleasing to hear.

In my opinion, Gascoigne is a very good player, no doubt about it, and I wish him all the best in his recovery, but the brutal fact of the matter is that no-one is irreplacable. It is a team game, and everyone has to contribute. I'm sure whoever comes in for Gascoigne will do an effective job also.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:47 pm

paulstreet wrote:Difficult to really enjoy Saturday evening even after such a fantastic win, because of Gascoigne's awful injury, but it was a fantastic performance ( again!).  I thought Nyoni was MOTM by a country mile, no disrespect to Emmett who did well. I hope efforts are being made behind the scenes to sign up Clayton for next season.  Agree with Mr Accountant that we may indeed 'have ourselves a team here'. I guess next week we will see how much Gascoigne is missed (and Fallowfield?). With hindsight might have been a mistake to let Kerry go (can he be called back?). Still (the injury aside), great to be able to really enjoy an afternoon at the CNG again.

Thought you said we would win nothing with kids --they have already won you over
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:46 pm

Town Lishke wrote:
    Townfan wrote:
    What do you call a "few" good results.
    Well not dropping points at home to Leamington for a start. We'll see how this all pans out of course but it's amazing how quick folk on here are to forget the past after a handful of good results. Not that you're a fickle bunch or anything. Hard to believe it won't end in tears again at some point for the umpteenth time.

Townfan wrote:
    We have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 4.
    Yes we've won FOUR out of our last 10 league games. Isn't that simply par for the course under this manager? I know Neil and the Dark Knight were big on stats. Something like a 35-40% win record isn't it guys? But feel free to set yourselves up for another fall people. I don't know where all this blind faith comes from it's pretty obvious that the manager has stumbled upon this team. Accident rather than design wouldn't you say but let's see how long he holds it together this time.
    "Dropping points at home to Leamington"
    Look at some of the results over the past month. As I've said before there are no easy games in this league.
    "Stumbled upon this team".
    So who was responsible for bringing Fallowfield, Nyomi, Clayton, Thewliss, Gascoigne and Shiels to the club then - the tea lady ?
    You still haven't told us what this "masterplan " is, please enlighten us.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:40 pm

town supporter wrote:I get out quite a bit ged, it's just not always to places where I'd like - next week for instance I'm taking my eldest to a frozen themed party and later the same day to a soft play party.  Anyway,  I digress,  does strike me as fundamentally unfair allowing me free coach travel whilst others pay full price. Now I acknowledge this is probably common practice for you lot in corporate hospitality etc but it really ain't for me.

Anyway pleased you now feel able to post - shame you weren't so keen when our supporters were getting abused by players and our club captain was getting loaned out to our local rivals.

Playing wise,  Clayton needs signing permanently,  creates space for others, shows great awareness and holds the ball up extremely well. Jordan never stops running and chases down every lost cause. Jack provides much needed width and balance.  Most importantly of all is Cecil who breaks up attacks,  provides invaluable defensive cover and can really play too. Now just think how good we'd be with a proper manager!!!

Will you be in attendance at the next home fixture? - if yes, I would be more than happy to discuss a number of points you raise in your post.

Both parties may need to accept that at the end of our discussion we will need to agree to disagree, but at least you will have a more balanced view of a number of issues that you raise (issues, some of which were discussed at the recent Q&A).

In the interests of maintaining my integrity, I will not offer you a complimentary pint (nb. attempt at sarcasm following your comment re hospitality affraid), but should you wish to invite Bernard along, he still owes me for pulling out his winning ticket in the HTSC draw:D Very Happy .
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:02 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    town supporter wrote:I get out quite a bit ged, it's just not always to places where I'd like - next week for instance I'm taking my eldest to a frozen themed party and later the same day to a soft play party.  Anyway,  I digress,  does strike me as fundamentally unfair allowing me free coach travel whilst others pay full price. Now I acknowledge this is probably common practice for you lot in corporate hospitality etc but it really ain't for me.

Playing wise,  Clayton needs signing permanently,  creates space for others, shows great awareness and holds the ball up extremely well. Jordan never stops running and chases down every lost cause. Jack provides much needed width and balance.  Most importantly of all is Cecil who breaks up attacks,  provides invaluable defensive cover and can really play too. Now just think how good we'd be with a proper manager!!!

Will you be in attendance at the next home fixture? - if yes, I would be more than happy to discuss a number of points you raise in your post.

Both parties may need to accept that at the end of our discussion we will need to agree to disagree, but at least you will have a more balanced view of a number of issues that you raise (issues, some of which were discussed at the recent Q&A).

In the interests of maintaining my integrity, I will not offer you a complimentary pint (nb. attempt at sarcasm following your comment re hospitality affraid), but should you wish to invite Bernard along, he still owes me for pulling out his winning ticket in the HTSC draw:D Very Happy .

Just in case you missed my initial response to your post TS Wink
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:33 pm

You're more than welcome to join me for a chat in the bar after the game for what good it will do. Some people are prepared to support the club at any cost and I'm not - I don't like the weavers, I don't like how they conduct themselves and by association I'm not that keen on you either. I've seen enough that I don't like and I know plenty others that feel the same.

For the record, I checked with bernard and shane killock pulled out the winning ticket and not you. Shortly afterwards shane was farmed out to our local rivals. I imagine its these little lapses of concentration that resulted in the club signing lenighan and a well respected director leaving the club. Commercially I'm not sure what good thst did the club are you mr director?

Taddio for now ...
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:41 pm

town supporter wrote:You're more than welcome to join me for a chat in the bar after the game for what good it will do. Some people are prepared to support the club at any cost and I'm not - I don't like the weavers,  I don't like how they conduct themselves and by association I'm not that keen on you either.  I've seen enough that I don't like and I know plenty others that feel the same.

For the record, I checked with bernard and shane killock pulled out the winning ticket and not you.  Shortly afterwards shane was farmed out to our local rivals.  I imagine its these little lapses of concentration that resulted in the club signing lenighan and a well respected director leaving the club. Commercially I'm not sure what good thst did the club are you mr director?

Taddio for now ...

TS - I think it's best if we just leave it - it's obvious that you have a point of view that is unlikely to be open to a civil conversation.

Thanks for the response though.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:58 pm

I have a point of view that differs from yours which the club finds difficult to accept. I think you'd struggle to find a fellow town supporter at games and in the bar that doesn't find me open to a civil conversation. Not sure the same could be said for some town officials and players. Happy to leave it there.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:27 pm

Is that a promise?
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:46 pm

Why are you called Town Supporter? If you were a town supporter you would actually go to the games and support the team? it shouldn't matter who owns the club you should just support the team on the pitch!
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:18 pm

Unfortunately in life, it is not unusual to find people who can only be motivated by jealousy, bitterness or other negative attitudes.
    Look back over the past few years, you'll find TS is not a supporter, he's a Weaver-hater.
    Nothing will change.
    Ged - good effort, but doomed from the start.
    I'll continue to enjoy supporting the club, and I suggest others of a similar mind do the same.
    Right now Gascoigne is more deserving of our thoughts than TS and his ilk.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 pm